PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 Mock Drafts

Same, that's how I end up with Bennett last. Now I have 5 QBs coming to camp. That's way too much. Figure they maybe carry three if one looks special, and one on the the PS. Cut McFly or whatever his name is and keep the two I drafted I guess.

You need to have at least 4 arms in camp, so having 5 isn't like outrageous or anything.

If it was only this easy. I traded back TWICE in round one, still picked 19th and cleaned up. Traded picks are in bold italics.

19: Paris Johnson, OT, Ohio State
46: Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
50: Josh Davis, WR, North Carolina
76: Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami
82: Isaiah Forskey, edge, ND
107: Henry To'oto'o. LB, Alabama
117: Jammie Robinson, S, Fla. State
135: Andrew Vorhees, IOL, USC
179: Jaren Hall, QB, BYU
184: Parker Washington, WR, Penn St.
187: Jalen Redmond, DL, Oklahoma
192: Chris Rodriguez JR., RB, Kentucky
210: Alex Austin, CB, Oregon
232: Adam Korsak, P, Rutgers
235: Jerrod Clark, DL, Coastal Carolina
242: Demarco Hellams, S, Alabama

245: Stetson Bennett, QB, Georgia

I forgot I took Hall at 179 when I took Bennett at 245, so I might get fired as a GM, but I think I cleaned up otherwise. Somebody has to stick, right? Throw enough chit against the wall...
You've drafted 17 players, which is at least 7 too many.

I really like those trades too.

Yea the AI will randomly offer trades, dropping back 3 spots to pick up the 1st pick in the 2nd round seems unrealistic.. but ill take it and flex my fantasy mock draft e-peen in the process

pff_mock_results (11).png

Curious what people think of this. The picks are fairly sparse but I got Houston's '24 1st and Jerry Jeudy for a 3rd.

• A rainy, only-5-days-before-the-draft mock via PFN... Never saw JSN available so late, even after Two trade-downs... Only an extra 3rd-rounder for next year, however:

• 24. Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR Ohio State

• 46. Darnell Washington TE Georgia

• 54. Jack Campbell LB Iowa

• 76. Blake Freeland LT BYU

• 88. Jartavius Martin DB Illinois

• 107. Jonathan Mingo WR Ole Miss

• 121. Isaiah McGuire DE Missouri

• 140. Riley Moss CB Iowa

• 163. Jon Gaines C/G UCLA

• 184. Nick Herbig OLB Wisconsin

• 206. Evan Hull RB Northwestern

• 210. Chamarri Conner DB Virginia Tech

• 226. Earl Bostick OT Kansas

• 246. Jerrod Clark NT Coastal Carolina

• 2024 LAC 3rd

• 2024 CIN 6th (2024 LVN 6th traded)

Last edited:
its crazy how different some peoples boards are, ive done so many mocks where im drafting guys in round 1 or 2, and then you do one based off of another power ranking and those same players are falling to round 4-6

Really need to trust the board you're using for mocks to get an even somewhat realistic idea of how things could play out. Say what you want about @BaconGrundleCandy, but I treat his board with a high level of credibility, up there with any other media "expert"

its also funny, anyone who takes the draft seriously has certain guys ranked a certain way, but then you find the "experts" from CBS, etc that don't have a clue and have some guys that are like 1st/2nd round talents going in the 6th/7th round

Thats one thing I've definitely noticed after the dozens and dozens of mocks ive done... you can weed out a lot of "experts" simply based on consensus picks, then when you add the credibility of the person into it, you can narrow it down even more...

I don't take @BaconGrundleCandy 's rankings as the word of god or anything, but hes certainly someone i hold up there in the top 5-10 "experts" when navigating thru this madhouse that is the NFL draft

@BaconGrundleCandy sorry, this is meant to be a compliment so I apologize if my social awkwardness makes it seem different

You've drafted 17 players, which is at least 7 too many.
Agree 1,000,000%, ridiculous to make so many trades for so many meh players, with so few roster spots. Stay at 14 and pick a great player. If you want to trade up in the 2nd round, they still have a lot of picks. They have 10 picks I believe.

Kinda meh, TBH. No CB, no P, and the C/G combo seems like at least one is a wasted pick.
I understand the C/G. But I think they need a developmental center and a depth guard which that accomplishes. I think they can get the Aussie from Rutgers as a UDFA. They take care of the main need with a legit left tackle. They get a real mike backer. They get the best flanker they have had since Moss for a 3rd. And what will likely be a top-10 pick in one of the best drafts in recent memory for top-end talent. I understand that the selections aren't great but, at least in my view, this year's draft is really weak. Compare that to '24 which is likely the best in terms of top-end talent of the past decade. Houston is a bad team. Pick should be top-10. Combine that with Jeudy and a starting tackle I think that outweighs nearly anything you could do this year.

This was one of my favorite mocks so far

Traded down twice to get an extra 2nd and 3rd

Joey Porter Jr.
CB Penn State
trade icon

• None of my OT's were there at 25 but Porter was so I grabbed him.
  • NE
    Calijah Kancey
    DT Pittsburgh
Kancey will NOT be here come the draft, but he was for this Mock so I couldn't pass him up.
  • NE

Julius Brents
    CB Kansas State
    trade icon

• I got the hots for J Brents and my 2 plan B OT's were gone. So I got my favorite CB in this draft, who could also play S

• NE

Warren McClendon
    OT Georgia

• If we can't get a 1A OT, I'm fine with McClendon
  • NE

Trey Palmer
    WR Nebraska
    trade icon
Palmer was the best 3rd round WR out there

• NE

Zack Kuntz
    TE Old Dominion

• A plus athlete in a giants body who can play behind a strong top 2 while he develop. I took upside over safer TE picks
  • NE

Ricky Stromberg
    OC Arkansas
    trade icon
I wanted a future C or with G potential and Stromberg was the highest rated

• NE

DeMarvion Overshown
    LB Texas

• I love this guy's potential 6'4 with speed. A little light in the pants, but room to grow
  • NE

Andrei Iosivas
    WR Princeton

• Good size speed guy nice boom or bust choice late

• NE

Tyson Bagent
    QB Shepherd
D2 hiesman winner. Saw a nice piece on him. His Dad (a world champ armwrestler) thinks he should be the first pick in the draft, but will be thrilled if he's the last. I say why not
  • NE

Hunter Luepke
    RB North Dakota State

• BOB is gonna need a FB - Here he is

• NE

Keaton Mitchell
    RB East Carolina

• YOu need to draft a RB every year. Here he is.

• NE

Michael Turk
    P Oklahoma
This is my last pick on EVERY mock I do,

Good passing offenses are best stalled by good interior rushes and good CB's. I got one of the best interior rush prospects and 2 postential starting CB's for the next half decade. After that I went for speed and positions. Upside over safe and hope we hit on one out of 3.

Don't want a DT with a previous ACL tear, especially at #14. Still remember Easley.
Easley was not real DT for the Patriots Defense at the time. A lot here questioned the pick and rightfully so.

Did a pre-game mock on PFN earlier today after they updated things from Friday... No help at all for next year, which is what happens when you don't trade down from either 14 or 46 and make just a small one from 76 to 78:

• 14. Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois

• 46. Darnell Washington TE Georgia

• 78. Jaelyn Duncan LT Maryland

• 107. Jonathan Mingo WR Mississippi

• 117. Isaiah McGuire DE Missouri

• 140. Cory Trice Jr. DB Purdue

• 149. DeMarvion Overshown LB Texas

• 170. Juice Scruggs C/G Penn State

• 190. Ronnie Bell WR Michigan

• 201. YaYa Diaby DE Louisville

• 210. Chamarri Conner DB Virginia Tech

• 222. Evan Hull 3DB Northwestern

• 229. Earl Bostick Jr. LT Kansas

• 232. Jerrod Clark NT Coastal Carolina

• 2024 ATL 7th (2024 LV 6th traded)

Still managed to finish with 14 picks: 3 OLmen, 2 WRs, 1 RB, 1TE, 3 DBs, 3 ED/LBs, and one Beef Curtain from Dorchestah MA... Zero Special olympics Teamers as well.
Mingo in the Fourth after his workouts no way he has Second Round ability and might slip to the Third no further. Mingo is a poor man's A. J. Brown nuff said.

Joey Porter Jr.
CB Penn State
trade icon

• NE
    Calijah Kancey
    DT Pittsburgh
Kancey will NOT be here come the draft, but he was for this Mock so I couldn't pass him up.
  • NE

Julius Brents
    CB Kansas State
    trade icon

• I got the hots for J Brents and my 2 plan B OT's were gone. So I got my favorite CB in this draft, who could also play S

• NE

Warren McClendon
    OT Georgia

• NE

Trey Palmer
    WR Nebraska
    trade icon

• NE

Zack Kuntz
    TE Old Dominion

• A plus athlete in a giants body who can play behind a strong top 2 while he develop. I took upside over safer TE picks
  • NE

Ricky Stromberg
    OC Arkansas
    trade icon

• NE

DeMarvion Overshown
    LB Texas

• I love this guy's potential 6'4 with speed. A little light in the pants, but room to grow
  • NE

Andrei Iosivas
    WR Princeton

• NE

Tyson Bagent
    QB Shepherd
D2 hiesman winner. Saw a nice piece on him. His Dad (a world champ armwrestler) thinks he should be the first pick in the draft, but will be thrilled if he's the last. I say why not
  • NE

Hunter Luepke
    RB North Dakota State

• NE

Keaton Mitchell
    RB East Carolina

• NE

Michael Turk
    P Oklahoma

Good passing offenses are best stalled by good interior rushes and good CB's. I got one of the best interior rush prospects and 2 postential starting CB's for the next half decade. After that I went for speed and positions. Upside over safe and hope we hit on one out of 3.
ken I like your Mock Drafts and analysis BaconG better watch out.

Joey Porter Jr.
CB Penn State
trade icon

• NE
    Calijah Kancey
    DT Pittsburgh
  • NE

Julius Brents
    CB Kansas State
    trade icon

• NE

Warren McClendon
    OT Georgia

• NE

Trey Palmer
    WR Nebraska
    trade icon

• NE

Zack Kuntz
    TE Old Dominion

• NE

Ricky Stromberg
    OC Arkansas
    trade icon

• NE

DeMarvion Overshown
    LB Texas

• NE

Andrei Iosivas
    WR Princeton

• NE

Tyson Bagent
    QB Shepherd
  • NE

Hunter Luepke
    RB North Dakota State

• NE

Keaton Mitchell
    RB East Carolina

• NE

Michael Turk
    P Oklahoma

With the advent of Rodgers to the AFC East mix this draft makes sense.. not sure our O no matter who they draft can play catch up.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back