PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2010 NFL MVP Debate (merged several times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vick Stirs Debate in the M.V.P. Vote

Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about the practice of slaughtering animals en masse, but I'm pretty sure it would be inefficient to engage in the torturous practices that Vick did. It'd make a lot more sense just to kill the animal.

I would say that Vick was kinder than factory farms, but that would require me to imagine living as an animal at Vick's place or in a factory farm. obviously, a hard thing to do, to imagine being an animal. But--that being the case, I'd rather be cooped at Vick's house, and I read about everything he did there. It's better than the factory farms. Look up the term "gestation crate"--or don't look it up if you like cheap pork. I only buy meat now from a retailer I trust.

I would say that Vick was kinder than factory farms, but that would require me to imagine living as an animal at Vick's place or in a factory farm. obviously, a hard thing to do, to imagine being an animal. But--that being the case, I'd rather be cooped at Vick's house, and I read about everything he did there. It's better than the factory farms. Look up the term "gestation crate"--or don't look it up if you like cheap pork. I only buy meat now from a retailer I trust.

I'd just as soon avoid that kind of thing myself, so I probably would want to learn more. In general, who are the main culprits? IE, Who would the factory farms supply to?

That said, even still, the average consumer is not partaking in the torture and is unaware of it. Thus, making it not at all comparable to what Vick did.

Last edited:

I'd just as soon avoid that kind of thing myself, so I probably would want to learn more. In general, who are the main culprits? IE, Who would the factory farms supply to?

That said, even still, the average consumer is not partaking in the torture and is unaware of it. Thus, making it not at all comparable to what Vick did.

Smithfield farms is one of the biggest culprits, and every store they supply to. So yeah, once educated, maybe it's encumbent upon us to not only stop buying meat of tortured animals, but to educate others and/or boycott.

But as to your last point, we live in such a complex world that relies on the mass production of food, that I don't think ignorance is a defense any longer. If you live in our society, it's important to realize that your behavior as a consumer can be unethical even if you don't realize it. It's an unavoidable part of life now because too many people that should be regulating these things will look the other way for money. We're the last defense. It becomes our responsibility.

I dont eat meat, or partake in animal fighting, not with dogs, not with cats, not with little jerry.

I am a proud member of PETA. -- People Eating Tasty Animals.

I think Brady is having a better season than Vick. I don't care about Vick's dog fights.

I also think equating a dog's life with a human life is abhorrent.

Life is life. Who are you to apply value? When you reach deity status, let me know.

Life is life. Who are you to apply value? When you reach deity status, let me know.

Sure, a ****roach=a child. Sounds good.

I am a proud member of PETA. -- People Eating Tasty Animals.

I think Brady is having a better season than Vick. I don't care about Vick's dog fights.

Thats so original...SYKE!

Sure, a ****roach=a child. Sounds good.

and who are you to say? Life is life, you are no more important to the universe than a bug, and the bug is no more important to you.

and who are you to say? Life is life, you are no more important to the universe than a bug, and the bug is no more important to you.

OK, back in the cage....

I think people in the forum need to stop obsessing over the MVP vote. There's only one award I care about: The Vince Lombardi Trophy. The rest is just miniscule details.

if the season ended today

Brady

vick

rivers

There isn't much of a debate. Brady has done precisely nothing to diminish his standing as MVP since people first started discussing it. He has only got more efficient and kept winning. If he doesn't win this year than he'll never be MVP again unless he throws 51 TD's in a season. The standard for him winning it would be absurdly high compared to the output Manning has had in his MVP seasons that were not record breaking.

I'm sure the fly that Obama swatted on TV shares your sentiments. Unfortunately for the fly, life on earth has always had a hierarchy.

Last edited:

The only reason i can see Vick winning is because how dynamic he is. Its also pretty fun to watch the quarterback be the lead rusher. But if people really voted for a MVP Brady is the only choice. The eagles win because of a lot of their players, if you switched the teams they played for, and Brady had DeSean Jackson, Avant, Maclin, McCoy, the eagles would be unstoppable. Whereas i dont think Vick could do much of anything with the Pats offense.

There isn't much of a debate. Brady has done precisely nothing to diminish his standing as MVP since people first started discussing it. He has only got more efficient and kept winning. If he doesn't win this year than he'll never be MVP again unless he throws 51 TD's in a season. The standard for him winning it would be absurdly high compared to the output Manning has had in his MVP seasons that were not record breaking.

to me, this has been a better year for brady than his huge season

he had to deal with randy moss being a dumbass wr unlike brady's record breaking season

yet with alot of new faces on the offense, or recovering welker, and former player such as branch coming back, he's still what? 29 tds to 4 ints?

pretty amazing

and he's been saddled with a pretty crappy defense at times

yeah i'd say this is brady's best season thus far

I dont eat meat, or partake in animal fighting, not with dogs, not with cats, not with little jerry.

I used to fight with my big cats. Does that make me a bad person?

Mvp

is TFB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes