PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All im saying is let this draft happen and let’s see what guys looks like once they put on the pads. A lot of instant reactions going on when we’re midway through r2.

We had 3 glaring needs by consensus. QB WR OT. Two have been picked. 10 picks away with a few OT prospects still on the board.
Only scary thing is Carolina and Washington looking for OTs.

Unfortunately I think the ship has sailed on this kid….every year we are saying “this has to be the year!”…time is running out!
I'm not betting the ranch on it, but it's possible Tyquan emerges this year.

Gonna need to move up here for OT

Yes, don’t settle for the good, go get players that force other team to game plan against. The Pats still have no special players on offense that teams have to account for.
Kinda hoping we took a special player on offense at pick 3.

He was the second best WR on his own college team.

If Polk turns into a "good" starter and Patrick Paul does as well... the Dolphins win.

Not only is there a bigger premium on left tackles, but he was taken 18 picks later.

The Pats needed a left tackle, Okorafor sucks...

The Maye pick was a no brainer, I'm concerned about what they do going forward.
Yes, yes, yes. Polk seems muck like Osborne and Bourne. If Paul becomes a starter, this was a big miss for a Pats team relying on a player who last played LT for a bit in college.

I don't think Polk's average to poor, I think that's unfair, he was way too productive and has too much good tape to say that.

Average to good? Fine, that's about where I put him.

My issue is, the Patriots needed a 1. They did not get a 1 in FA, and did not get one one in the draft. And there were several available.
He was the second best WR on his team, which was a great team btw and had a stud QB.

He is average speed, average mobility guy who gets by with muscle... which is way less effective in the NFL and something they could have found in the later rounds. I see a guy who will flirt with 1000 yard season but never reach it at best... I hope I'm wrong.

My problem is less with the player and more where he was taken and their desperate need for a left tackle and a true outside WR who can threaten opposing defenses downfield.

It seems like the only thing people look at anymore is a guy’s 40 time but the acceptable time gets lower every year. I’m not sure why 4.5 would be considered “slow”.

Because 25 WRs ran 4.5 or better at the combine, and 5 ran slower. 4.5 at WR is slow in 2024.

Ahh There goes fisher. Time to trade up for sumatiredoftryingtospellhisname

Looking at OT10 at this point, at best

t
I'm betting on Wolf and Highsmith. I know we're used to misery, but those guys are typically right more often than not and after seeing him at various points Live last season, along with re-watching some of that footage, he's a solid pick.

First time I've felt like that in a while. I was nice back when I wrote about Thornton, but I was nervous. I don't feel that way about this one.
Agree he’s not a burner but he can be a good possession wr who makes clutch grabs on third downs.
Kinda hoping we took a special player on offense at pick 3.
Special Teams?

Fisher's gone. My top binkie

It seems like the only thing people look at anymore is a guy’s 40 time but the acceptable time gets lower every year. I’m not sure why 4.5 would be considered “slow”.
He is slow, lacks route running ability , cannot quickly seperate and height is kk 6'1 not 6'3 or something.

Just gives nslow harry or slow parker vibes...

At thisbpoint I just want us to trade away our 2nd round picks .. we routinely miss it and it's not funny anymore..

Cmon trade with Detroit. 3rd and LAC 4th for Det 2nd & 5th.

Yes, players are getting faster, at least the special ones are. Maybe, if he was regarded as a great rout runner, it would be ok, but the coaching staff said we need Togo get faster, this does not seem to be it.

He is slow, lacks route running ability , cannot quickly seperate and height is kk 6'1 not 6'3 or something.

Just gives nslow harry or slow parker vibes...

At thisbpoint I just want us to trade away our 2nd round picks .. we routinely miss it and it's not funny anymore..
His route running is fine. Separation will be an issue at the next level. He's better than N'Keal Harry.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Club has an upcoming press conference:

there are two tackles left that would be good fits in the third imo. Hopefully one is still there otherwise the best available might be another receiver or the TE sanders.

Edit-the two tackles are now gone. Roman Wilson, Sanders, Franklin, Baker, Corley would all be good weapons to add.

On defense Tampa or Bullock could fit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back