PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Rumor Patriots rejected two major trade offers?

A report indicating the Patriots are potentially in the market for this player, or have expressed or plant to express interest.
I feel like dangling the pick to Harbaugh was as much about trying to see how much ******** he threw on JJ McCarthy vs. his real feelings than anything else. Herbert is expensive and hasn't won anything...Harbaugh said JJ was THE GUY.

Really? Prove it.
I saw this the same way.

Y'all are tripping. The Patriots will have a top 5 pick again next year where they can trade down and grab the value you're looking for.

Except next year they'll have their franchise quarterback to load up with.

Picking JJ at 11 would of just been a true waste of a pick.

I’m good with taking Maye at 3. Not having a franchise-level QB is a death sentence in the NFL. As fast as QBs were coming off the board who do we get instead, Bo Nix?
I liked Nix. Payton gave a real good sell job on him.

i want Maye to sit for a year, to learn, it didn't hurt Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers at all. Especially given his age. As someone who has been a fan for awhile, it is funny to see how much of the fanbase are spoile snowflakes.

False.

Not having an OL is the death sentence.

Ask any of the NYJ qb's from the last 2 decades or so.

Or the Giants of late.
I agree, you need both. If we dropped Zach Wilson or Mac behind the Chiefs’ OLine does either one of them get the bus to the Super Bowl? That’s the question

According to Breer, the Patriots rejected trade offers for #3 from the New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings.

Breer: "“Earlier this week, Minnesota offered the Nos. 11 and 23 picks, and its 2025 first-rounder, with pick swaps favoring the Vikings as part of the proposal; and that offer ticked up with New England on the clock,”

If this is true, and I don't doubt it, then the Patriots whiffed on a chance for a major upgrade. Queue the second guessing, but with the Vikings picks the Patriots could have taken OT Fashanu and WR Brian Thomas/Xavier Worthy...or various other combinations including a QB....plus an extra first round next year. Yikes; that would have been an instant upgrade.

Drake Maye better be the Second Coming or else this pick will haunt them for years.

The Giants offer wasn't a serious offer. The Minnesota offer as listed was borderline. honestly. I would be fine waiting for next year to take the QB, to be honest, but I doubt many of the fans would, and the Kraft's aren't going to have that PR.

If the Vagiants had given ass-urances that they wouldn't take Maye but this ****ing FO still refused the trade, then not only are they Clearly incompetent (just look at their ****ing Idiot day 2 picks) but they're also ****ing gutless ****ies as well.

Meet the New boss; same as the Old boss.
That's the thing. It's not really a new boss, is it? There's one less guy in the draft room.

The Patriots will have a top 5 pick again next year where they can trade down and grab the value you're looking for.
LT Will Campbell from LSU. I can dream, can’t I? Better than Alt. Right now.
i want Maye to sit for a year, to learn
Absolutely. Having Calvin Anderson as your LT and Jalen Reagor as your X receiver is enough to make Maye turn to Corky mush.

Take the players out of my post.. are you saying you would have rejected that offer.

If you really want to know what I think, I think they should've picked Marvin Harrison Jr with #3. I must be a complete moron, right? Oh wait - another team picked him so he's Hall Of Fame bound now! :)

This article just confirms what was talked about in the media before the draft. Players fail at all positions, debating one unknown vs a larger set of unknowns is just framing the fundamental question a different way. If Maye is good, this is the part in Dynasty II where RKK says that he put his foot down and forced Wolf to draft the QB. If he is a bust there will be plenty of things to complain about, including the missed opportunity to restock other positions during this draft. So far he seems much different than Mac. More confidence, less ****iness. I also like the fact that he faced some hardship in college and played ell enough to stay at the top of the draft.
Maye also seems very likable and upbeat. Mac Jones was sulky and a self flagellating guy like that albino in the DaVinci code movie. You need your QB to be the one rallying and consoling, not the one who needs to be consoled.

If you really want to know what I think, I think they should've picked Marvin Harrison Jr with #3. I must be a complete moron, right? :)
Yeah, take the best player in the draft. What a maroon.

If you really want to know what I think, I think they should've picked Marvin Harrison Jr with #3. I must be a complete moron, right? Oh wait - another team picked him so he's Hall Of Fame bound now! :)
As the only Zappe-ite left not related to him or friends with him (or that random Pat who shouted QB1 in that video), I was secretly hoping they'd do that. However, based on the fact that the Maye pick was a no brainer to them for a while (along with BB's comments during draft day), it's clear they (understandably and justifiably) have no faith in the guy to be the long term starter.

Love how the writer covered himself. He can either sing the praises if Maye works out or pounce on them for not taking the deal if he ends up not working out in a couple of years. He doesn’t stick to one or the other just like a turd.

As the only Zappe-ite left not related to him or friends with him (or that random Pat who shouted QB1 in that video), I was secretly hoping they'd do that. However, based on the fact that the Maye pick was a no brainer to them for a while (along with BB's comments during draft day), it's clear they (understandably and justifiably) have no faith in the guy to be the long term starter.

I was actually thinking Brissett could've become the QB Parcells raved about if he had MHJ to throw to.

A great WR can make some QBs look great. For instance, Matt Ryan's MVP season was really Julio Jones' MVP season in disguise. It has happened in a few Super Bowls too. MHJ would have added some electricity to the game. With him on one side and Pop Douglas on the other with Bourne in the slot? Any QB from Foxboro High could throw to them. :)

I was actually thinking Brissett could've become the QB Parcells raved about if he had MHJ to throw to.

A great WR can make some QBs look great. For instance, Matt Ryan's MVP season was really Julio Jones' MVP season in disguise. It has happened in a few Super Bowls too. MHJ would have added some electricity to the game. With him on one side and Pop Douglas on the other with Bourne in the slot? Any QB from Foxboro High could throw to them. :)
That could certainly be. I sound like a broken record at this point, but Brissett is tied for the best Interception % all time with ARodg, so he takes care of the ball. Comp% seems to be improving over the years (58.8, 60.9, 62.7, 64.0) when he's had extended chances. Could surprise barring OL health/play.

Drake Maye will likely need half of a season or possibly a full season to develop.

That starts NOW not next year.

The team did not "Whiff"...

As I've said before, they had the certainty that Maye was available and would "only" cost #3.

If they trade down, there are no guarantees. And waiting a year or two could put them where the Vikings ended up this year.

I agree this is how things should go, but doubt they actually will.

Team goes 2-4 and the fans will be screaming for Maye and I doubt this team's leadership will be able to say no, we're coaching him up for next season, JB is our guy.
Even Patrick Mahomes sat for all but 1 game of his rookie season.

I would also like Maye to be given the opportunity to hold a clipboard, work on his game in the background, and just sit and learn before having to place him in any danger on the field.

Even Patrick Mahomes sat for all but 1 game of his rookie season.

I would also like Maye to be given the opportunity to hold a clipboard, work on his game in the background, and just sit and learn before having to place him in any danger on the field.
The difference here, of course, is that Alex Smith was a top 10-12 QB at the time, and the Chiefs were competing for the division. Brissett is not that, and the Patriots are not that.

The difference here, of course, is that Alex Smith was a top 10-12 QB at the time, and the Chiefs were competing for the division. Brissett is not that, and the Patriots are not that.
I'll agree that Alex Smith is better than Brisset.

But considering that realistically we're not competing for the playoffs in year 1 of the rebuild, all the MORE reason to keep Maye on the bench and make sure not to expose him to unnecessary hits.

Let the kid learn first and afford him the time to grow into his potentially very high ceiling.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back