PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread 2023 Official Game Day Thread - Week 9: Patriots vs Commanders

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Brown out will Mac revert to having the heebee jeebees?

Gotta be a discipline situation. That's the only thing that makes sense, especially given his public comments on social media recently. He must be saying things in the locker room and it's getting back to the coaches because it doesn't make any sense otherwise.
The conspiracist in me thinks he practiced too well. We can't risk winning by accident and ruin our draft posistion.

Why the F is Boutte inactive?

JuJu, Pops, Thornton, and Reagor are the only active WRs??? Gesicki to be split out wide all day today??

Come on. You're better than this. You know damn well that most teams only dress 4 WRs on game day. Besides Gesicki, they also have Ty Montgomery who can line up at WR..

I thought that, but the comments from the coaching staff certainly pointed to him looking good enough in practice where, in theory, he should have been active. Hard not to wonder if there's not a little more to this given that both Parker and Bourne are gone.

At the same time, they also have to limit the number of elevations, which is the other thing I was thinking. But they're basically trotting out Douglas, Smith-Schuster, Reagor and Thornton. The only other thing I'm wondering is if maybe they're planning to work Gesicki going more this week or get Brown more involved. Curious to see how this unfolds.

One good week at practice is something to build on in practice going forward. One good week in practice does mean the player will be playing. Remember Douglas earlier in the year and everyone was complaining? Boutte should be encouraged by BB comments, which don't come freely, and practice well for another week or two.

Yes, curious to see how it unfolds too. Having said that, if Mac goes back to being a nervous nellie, the unfolding of the TEs and WRs makes no difference. It is all on Mac at this point.

Gotta be a discipline situation. That's the only thing that makes sense, especially given his public comments on social media recently. He must be saying things in the locker room and it's getting back to the coaches because it doesn't make any sense otherwise.

The team has typically only dress 4 WRs.. Besides Reagor, Thornton, Smith-Schuster, and Douglas, you also have Montgomery who can line up wide.

One good week at practice is something to build on in practice going forward. One good week in practice does mean the player will be playing. Remember Douglas earlier in the year and everyone was complaining? Boutte should be encouraged by BB comments, which don't come freely, and practice well for another week or two.

Yes, curious to see how it unfolds too. Having said that, if Mac goes back to being a nervous nellie, the unfolding of the TEs and WRs makes no difference. It is all on Mac at this point.
I agree that a good week in practice does not equal a player being active, but the fact that they barely have any healthy players at the position makes it puzzling.

Tyquan Thornton this season:

3 targets, 2 catches, 8 yards (4.0 avg)

That won't be acceptable today. At all. The second-year wideout absolutely needs to be on his game today.

If I see one of those prance around routes, I’ll scream. :whistle:

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
That's it. I'm done with BB. His stubbornness and ego have cost this team so much over the last 3 years.
We're down to our last 3 healthy WR's (barely count JSS) and he doesn't activate Boutte!?!
It's stupid old Parcellian (kindegarten) mind games. You just lost the locker room for sure.
Boutte has done everything to earn a chance, after BB's all-out attempts to destroy another WR draft pick.
Even if they win this game, I'm all in for Kraft to fire BB this week. Use Germany and the bye to recalibrate.
Let BOB run the team the 2nd half and plan for a total reboot. I'm sick of the grumpy old man who really doesn't seem to care.
He doesn't provide any advantage anymore, any coach can get you to 10-15 the last 1.5 seasons.
It's factually been his team management that has cost you more games than the players losing them.
Careful: you'll get the "already been discussed" crap from the self-appointed FOB's.

I look forward to seeing some of the younger WR's. We've gotta get a look at them. We've seen enough of Bill's pathetic oldster's.

PS: Just saw Boutte is out. If he's not injured, we can add that to the impressive list of screw-ups this season, as far as I'm concerned.

Why the F is Boutte inactive?

JuJu, Pops, Thornton, and Reagor are the only active WRs??? Gesicki to be split out wide all day today??
Big, physical targets fit Mac's game. They'll need to keep a body in to block as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes