PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT 2024 3rd Round Pick - OT Caeden Wallace

I just want to hear them own it. They clearly drafted for need and not necessarily best player available.

This is very much a needs draft. Hope some of these guys hit and get us back to average on the O Line with depth allowing us to start drafting BPAs next year. Will likely have a top 10 pick next year that gives us lots of draft capital.

For anyone who watched Penn State, they had one of the top two or three elite OT pairings in the land. Equal to or better than Washington, ND, or Michigan. I think LSU’s was best.

For anyone who watched Penn State, they had one of the top two or three elite OT pairings in the land. Equal to or better than Washington, ND, or Michigan. I think LSU’s was best.
They had him for a top 30 visit. It seem to me that’s a guy they really targeted. For the 1st time in maybe 3 years we have offensive coaching. Those guys seem to think after working him that he can make the switch.

Wolf said that Wallace would have played LT if Fashanu wasn’t there.

In my opinion, people are underestimating the impact of having real OL coach will have on the line. The scheme that will run AVP will help the OL as well. They will move the pocket, roll the QB out. That will reduce greatly the stress on the OL

They had him for a top 30 visit. It seem to me that’s a guy they really targeted. For the 1st time in maybe 3 years we have offensive coaching. Those guys seem to think after working him that he can make the switch.

Wolf said that Wallace would have played LT if Fashanu wasn’t there.

In my opinion, people are underestimating the impact of having real OL coach will have on the line. The scheme that will run AVP will help the OL as well. They will move the pocket, roll the QB out. That will reduce greatly the stress on the OL
I hope you are right but the coaching argument was used after we signed bob and klemm as well, the player development was meh except Douglas and sow

I hope you are right but the coaching argument was used after we signed bob and klemm as well, the player development was meh except Douglas and sow
As far as I remember the Klemm signing was vastly questioned last year

It's not rocket science guys C Wallace just have to.be better than Lowe and Anderson which won't be hard.

The thing that disappoints about this pick is that he was the #68 pick in the draft. We've never picked this high in all rounds since 1992. Outside of Maye, the draft looks more like the kind of draft we'd have if we played in the conference championship.

The thing that disappoints about this pick is that he was the #68 pick in the draft. We've never picked this high in all rounds since 1992. Outside of Maye, the draft looks more like the kind of draft we'd have if we played in the conference championship.
They Drafted a guy who they think can come in and compete for Starting of Backup job. Let's wait and see how it plays out.

They Drafted a guy who they think can come in and compete for Starting of Backup job. Let's wait and see how it plays out.
I would be pleasantly surprised if Caeden Wallace ever becomes out starting LT, but I would be absolutely shocked. I went to PSU and have watched every PSU game for the last several years, and while he excels at road grading as an very good RT would, he is a big liability when it comes to edge rushers. He doesn't have the agility you need at LT to get to those edge rushers.

I can see him becoming our starting RT. Still too early to take him at 68, but he has that potential.

Onwenu is the RG. Strange, Sow, Robinson and Andrews will be now competing for the LG spot.

Exactly.
Outside of Maye they were drafting right around old #32.
That’s exactly how it works.

It’s nice to see these comments coming in from analysts post draft.

Even if Wallace can play LT.... how well do they think he can play it. Is he just serviceable there or is he a legit asset in that spot? If he's even serviceable at LT then it's a good find for the scouting team to identify that out of him, but do we really want a "serviceable" LT. If he can be serviceable at LT but very good at RT, then I'd rather just leave him at RT.

I'm good leaving Onwenu at RT for now because he's serviceable there, it's a harder position to fill, and we have better IOL depth/development potential than OT on the roster overall. But he's not great at that spot and in the interest of this team fixing their issue of not having any great players, it's probably best to eventually transition him back inside to RG where he can be one of those great players.

I'd develop Wallace as a swing tackle to start this year and through spot playing time and practice reps, let the coaches get a sense of if he has high end traits that make him worth moving over to LT. If he doesn't show HIGH potential at LT, then just leave him at RT and try to fill the LT spot again next year.

D ****ing Minus.

The ****ing OBVIOUS ****ing pick there should've been Yale LEFT ****ING TACKLE Kieran Amagadjie. PERIOD.
In 2-3 years, you might be right. Pats obviously wanted someone with experience who could play swing tackle right away. From the scouting reports (fwiw), Kieran is extremely raw and needs a couple years of coaching.

Even if Wallace can play LT.... how well do they think he can play it. Is he just serviceable there or is he a legit asset in that spot? If he's even serviceable at LT then it's a good find for the scouting team to identify that out of him, but do we really want a "serviceable" LT. If he can be serviceable at LT but very good at RT, then I'd rather just leave him at RT.

I'm good leaving Onwenu at RT for now because he's serviceable there, it's a harder position to fill, and we have better IOL depth/development potential than OT on the roster overall. But he's not great at that spot and in the interest of this team fixing their issue of not having any great players, it's probably best to eventually transition him back inside to RG where he can be one of those great players.

I'd develop Wallace as a swing tackle to start this year and through spot playing time and practice reps, let the coaches get a sense of if he has high end traits that make him worth moving over to LT. If he doesn't show HIGH potential at LT, then just leave him at RT and try to fill the LT spot again next year.
Honestly, I would just take serviceable LT right since it's been so bad the past couple of years. Keep the QB from getting killed at least for a year or two. Huge run on OTs made it slim pickings. Target high level OT with 1st pick next year.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back