PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread 2023 WEEK 4 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: NE @ DAL

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caleb Williams and all but Drake Maye doesn’t get enough recognition. We won’t be picking first so trade up for Drake or pick Brady later in draft, Brady Cook that is. Yes I think he can play….better than Mac anyways (not a big accomplishment at this point)

I have said from day one that this team needs to show that they are improving on last year and working towards becoming a contender again. I don’t see it. Unless they turn it around, Belichick needs to go. I have no desire to be a mid tier team for the next 3-4 years while Belichick chases Shula’s record.
After last years complete debacle i figured that this would be the year to decide about BBs future. If they did well and improved won 10 12 games then then continue on improving. But its getting obvious that nothing has really changed over the last couple of years of medicre football. But i still think its BB the GM thats killing BB the coach.

Can’t say Parker wasn’t open there.
Greg Olsen is basically saying Mac sucks - not the 1st time Parker's been wide open and Mac didn't see him. (And I say this as someone who really hated the Parker extension.)

No more screwing around, bench this scrub NOW

Mac looks like he's given up.
This is not really my worry, I think the rest of the team have given up and though they sing his praises, I don't think they believe in him.

They've been drafting fine as of late.

The issue is that their QB is poor, their OL isn't much better, and I feel like the team doesn't look as if they're all pulling in the same direction with a collective/shared identity (which may speak to cultural issues).

They've acquired some real talent in recent drafts; that's not the issue.

Sure, starting with the great qb we drafted…

Today is finally the day where Patriots nation can all say Kumbaya and come together and admit Mac Jones is not the guy and we need to draft a quarterback, surely the split between the Anti Mac and Pro Mac is over.

He looks like he doesn't care. Not even trying. Not sure what is going on.
He's worried about turning it over. Saw that at points last year. Not ideal.

I said no matter what you think about Mac Jones, Belichick is to blame for the failures of this team. He should have been fired after last year.
Yeah, let's fire BB to cover for Mac Jones. JFC

And just like that he gives us a patented, Mac Jones, "off the back foot, inaccurate, fluttering moonball special". Very on-brand ... for the both of you.

Does Jonesy lick the scrotum when he's giving you dome, Rob? Must be good stuff if you're so committed to him.

Is George Blanda still alive?

Yeah to me it’s really glaring and obvious that Brady hid a lot of BBs warts and poor drafting/decisions. BB is a very good coach no question….but Brady made him the goat….and now he is reverting back to Cleveland Bill ….and ready to be fired if we are thinking logically
You can say that about 2007 through 2017.

But you can't say that about 2001-2006 or 2018.

Those teams relied on their defense, and as great as Brady was in 2018, the defense lead the team to a SB victory that year.

I said no matter what you think about Mac Jones, Belichick is to blame for the failures of this team. He should have been fired after last year.
Everyone sees how much Jones sucks.

Belichick will never win with Jones because he has no business playing in the NFL.

This team only needs competent solid QB play to have a chance.

Zappe time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand