PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 PostGame Thread: Week 13 - Patriots Lose to Chargers 6-0

Immediate Postgame Reactions
One does not need to suspend disbelief to believe that Corky Mac has run crying to Uncle Bob Kraft. I am seeing more and more rumors and comments surfacing that Kraft wanted Corky. It just does not make any sense for BB to be totally on board picking Corky when BB has been a defensive coordinator for decades. Corkys noodle arm and toddler like demeanor are visibly clear as day.

After Brady left and won Krafts 7th Super Bowl, Kraft changed by being openly critical of BBs drafting and win/loss record. That never happened before where Kraft went directly to the media and called out BB. Things are obviously not the same in Foxboro. BB owed Kraft for being wrong on Brady and wrong on Patricia who has finally been vindicated.

I firmly believe the rumors that BB wanted to ship Corky Mac out of town last off season. Now Kraft is paying the price as the NFL owner with the season of ***.

You can believe whatever you want. It doesn't make it true.

And if Belichick wanted to move on from Jones, this is the ultimate proof he should be fired. If he didn't believe Jones was any good, he proved he is the worst GM in the NFL for not only making sure he had a talent cast around him to minimize his deficiencies, but also didn't have a back up he can actually start for a large portion of the season to replace Jones.

I said before the season that Jones' and Belichick's fortunes were tied together. And if you are right, Belichick wanted to be fired. And if he wanted to be fired, why wouldn't he just go out his way and bench Mac at the first signs of trouble?

Was a little drunk last night but no regrets!
were the millers no ragrets GIF

and who was behind why the defense was the reason for the Super bowl win in 36?..It was Bill Parcells who actually knew how to draft both offense and defense and many of his defensive players were a part of that team,Bill got the keys to the Rolls Royce on defense thanks to Parcells incredible build on a defense that was laughable before he became HC
I don't know it's my recallation that Parcells left because he couldn't "buy the groceries" wasn't Grier the one in charge of draft?

Tuna was a builder. That's what he does. Usually worked out well (Pats, Giants, Jets), but not always (Miami)

Tuna in his prime would take a look at this roster and do what was necessary to rebuild it. Compared to BB, BP was the much better builder and BB was the better head coach.

You can believe whatever you want. It doesn't make it true.

And if Belichick wanted to move on from Jones, this is the ultimate proof he should be fired. If he didn't believe Jones was any good, he proved he is the worst GM in the NFL for not only making sure he had a talent cast around him to minimize his deficiencies, but also didn't have a back up he can actually start for a large portion of the season to replace Jones.

I said before the season that Jones' and Belichick's fortunes were tied together. And if you are right, Belichick wanted to be fired. And if he wanted to be fired, why wouldn't he just go out his way and bench Mac at the first signs of trouble?
BBs fortune is not tied to Corky Jones.

Kraft stated that he wanted BOB paired with Corky Mac and that would be the winning formula.

Kraft will allow BB to fix this mess by drafting a real NFL QB. Corky will be gone to his new NFL team and his last NFL team.

BBs fortune is not tied to Corky Jones.

Kraft stated that he wanted BOB paired with Corky Mac and that would be the winning formula.

Kraft will allow BB to fix this mess by drafting a real NFL QB. Corky will be gone to his new NFL team and his last NFL team.

Well, Bill Belichick is going to be fired and Mac Jones is likely to be traded. Seems like their fortunes are tied together.

And who said that Kraft wanted O'Brien paired with Mac? That was never said publicly. We know he was pissed off about the Patricia experiment and wanted Belichick to bring in a real OC, but O'Brien might have been Belichick's decision because he likes to work with coaches he has a familiarity with and can feel comfortable with. O'Brien fits role.

Kraft will let another GM and coach deal with this mess. Belichick is gone. The only reason he isn't gone right now is because he brought this team six trophies.

You are living in a fantasy world if you think Belichick is back next year.

Kraft looked at an empty 300 level yesterday and probably decided that Mayo is no longer the heir apparent next year anymore either and he needs to make a splash for who is going to be the head coach and GM next year.

I don't know it's my recallation that Parcells left because he couldn't "buy the groceries" wasn't Grier the one in charge of draft?
Parcells had a big say in who was selected from what I've read but Parcells did want it all and for good reason cause the man was good at his job

Parcells had a big say in who was selected from what I've read but Parcells did want it all and for good reason cause the man was good at his job
Remember Terry Glen? Parcels wanted no part of him but they drafted him, maybe Parcells gave his opinion but they did what they wanted regardless.

Well, Bill Belichick is going to be fired and Mac Jones is likely to be traded. Seems like their fortunes are tied together.

And who said that Kraft wanted O'Brien paired with Mac? That was never said publicly. We know he was pissed off about the Patricia experiment and wanted Belichick to bring in a real OC, but O'Brien might have been Belichick's decision because he likes to work with coaches he has a familiarity with and can feel comfortable with. O'Brien fits role.

Kraft will let another GM and coach deal with this mess. Belichick is gone. The only reason he isn't gone right now is because he brought this team six trophies.

You are living in a fantasy world if you think Belichick is back next year.

Kraft looked at an empty 300 level yesterday and probably decided that Mayo is no longer the heir apparent next year anymore either and he needs to make a splash for who is going to be the head coach and GM next year.
Really hope the Krafts are doing their due diligence behind the scenes. I think we also NEED an OC who can run a present Day Offense not an ancient one OCBOB is just as bad as his master. :rolleyes:

BB wants to be fired so he gets paid all his money. Kraft breached the contract.

Furthermore, Kraft firing BB is akin to Jerry Jones firing Tom Landry. At the time Jerry got ripped for that move and only recovered when he lucked on to Jimmy Johnson in the non salary cap NFL era. BK would never sell another box of Mac n Cheese in NE if he goes there.

I do not believe that BB is going anywhere and that the Pats would prefer to keep on losing so they select first this coming draft.
You do know that Kraft isn't if the Kraft Mac and Cheese family right?

It’s simple. Bill doesn’t want to be “fired”, it looks bad on his record. He would rather appear to leave on his own terms, so to speak.

The trade makes it looks like both sides are good with the split. The alternatives is he resigns, but then can’t sign elsewhere and has no leverage, and Kraft can trade him for whatever he wants.
I don't know about that Ross... Bill might be very happy to get fired so he can ride off into the sunset with a nice chunk of change in his pocket. Are you forgetting his words from his "A Football Life" show? "I won't be like Marv Levy and coaching in my 70s. You won't have to worry about that."

Getting fired at his age is like a nice retirement package. It would be a "golden parachute" as they say.

Really hope the Krafts are doing their due diligence behind the scenes. I think we also NEED an OC who can run a present Day Offense not an ancient one OCBOB is just as bad as his master. :rolleyes:
We also need players than can run a present day offense.

Stop blaming Herbert. It’s his WRs, defense & upper management.

Well you can't put it on Bill. If you do you're weird and a bizarre hater. It can't possibly be him.
Not all of it, anyway. This is a shared organizational failure, from BB to BOB to the players, they should all own it, imo.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back