PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Post Draft Free Agents

1714269193229.png
1714269465645.png
1714269444856.png

Last edited:
With Bush, that's 10

It will be interesting to see if any of these are just mini-camp invites.

Last edited:
His pick is at 11:06 here. Just a little fluky.

Bush looks like he could be someone who sits on the PS and ends up earning a spot via special teams.. Forcing guys like McMillan and Giles-Harris

cb - Mikey Victor - Tall (6'2 3/8), Slow (4.6), bad 3-cone (4.34)

@jmt57 Sorry you don't like facts posted about players that are signed.
3cone was actually 6.82, which is excellent for a 6'2.3" dude. Reminds me of Jakobi Meyers (6.87 Pro day 3cone) - Acceleration is decent from Shrine Bowl Zebra data, but there's this speed governor that results in low top end speed, which is NOT what I want in a DB. His fastest recorded speed at Shrine practices/game was 19.25mph. Might not have been moving all out... who knows.

cb - Mikey Victor - Tall (6'2 3/8), Slow (4.6), bad 3-cone (4.34)
b0ea6031-9c1b-44e8-87e5-4031c4aba667_text.gif

I'm really curious to see where Tyler Owens goes. Probably the most athletic person overall and 2nd fastest in this entire draft. Doesn't believe in outer space.

41" Vert, 12'2" Broad (1" short of record), 10.35 100m in HS (+1.9w), 10.01 100m also in HS (no wind reading, nw). 21.55mph measured in the Shrine Bowl practices/game.

The top 3 items are a sure thing and total about $14M. Roster bonuses will not all be hit so in all likelihood that’s probably closer to $2M. So that’s only $16M needed and they have about $40M left after that.

Replacing injured players doesn’t really mean a lot since no one is injured yet, and often replacements are low salary veterans. Usually only a few million are reserved for that. Extensions are mentioned but usually that doesn’t touch the cap in the current year. If anything it might reduce the current cap hit.

It's my ignorance but I don't recognise any of these guys. I don't get the same buzz with any of these compared to some players in previous years......could any realistically get on the team this year ?...who knows.

It's my ignorance but I don't recognise any of these guys. I don't get the same buzz with any of these compared to some players in previous years......could any realistically get on the team this year ?...who knows.
It doesn’t sound like we got any priority udfa. In fact, a lot of them are older, so they’re probably there to help build a culture this first camp rather than be part of the long term plans.

They’re all at positions that stand a puncher’s chance, though.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back