PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Week 4: Patriots Lose to the Cowboys 38-3 - PostGame Thread

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Once again, Reiss prefers being nicey-nice than being honest.
I like he only analyzes the game and current situation in the seasom instead of who needs to be fired or benched or cut which the rest of boston media is content doing just that with whatever hot take you can come up with . What is dishonest in Reiss's take btw?

I like he only analyzes the game and current situation in the seasom instead of who needs to be fired or benched or cut which the rest of boston media is content doing just that with whatever hot take you can come up with . What is dishonest in Reiss's take btw?

"...I view it as a disastrous stretch of football for a good quarterback. How Jones responds to it will determine if that analysis is on point,
or perhaps too generous."

He qualifies the first sentence with the second one; but still, how can he call Corky a good QB at this point? Plus he fails to mention why Corky failed on 4th/1 or failed to reach the line to gain just before the 4th/2 INT in the 3rd quarter...

There's an elephant in the locker room, but Reiss and others refuse to even see it much less call it an elephant.

"...I view it as a disastrous stretch of football for a good quarterback. How Jones responds to it will determine if that analysis is on point,
or perhaps too generous."

He qualifies the first sentence with the second one; but still, how can he call Corky a good QB at this point? Plus he fails to mention why Corky failed on 4th/1 or failed to reach the line to gain just before the 4th/2 INT in the 3rd quarter...

There's an elephant in the locker room, but Reiss and others refuse to even see it much less call it an elephant.
I think we can differ on what mac jones is. What we know is he isnt like how zach wilson was for 3 yrs. Which is how mac played vs dallas. He was solely responsible for the loss. but is he a bad QB like he played lobbing up INTs like wilson ? i dont think so and thats why its mind boggling what happened to him. The 4th and 1 was doomed to fail. it was more than a yard with a 2 big backs in your disposal . Simlar to the EZ throw to mike gisecki on a 3rd and 1. Why have rhamondre and elliot if you want your QB to pick up a rushing yard. There were multitude of mistakes which get missed due mac's meltdown. The 4th and 1 was because our WR ran a yard short which was a repeated theme all game. We committed a false start on 2nd and 7 or soemthing and then it becomes a strip sack.No body shined themselves least of all mac. But he has played much better in the first 2-3 games with a avg supporting cast and most importantly the strength our team the running game non existent. We ran the ball much better with Matty P than Bill Obrien.
I just fear that now mac will revert to how he was after the ravens game where he wont make the throws and throw it away as he will be preached to not turn the ball over again and again and this will kill the passing game even more.

Maybe if Douglas haddn't run into Parker ????????

That crapfest disguised as a football game was only 60 minutes. That’s 100% a moral victory. I think I will start drinking to celebrate it.
Start drinking? I haven't stopped drinking since Brafy left. Whe, whe..where am I?

Hiccup!

I just cannot believe why he does not get more snaps. Yes he may make somer more mistakes but he is the only player on offence that looks like he can make explosive plays.....let him play
At this point either BB has lost it, or "suck for Luck" is in play.

BTW, Mac is done

Mac sucked, the O-line sucked, no running game, defense played hard til the end. A total disaster, worst game I've ever watched and I've been watching for 50 years.
Really? I thought last week was worse. But maybe I'm becoming desensitized. I've kinda giving up on anything good happening this season

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back