PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 PostGame Thread: Week 13 - Patriots Lose to Chargers 6-0

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Not going to happen. ;)

I am encouraging the use of the "Mute" - specifically the "Forum Mute." That was a lot of work to put together, and I feel like if you put anyone on that, you'll find that all of a sudden whoever you have under that category essentially "disappears." I've heard from a few people who have implemented it and have been thankful for it, so I would certainly encourage people to try it out. :cool:
I don't know why people just dont use the mute or ignore - fans are upset what this team is putting on the field and rightly so and we should be free to express it whether its agreed or not,its certainly justifiable with 13 points scored in last 3 games - ignoring what we have seen the past 2 years even after 20 years of glory is to keep the frustration hidden and i am not like that - didnt expect this team to remain competitive year after year after Brady left but this is simply JV offense at this point thus the anger of how it got this far this fast should be expected and understood,I thought we might be 1990-like but this offense makes the 1990 team look like a powerhouse,positivity is hard to get these days.

so tickets were so low it warranted a boston.com article. Just wait till the NYJ game on 1/7, team could be 2-14 going into that one. Krafty Bob will have to come up w some cool promo or giveaway to get fannies in the seats to buy his $16 beers and $14 cheeseburgers.
Ticket prices hit new low for Patriots’ home game against Chargers
View attachment 54989
if people want positivity perhaps the likely reduction in food and beverage and tickets at Gillette is positive...there ya go

I don't think it's a matter of desire. Of course the Krafts want a winning and efficient team. The issue is supply. Was Kraft a visionary when scooping BB? Until recently the opinion was YES. Can he repeat that vision and good fortune? I'm not confident. There isn't much out there in my opinion. I know the game is evolving and it may take gambling on a radical offensive mind to turn things around, but where does that leave the defense? Not to mention, the NFL is tired of success in New England and that is no small matter.
We also have to consider where Kraft is at as a person. When Kraft hired Bill it was still decently early in his run at ownership and he was a sort of a student who was studying the NFL and trying to emulate how good franchises operated at the time. He already had experience with Bill in the organization and always sort of wanted him to be the guy. He was willing to try things out like Carroll and later was willing to give Bill the control he wanted.

Kraft in 2023/2024 is an 82 year old man who already achieved his dream and spent most of the last quarter of a century knowing one way of life for his franchise. He's not the same 50 something who finally made his vision of owning a team happen and was trying to find the model for success. He had a model that he's been comfortable with and might not be willing to deviate from how he and the team operated for all these years hoping he hits lightning in a bottle again. It's a huge difference for him to get a seperate GM and coach, have a different model of how the team functions, focus on rushing for explosive offensive players that come at a preemium, handling the salary cap the way modern teams do by manipulating it and pushing out money instead of the "lose them a year early and try to find value". That's a huge shift for someone who is in his 80's and thinks he's been sitting on the golden way.

Didn’t watch the whole game today. It was painful to see receivers dropping passes and the o-line still being super garbage.

Glad I didn’t waste my whole Sunday morning watching this wreck.

On a positive note was happy that the eagles and chiefs lose :)

Not reading 23 pgs so sorry if already posted, but is this our Ian? Damn bro.

The defense has allowed 10 points or fewer in three straight games. They've lost all three games. Has not been done since the 38 Cardinals.

How long until the defense just gives up or goes crazy on the offensive staff?

Not reading 23 pgs so sorry if already posted, but is this our Ian? Damn bro.

Just embarrassing.

Look forward to seeing the defense come on the field more than whatever that other unit is called. There's a higher chance of seeing a score for the Patriots. Along with getting to watch players making plays everywhere.

Even against very good teams, the defense has done enough imo.

This just sounds like typical Breer guessing to me.

In all likelihood Kraft will want a pick for Bill, Bill won’t want his new team to lose their first rounder. They’ll settle on a 2nd and call it a day.
Do we really think teams are going to give up 1st or 2nd round picks for BB at this point? I have my doubts.

2020/21 version of BB sure, but I’m not convinced teams want this version in his 70s who looks to have lost his fastball.

I suppose their might be 2-3 teams willing (Chi, NYG, Wash), but I wouldn’t count on that either.

Could not agree more - Belichick's way to fame was hitting the lottery with #12 - its simply the truth
Simple truth score board says 6 to 2 I know it's hard for some of you to get but as hard as you try you can't take them away from Belichick. And for the life of me I don't understand why so many of you want to.

Simple truth score board says 6 to 2 I know it's hard for some of you to get but as hard as you try you can't take them away from Belichick. And for the life of me I don't understand why so many of you want to.
Most of us look at what Belichick's record is sans Brady

People still think BB is the greatest thing since sliced bread but his record without the G.O.A.T. is simply mediocre at best and borderline pathetic against teams with .500 or better records - stats don't lie,his losses vs wins is not even close

Brady MADE Belichick and those who disagree are simply blind IMO - Belichick has made some decent moves in his 20 years in regards to the draft mostly on defense but its not like he did it in a short time like John Lynch for example,he had over a decade to hit a few good moves and could not draft a stud WR in the early rounds if it was needed to save his life and apparently when he decided to pay in FA for WRs, its garbage 4th depth talent

Belchick is clearly overated when it comes down to reality,i've said that for years,he'll get to the HOF quickly but he owes most of it to #12 and Parcells/Taylor who got him the other 2 where he is suited best to be a DC in this league ..not an HC - its my opinion and no one will ever change that,Belichick will never win another ring here or anywhere cause he simply can't build a team who has no foundation to carry him - he is a horrible General Manager,a Mediocre Head coach but is a superior defensive coach where he should serve next if he doesn't retire,Belchick's strength will always be defense minded. - at this point Belichick is a modern Rod Rust

Last edited:
Didn’t watch the whole game today. It was painful to see receivers dropping passes and the o-line still being super garbage.

Glad I didn’t waste my whole Sunday morning watching this wreck.

On a positive note was happy that the eagles and chiefs lose :)
and the Steelers - another team with scum fans who only deserve to cry in thier stupid towels although Pitt is basically on a bye week with a free W this thursday

Most of us look at what Belichick's record is sans Brady

People still think BB is the greatest thing since sliced bread but his record without the G.O.A.T. is simply mediocre at best and borderline pathetic against teams with .500 or better records - stats don't lie,his losses vs wins is not even close

Brady MADE Belichick and those who disagree are simply blind IMO - Belichick has made some decent moves in his 20 years in regards to the draft mostly on defense but its not like he did it in a short time like John Lynch for example,he had over a decade to hit a few good moves and could not draft a stud WR in the early rounds if it was needed to save his life and apparently when he decided to pay in FA for WRs, its garbage 4th depth talent

Belchick is clearly overated when it comes down to reality,i've said that for years,he'll get to the HOF quickly but he owes most of it to #12 and Parcells/Taylor who got him the other 2 where he is suited best to be a DC in this league ..not an HC - its my opinion and no one will ever change that,Belichick will never win another ring here or anywhere cause he simply can't build a team who has no foundation to carry him - he is a horrible General Manager,a Mediocre Head coach but is a superior defensive coach where he should serve next if he doesn't retire,Belchick's strength will always be defense minded.
I have noticed that a lot of you like to spew the sans Brady point. But how many of you then also provide a level playing by comparing everyone else sans their best player? How many rings does Parcels have without LT his best player? Or Reid without Mahomes? Some have better resumes than Bill in this hypothetical world but in the real world Bill took what he had and doubled or tripled what most of them got. Even if you want to completely minimize 24 years into just getting lucky to get Brady he still turned it into 6 titles. Parcels could be a god at drafting end of the day 2 titles.

All of this show that Jakobi Meyers was the driving force of this offense

Why do the terrible posters have so much more presence during the tough times? Such incredible negativity… not only about now, but also the past. Somehow trying to erase the good things that BB and the team accomplished.

****ing losers that enjoy ranting about losing.

I’m not afraid to @ but I’m tired and don’t have the energy to list them all. But @PATRIOTSFANINPA is one. @TheRainMaker another. @sb1 another. That @FCB02062 is a ****ing idiot. Total bandwagoning losers.

Trying to get banned but I mean it. I love @Ian and some posters and the energy of this place sucks. I wonder how some of you operate in the real world.
Nah you're a loser for assuming their losers.
Let people criticize this is a historically bad team.
Now ban me too cuz @Ian

By my count, we need 16 re-signs or acquisitions on Offense. That is indeed a complete rebuild. Some would say even more.

We need 3 QB's, 4 OT's. 4 WR's, 3 TE's and 2 RB's.
While we're at the drive-thru, let's add 1 HC, 1 GM, 1 OC, and a field goal kicker (just in case.)

With a set of needs like the Patriots have, it is not unreasonable to look not at what Belichick has done, but at what can the Patriots get for him?

I have noticed that a lot of you like to spew the sans Brady point. But how many of you then also provide a level playing by comparing everyone else sans their best player? How many rings does Parcels have without LT his best player? Or Reid without Mahomes? Some have better resumes than Bill in this hypothetical world but in the real world Bill took what he had and doubled or tripled what most of them got. Even if you want to completely minimize 24 years into just getting lucky to get Brady he still turned it into 6 titles. Parcels could be a god at drafting end of the day 2 titles.

No rings. But.....

1 SB trip and at lest three other playoff appearances that I can think of. One of those trips included Testeverde as his QB and nearly making SB. Took a meh Cowboys team to the postseason in 2003

1 SB trip and four other NFC championship appearances with McNabb.

Four playoff trips with Alex Smith. Including one playoff win

A playoff appearance with post prison Vick

It’s simple. Bill doesn’t want to be “fired”, it looks bad on his record. He would rather appear to leave on his own terms, so to speak.

I think his record without Brady looks worse than being fired after 3 losing seasons in four with the last season being under 0.250. That record is 81-98. Bill's coming up on 190 games without Tom starting. That's not a small sample size.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back