PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread 2023 OFFICIAL Week 13 Game Thread: NE (2-9) vs LAC (4-7)

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not experienced this type of game since 2000....

In 2020, Cam Newton had us at 6-6 before we got blown out @ the Rams on December 10th.

In 2022, we still controlled our fate in week 18 before giving up the 2nd KOR for a TD.

So, other than 4 meaningless games at the end of a COVID-no-fans season...this is the first time in 24 seasons I have seen the Pats play meaningless games....

Jeez, we are spoiled.....years of beating other going-nowhere teams in December.....

I've seen both warm up before games, Zappe 100% has a stronger arm, it's not debatable
I remember watching Mac quite a bit at Alabama and I swear his arm was stronger than… Don’t know what changed? Maybe he has some shoulder issue… Or he’s just afraid to throw it

Herbert was way off-target there.

He sucks!!! Not an NFL QB. They should cut him and tank.
Agreed. Where are we on the waiver wire?

We all know there is a good chance we are gonna lose. We know this. But I'm not ripping my hair from Mac doing dumb embarrassing things. So sadly this is a massive improvement for my mental health so far. Now catch some damn passes.
Totally agree…it really was that bad with Mac.

I actually think he might have more arm talent... He actually can zip the ball. I don't know why but it seems like all Mac can throw anymore are high arcing rainbows.
I don't know...go back and watch last week's game. Ball came out flat and with not a lot on it a few times, and I came out of that one understanding why they hadn't started him. I think his throwing coach messed him up, at least from how he looked last year. Fortunately, he's been better today, which is good to see.

The biggest difference is that the ball is coming out faster, which is the reason for the success he's had so far today. Even with the drops, he hasn't been terrible. He's done a good job.

I remember watching Mac quite a bit at Alabama and I swear his arm was stronger than… Don’t know what changed? Maybe he has some shoulder issue… Or he’s just afraid to throw it
There was a lot of criticism about his very talented WRs covering up for him via YAC.

Gotta hope for development of the young players while losing out.

Not a great position to be in but it is what it is.

Gotta hope some youngsters emerge going into next year.

wont even trust zappe to throw on 3rd and 2...

**** this conservative ********

This is one reason why I won’t miss Zappe when he’s gone. We get people spitting out nonsensical comparisons to Brady. Lmao. Ridiculous
you are not objective when talking zappe

he argued 31 teams passed on zappe as an argument against him
well this happens all the time

This team is so bad. I don’t know if I can actually stomach this game

Guess the Chargers weren’t scared with TT twirling around that time…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back