PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread 2023 WEEK 4 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: NE @ DAL

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quarterback who can feel an edge rush and step up in the pocket ... what a concept!

In 3 dropbacks, Zappe has already demonstrated noticeably better pocket presence, poise, and vision than Mac has at any point in his career. It's immediately obvious. I just sense/feel this calm come over me while watching Zappe, and it's because he is obviously less anxious/jittery than Jones; you can viscerally sense Jones' anxiety on the field, and likewise, you can viscerally sense Zappe's poise/steadiness.

I'm not convinced Zappe is the longterm solution, but he's certainly a much better quarterback in many respects than Jones is, and he deserves the opportunity to play for the remainder of this season to see what he's got.

Yeah, mac smiling on the sidelines could get him in some serious ish with bb. Having a stinker on the field is somewhat forgivable but when it doesn’t even piss you off….

No they wouldn’t be. Did you watch Tua today under pressure? He was awful. He is only good when he has thing perfect.
You WAY OVERRATE Mac Jones.

Tua and Hurts would make this an 11 win team. Tua stands in there, he is accurate, gets the ball out quickly, can read the defense. You don't see Tua being afraid back there.

I predicted Pats 37-7. Cowboys are spelled P-A-T-R-I-O-T-S right?

I may have missed it but should the Pats just roll with Zappe for rest of season or no?
Depends how well he plays

If he plays as good as he did last year, absolutely

I’m tired of sitting a hot (ish) zappe for the usual Mac

Nobody should be surprised by this. The truth is, we didn't improve at all from last year. Bill didn't want to pay someone like DeAndre Hopkins or trade for Jerry jeudy and while I liked the gonzo pick. We didn't draft any skill position players. Bill thinks he can coach the best out of inferior talent and because of him being stubborn. We can't compete with the best of the NFL. This is a pattern going back to 2020

No INT for Zappe
Kevin Dillon Win GIF

Not even mad at the loss. I'm mad they didn't even compete. They couldn't even keep the game within reach by halftime. This team is a joke and something has to change.

Getting some cornerbacks back might be a good start.

I can't believe you're serious.

You severely overrate Mac.

Tua and Jalen Hurts would be MASSIVE upgrades who would make this an 11 win team.

I can't understand how this guy has hitch his wagon on a QB who hasn't won or shown jack in the NFL over a HC who is considered by peers and football minds as the best ever.

People were questioning whether Tua belonged in this league before he got Waddle and Hill. I don't think he'd fare that well with this offense.
Tua would SUCK just as bad with this offense and line….people would be calling for Tua’s head just like they were down in Miami….bringing in Bridgewater….trying to get Brady…Tua was awful…. then he got the ultimate cheat code player in Hill handed to him and also got an elite wide receiver, dropped in his lap in waddle… Tighten up the line just a little bit, and… Look at Tua….all of a sudden he is elite… with that having been said… Even Tua has a stronger arm than Mac

I felt like i was one of the more pessimistic people having this team at 8-9 in the pre season but games i had them winning quite comfortably like the Saints, Colts, Commanders even look like a struggle right now.

If they lose to the Saints next week this team genuinely might not win 6 games.

Zappe has looked better in the pocket 100% of the time. Not even close.
But Mac is the better QB and its not even close, the patsfans message board has been telling us for months.

You WAY OVERRATE Mac Jones.

Tua and Hurts would make this an 11 win team. Tua stands in there, he is accurate, gets the ball out quickly, can read the defense. You don't see Tua being afraid back there.
He doesn't have our offensive line.

I am telling all of you negative Nancies the truth. If Mac only had weapons, a good OL, better coaching, more favorable ref calls, better RB's, and games played only during a lunar eclipse, he could be THE guy.
Don't forget "clear skies"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back