PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 Later Round Gems

I like Emani Bailey out of TCU late in the draft. Lot of wiggle and lower body strength. Not a great 40 but really good hands out of the backfield.

You guys know a lot more than I do about these college prospects, but what these amateur eyes have seen and read, here are some Day 3 possibilities.

RB Dylan Laube, UNH (doubt he'll last long)
RB Isaac Guerendo, Louisville (doubt he'll last long also)
RB Isaiah Davis, South Dakota State

WR Luke McCaffrey, Rice
WR Cornelius Johnson, Michigan
WR Jalen Coker, Holy Cross
WR Ryan Flournoy, SE Missouri State

TE A.J. Barner, Michigan
TE Tip Reiman, Illinois

OT Caeden Wallace, Penn State
OT Garrett Greenfield, S Dakota State

DL Jordan Jefferson, LSU
DL Logan Lee, Iowa
DL Gabe Hall, Baylor
DT/DE Jamree Komrah, James Madison

ED Cedric Johnson, Ole Miss
ED Brennan Jackson, Washington State
ED Jalyx Hunt, Houston Baptist
ED Myles Cole, Texas Tech

LB Edefuan Ulofoshio, Washington

CB Jarrian Jones, Florida State
CB Decamerion Richardson, Miss St
CB Deantre Price, Ole Miss

SS Kitan Oladapo, Oregon State
SS Dominique Hampton, Washington

FS Trey Taylor, Air Force
FS Mark Perry, TCU

I know he's not gonna make it anywhere near the later rounds (where the Pats would have to get him because it's gonna be all offense the 1st two days right?.... RIGHT?!?), but since there's nowhere else to put it, I'd like to say I like EDGE Marshawn Kneeland.

I learned recently that that was the third fastest among all participants.
McCarthy is incredibly intriguing because he is exceptionally athletic, has a great arm, but Harbaugh never let him blossom. He might have the highest ceiling. And he ran a pro style offense so he does not have to sit a year - high floor. But still a risk with his lack of experience layering and troubles throwing to the left.

I know he's not gonna make it anywhere near the later rounds (where the Pats would have to get him because it's gonna be all offense the 1st two days right?.... RIGHT?!?), but since there's nowhere else to put it, I'd like to say I like EDGE Marshawn Kneeland.

Yeah he’s looking like a 3rd-round prospect now, early 4th at the latest.

Our new third down back for the future?

The defender looked like his shoes were stuck in cement. Then again you have a quick twitch RB going at what looks like a 300 lb lumbering defender so he 'should' win that battle. Still a pretty cool moment for the kid. I wouldn't mind taking a RB with a late round pick but we need to hit our top draft needs first - QB, OT, and WR.

McCarthy is incredibly intriguing because he is exceptionally athletic, has a great arm, but Harbaugh never let him blossom. He might have the highest ceiling. And he ran a pro style offense so he does not have to sit a year - high floor. But still a risk with his lack of experience layering and troubles throwing to the left.
TBF, almost everyone who's saying a Pats rookie QB would need to sit is saying that because of the quality of the offensive roster.

Will Shipley looks to me to be the next James White. The Clemson player is tough—lacrosse background!—and is very good at receiving out of the backfield. Underrated frankly.

His speed is only evident in his initial burst through the hole. He reminds me of a more talented Rex Burkhead but not quite the outside running talent of a James White.

He is being projected as a fourth-rounder. But he just screams Patriot to me.

Will Shipley looks to me to be the next James White. The Clemson player is tough—lacrosse background!—and is very good at receiving out of the backfield. Underrated frankly.

His speed is only evident in his initial burst through the hole. He reminds me of a more talented Rex Burkhead but not quite the outside running talent of a James White.

He is being projected as a fourth-rounder. But he just screams Patriot to me.

Yeah I really like him too, but unless we trade #3 we might not have enough picks to afford to take him where he's projected to go, late 3rd-early/mid 4th.

A few guys I like that may be more 3rd-5th round players, haven't heard a lot of buzz on them in general but really like their overall skill sets...

QB Garrett Schrader (Syracuse) *To me he's a low round version of Bo Nix. Great speed, so-so pocket awareness, flashes some arm
QB Jack Plummer (Louisville) *Total 80's/90's throwback QB but has enough of an arm that he should get a look. I don't know if he'd be a fit for what Mayo's looking for though in terms of athleticism.
RB Jase McClellan (Alabama) *Stud. I have him as my 4th best RB just ahead of Jonathon Brooks.
RB Frank Gore Jr (Southern Miss) *Overlooked, should be right in that Bucky Irving/Will Shipley/Braelon Allen tier IMO
WR Jacob Cowing (Arizona) *I have a total man crush on him. He's short at 5'8" but could be another Kalif Raymond type.
WR Tahj Washington (USC) *I like Brenden Rice better but I feel like both are getting kind of glossed over re: Caleb's success as a QB

Braelon Allen RB out of Wisconsin is listed at 6'1 235 and ran a 4.0 40 at the Combine. Nice 1st and 2nd down back as a rookie to spell Rhamondre, and has a high upside. If we can snag him and have Laude or Guerendo as 3rd down backs (Allen and Laube projected to go after round 4), would be nice additions for the present and future.
He ran a 4.4 in the 40 . A 4.0 would have been best ever.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back