PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day 3 LIVE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like what we did at WR. I have little idea about the actual players but double dipping was a good choice. Plenty of gems have been found at the position in later rounds.

Bourne and Pop are clearly two of the three receivers who will be starting (assuming KB bounces back from the ACL).

Then you have Polk-Baker-Osbourne-Thornton-JuJu. That’s five guys who really have to fight for those two other spots in which they’ll be consistently on the roster and see playing time. Heavy competition is always a good thing.

Nothing is guaranteed for Osbourne who came in as a decent FA, or Polk who was a top pick for us. They have to fight for their spot.
Osborne is the best WR the Pats have currently.

He was coming off knee surgery that happened after the postseason because he played in the Super Bowl. It usually takes a full year to get back to full strength.

The point is he's already paid, they entered this draft needing a QB, LT and outside X receiver... they wound up with a QB, no left tackle, two possession receivers and a guard who shouldn't make this roster if everyone else is healthy. Color me unimpressed...
Setting records. Cutting a player 5 minutes after we selected him. Color me impressed.

Wolf is having a howler :whistle: ..........sorry, could not resist the attempt at a joke........honestly it's too early to tell let's see what they do first.

OG was not the biggest need in the draft. You're deluding yourself in thinking that.
O line was definitely one of our biggest needs. I agree more specifically it was tackle but not going to complain because one of the 2 we took is a guard.

Thats why you have to calm down, we are too old to get this worked up. I used to have to drive home from school to Maine to watch their home games because they were all blacked out in Boston. Our line and wide receivers weren't league average last year, they were bottom third at best and our qb was dead last. They needed to fix all three positions and hopefully they have.
The 2023 line was bad because they were an injury nightmare...

Assuming everyone is healthy, four out of the five starters are returnees and their best players.

Even if Strange misses the start of the season due to surgery, I'm not sure Mafi or Jake Andrews aren't better than both of these guys they drafted. In which case they drafted two backups... maybe.

Our only hope is that having a better QB makes these mid receivers do something, anything.
Well that's the X-factor here, right? Running Thornton on Go routes with a QB that can actually make that throw might make defenses not stack the box like they've done since December of Mac's rookie year. The speed guy doesn't have to be a 1, but he actually needs to be fast, and actually prove he can catch the ball.

Edit: Sorry, it's WCO now. 9 Routes.

Javon Foster to Jags. He was the LT I was hoping for instead of Wallace. We will see how it plays out.

This ^ is a lie.

If you have to lie to appear smart you should probably go talk about something you actually understand... like basket weaving or something.
You cried about Mac Jones all season and refused to put the blame on anyone else. Don’t try and change history now.

Your insult attempts are so cringey

So we only want positive takes here. Even when we disagree with it?
So we only want negative takes here?
Even when we disagree with it?

Setting records. Cutting a player 5 minutes after we selected him. Color me impressed.
If every returning lineman is healthy at the start of the season, which player are these two new drafted linemen replacing?

Nobody, unless last year's rookies have a total meltdown or get injured.

You cried about Mac Jones all season and refused to put the blame on anyone else. Don’t try and change history now.

Your insult attempts are so cringey
I said after the first month of football that the injuries on the offensive line was the single biggest problem on the team last season. You have a gift for telling it like it isn't...

But at least you use terms like cringy, so you have a teenage girl's ability express yourself.

LOL, @Wozzy - and I'm just giving you a hard time - after each pick:

No Way Laughing GIF by ABC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back