PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 NEP Draft Big Board/Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I looked for players who tested best in the drills we favor/prefer. Then slotted them by talent/projection with that in mind. * Next to a name means they tested top 5-10 at their position.

Big Board ...

2020 NEP Big Board.xlsx

I'll have most if not all my grading done tonight. You'll be able to find those here ...
Draft grades (2011-present)
DRAFT GRADES - HISTORY 2011-PRESENT.xlsx

Any questions, comments feel free to ask or shoot your shot.

Last edited:
Nice Job ! What am I missing about Blacklock? I thought, I would instantly take him over Murchison, Lynch and Hamilton.

Reactions: Ian
Nice Job ! What am I missing about Blacklock? I thought, I would instantly take him over Murchison, Lynch and Hamilton.
Testing. Neither him nor Gallimore did as well as I hoped in short area drills compared to the others. They'll grade out around the same area for me. Plus Blacklock's injuries. Remember the combine testing is just as if not more important for the big boys up front. Esp short area quicks. If you don't have that you need a unique body/length and again neither have that as well.

Testing. Neither him nor Gallimore did as well as I hoped in short area drills compared to the others. They'll grade out around the same area for me. Plus Blacklock's injuries. Remember the combine testing is just as if not more important for the big boys up front. Esp short area quicks. If you don't have that you need a unique body/length and again neither have that as well.

Yeah I thought on Tape and after reading some reports that Blacklock's quickness is one of his strengths which make him such a good Rusher despite his lack of weight. I thought he could be our 3-4 DE in passing downs but also give us the versatility to play 4-3. I read from one Site that he has Rush instincts like a DE.
In case we trade down and draft a DT. Which one would you get ?

So again this is a good "rough" idea of what our board will look like.

A few blue might be green. Few yellow might be blue ...
For example, if we really like Herbert, we're taking him in the first. He's going top 10-15 but the grade is more of a reflection on him. The value of a QB will always win out.

Again a rough idea of what it'll look like. In the past I've hit on a quite a few well before the draft. Stidham, Harris, Wynn, Crossen, Sony, Rivers, Garcia and others. I think this is will be pretty accurate.

I forget what the count was, 120-130? You could easily remove a few red prospects to tighten that up a bit.

You love the same guys I do. Ruiz, Love, Reagor, etc. I think Love's going higher than 23 but if he's there...
I think we've always agreed on a few prospects like Wynn & Guice? I loved both of them and had them pretty high.

Who else you like this year?

Bowden and Wallace are locks for me if they make it to our 3rd round picks.

Wallace is a perfect Harmon replacement, and Bowden has everything BB covets in a football player.

Damn, I've been using the same color scheme for my football spreadsheets except green and blue are swapped.

Yeah I thought on Tape and after reading some reports that Blacklock's quickness is one of his strengths which make him such a good Rusher despite his lack of weight. I thought he could be our 3-4 DE in passing downs but also give us the versatility to play 4-3. I read from one Site that he has Rush instincts like a DE.
In case we trade down and draft a DT. Which one would you get ?
I actually like Blacklock. His play speed is better than how he tested. He just missed a 2nd Rd grade from me so I wouldn't be mad if we ended up with him end of 2nd but I think 3rd is where his value is at. I could be wrong though.

This year's group will get different opinions bc there's no one standout Besides Brown/Kinlaw and both those guys have limitations. Kinlaw is still very raw and Brown is a bit over hyped imo.

Not sure well have to trade down as we have a few 3rds but maybe someone like Elliott, if he falls although I think he goes top 64. I like Fotu. Hamilton. Madubuike. I'd like to grab one of then in the 3rd if we could.

Just not the year to over spend at that spot imo. Same with TE, Rush groups. We should have a decent selection early 3rd or just til next year.

Bowden and Wallace are locks for me if they make it to our 3rd round picks.

Wallace is a perfect Harmon replacement, and Bowden has everything BB covets in a football player.
I really like Wallace too. Have a 2nd on him. Think he'll be more of a nickel than S. Lots to like. One of the best man defenders and tacklers in the class. Obviously versatile. Can erase some underneath stuff. Blitz.

I think his best football is in front of him for sure. Looks like he's really coming into his own and getting it.

I really like Wallace too. Have a 2nd on him. Think he'll be more of a nickel than S. Lots to like. One of the best man defenders and tacklers in the class. Obviously versatile. Can erase some underneath stuff. Blitz.

I think his best football is in front of him for sure. Looks like he's really coming into his own and getting it.

I also something that we will see in this draft is guys from big programs will get over drafted due to comfort in their level of training. There are so many questions about how much actual football anyone will see before the fall, so drafting people from highly professional programs like Bama, Clemson and the like will have a big advantage.

May also allow for more diamonds later on.

I actually like Blacklock. His play speed is better than how he tested. He just missed a 2nd Rd grade from me so I wouldn't be mad if we ended up with him end of 2nd but I think 3rd is where his value is at. I could be wrong though.

This year's group will get different opinions bc there's no one standout Besides Brown/Kinlaw and both those guys have limitations. Kinlaw is still very raw and Brown is a bit over hyped imo.

Not sure well have to trade down as we have a few 3rds but maybe someone like Elliott, if he falls although I think he goes top 64. I like Fotu. Hamilton. Madubuike. I'd like to grab one of then in the 3rd if we could.

Just not the year to over spend at that spot imo. Same with TE, Rush groups. We should have a decent selection early 3rd or just til next year.

I don't expect Kinlaw or Brown to fall down anyway. I can think of BB likes Fotu too. We need another big DT upfront after replacing Shelton with Allen. Do you think Fotu can also be used in passing plays to face double teams and open holes for our DE/OLB ?

Yeah I agree. There should be some solid TE in the 3. rd. available. Maybe not Kmet or Trautman but both Bryants are an upgrade for us at this Position. I think it really depends who get drafted early. If BB thinks that Players like Baun Queen Epenesa are still available in the early second I can see him trading down, cause there value is not much less than some others and you can get another third.
What would you request for our first round pick?

I looked for players who tested best in the drills we favor/prefer. Then slotted them by talent/projection with that in mind. * Next to a name means they tested top 5-10 at their position.

Big Board ...

2020 NEP Big Board.xlsx

I'll have most if not all my grading done tonight. You'll be able to find those here ...

2020 Grades are up

I don't expect Kinlaw or Brown to fall down anyway. I can think of BB likes Fotu too. We need another big DT upfront after replacing Shelton with Allen. Do you think Fotu can also be used in passing plays to face double teams and open holes for our DE/OLB ?

Yeah I agree. There should be some solid TE in the 3. rd. available. Maybe not Kmet or Trautman but both Bryants are an upgrade for us at this Position. I think it really depends who get drafted early. If BB thinks that Players like Baun Queen Epenesa are still available in the early second I can see him trading down, cause there value is not much less than some others and you can get another third.
What would you request for our first round pick?
I'd love to get at the top of the 2nd or a future pick for next year with our 1st.
Unless one of the guys we have a 1 on are available. Or we want to trade up. 10-14 have a few possible players for a trade.

If we can snag 33-40, we can also trade into the back half of the 2nd if we want or just own the 3rd.

A lot will depend of the OT/QB situation's. If a Love or Tua falls, we might want to make a play.

If all both units are picked clean in terms of the big 8 in each group we might see a Jeudy, Reagor, Kinlaw etc fall for a reasonable trade up ... Or even land at 23? I never thought Wynn would be there. Or Jackson. Or a bunch of others. We're due for some luck.

Man...thanks for putting this together ...this is really awesome!!!

BaconGrundleCandy, post: 5863307, member: 37612"]I looked for players who tested best in the drills we favor/prefer. Then slotted them by talent/projection with that in mind. * Next to a name means they tested top 5-10 at their position.

Big Board ...

2020 NEP Big Board.xlsx

Man...thanks for putting this together ...this is really awesome!!!

BaconGrundleCandy, post: 5863307, member: 37612"]I looked for players who tested best in the drills we favor/prefer. Then slotted them by talent/projection with that in mind. * Next to a name means they tested top 5-10 at their position.

Big Board ...

2020 NEP Big Board.xlsx

Np at all

I'd love to get at the top of the 2nd or a future pick for next year with our 1st.
Unless one of the guys we have a 1 on are available. Or we want to trade up. 10-14 have a few possible players for a trade.

If we can snag 33-40, we can also trade into the back half of the 2nd if we want or just own the 3rd.

A lot will depend of the OT/QB situation's. If a Love or Tua falls, we might want to make a play.

If all both units are picked clean in terms of the big 8 in each group we might see a Jeudy, Reagor, Kinlaw etc fall for a reasonable trade up ... Or even land at 23? I never thought Wynn would be there. Or Jackson. Or a bunch of others. We're due for some luck.

I am not sure about BB trading up in the first after we have so many holes. I did a Mock Draft where i traded down with the Bears. For two second rounders or a high second and third i would trade down if none of these 10-15 or 20 difference makers fall down. I can see BB trading up for Trautman. If i remember right, he said sth. like he would rather win on the LOS than sth. else. I think BB really liked this. Or for Bowden.
Yeah an OT like Wynn would be nice and give us a great young OT duo to protect our future QB.
Would you either take Becton Jones Jackson or Wills?

Couple of WR questions:

Pleasantly surprised at the high regard given UCF's Gabriel Davis, whom I had pegged as somebody who might still be available at #125...What did you see in him that convinced you otherwise?

Also surprised, though in a less pleasant way, that James Proche and his limitations is placed ahead of Van Jefferson, Lynn Bowden, Antonio Gibson & Joe Reed - all of whom I would draft in that order ahead of him - as a potential Slot/Returner/Weapon option...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back