PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alamo's Predict The Score 2022 Alamo's Predict the Score Contest: Week 8 - NE @ NYJ

Definition of untrack
transitive verb.: to cause to escape from a slump couldn't get untracked and played poorly throughout the game.
If that's what you were going for, then **** you for being right
I give Jones credit for pushing to play Monday night despite being limited in practice all week. I believe he gives the team its best shot at winning this season going forward.
I hear you.

I think there's a bad dynamic coming out of Mac's need to prove himself. When throwing at the bears was something Jones could not do Monday night, he acted the would-be hero and ran a few times, on a bona fide ankle injury. Just "did what he had to do." But Zappe did not have to do that. He just put up two quick TDs, but then ran out of gas. It proceded to get ugly in the second half for Zappe too.

I don't know that Mac needs to push or be pushed right now. I doubt he's 100%, and the wise choice going forward, given his response to pressure, is to see what Zappe's response to adversity is. Mac "got it" quickly in year 1, and now the league "got him," he realizes it's like a video game... you know what happens if you stand still. Just accept where you are -- at risk of losing the job, either way you go. Go the way that increases your chance in NE and extends your career no matter where. Heal for real.

I think BB is like many (but not all) here, and wants to see more Zappe until Mac is 100%. Not 80%-but-give-him-a-chance, 100%. If "get your hands up he's short" is the whole book on Zappe, and it works, it'll show soon enough. That would be a huge difference in his performance in woulda coulda shoulda world on Monday.

Meanwhile, Mac's got a problem with throwing picks when he needs to make plays, and is at best on a recovery "plateau" after Monday. I am okay with Mac riding it out a few more weeks. Let the fans (and probably kraft) get Zappe out of their systems... unless he shows a good response to adversity.

Then once again, you have a problem, but a good problem to have rather than a race to the bottom.

Pats 27
Jets 24

Jets 21

"Johnny Foxborough" and his boys 17

Pats 20
Jets 17

Bill will coach a division game much different than a non-conference game. Don't listen to the talking heads.
27-21 Pats

pats 24

jets 17

NE 26
NYJ 21

NE: 14
NYJ: 24

Pats 20
Jets 17

Pats 24
Jets 23
Lets try to keep the TOs under 3.

I didn't see Monday night coming and I definitely don't see us returning to winning ways against the Jete.(28-27) Its definitely not going to be 28 27 to us. At all.

Last edited:
℉uck all the doubters

Patriots 55 - wanted 59, slider only goes to 55
jersey b 0

'And I started jumpin up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL, " and
He started jumpin up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down
Yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the sergeant came over, pinned a medal on me,
Sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy.'

Patriots 27

J-E-T-E 26

To those who picked against the Pats ... suck you. And to those who picked against the Pats with a sorryass comment about how they didn't want to do it ... suck you with a bargepole. Sure, the ship may be sinking, but who wants to be a rat?

20-17 Pats.

'And I started jumpin up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL, " and
He started jumpin up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down
Yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the sergeant came over, pinned a medal on me,
Sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy.'
ahhh, the group W bench... the good ole days...

Jets 32
Patriots 16

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back