PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT 2024 NEP 3RD Overall Pick - DRAKE MAYE

He was definitely one the best prospects to follow. Had ups and downs in production just like Williams this season. Lot of turn around for his program. 2 offensive coordinators and 3 offensive line coaches in his time at North Carolina. But he fought through it, stayed a leader and never threw any player or coach under the bus. He would of crushed it at Michigan or any of the other top programs.
Surround this guy with talented positional players and coaches as well as a stout oline and lets see what they got. Will benefit sitting to fix some of the issues like footwork and timing.

The question now is will Maye change his number with New England or is he attached to #10?

# 10 is cursed.

Corky, Jimmy, WRs have worn it and I don't recall any that were good.
True. But that means that mathematically, some player wearing that number invariably will be great.

The big reason that I didn't want Maye was that he takes too long to process and get rid of the ball. So I hope your observation is wrong but my concern is that it's right. Does he have the athleticism to overcome the slow decision making? I don't think so, but time will tell.
I think a lot of people confuse problems with Maye with a terrible NC team... it's a team game. He was a great player in a terrible situation in college. Put him in a great position in the NFL, build a great line, give him a solid vet to learn from. None of these QB's were perfect prospects, Maye was unquestionably the best athlete.

Last edited:
36c0aa0b-d101-4caa-9ad9-b9b698a8722c_text.gif

Geez, Ted Johnson on NBSBH throwing cold water on the Maye and Mayo/Wolf press conferences. He said it seemed to him that Maye was disappointed not going to the Giants and Mayo/Wolf aren't excited with the pick. :confused:

Geez, Ted Johnson on NBSBH throwing cold water on the Maye and Mayo/Wolf press conferences. He said it seemed to him that Maye was disappointed not going to the Giants and Mayo/Wolf aren't excited with the pick. :confused:
Leave it to Ted Johnson to report something like that. He’s been dismal with rain clouds the last 10 years.

Where is he getting that from? They submitted the pick with 5 minutes on the clock seemed like they very convinced with their choice

Where is he getting that from? They submitted the pick with 5 minutes on the clock seemed like they very convinced with their choice

Felger and Holley were looking at Ted like, "WTF?" He said he got a weird vibe from Maye's hyped-up energy and felt Mayo and Wolf might have disagreed on who the first pick should be.

I hoped Ted might temper his shtick once BB left but apparently not. Just now he said Van Pelt might not be a good fit for Maye. Unbelievable.

If TJ is talking football I’d listen but don’t care for any of his additional speculation.

Ted was being so negative because Felger was in the studio with him, trying to impress him. See Mike I can be just as negative as Mazz and Big Jim.

Teams had all the info on Marino, too. Still picked Eason, Blackledge, and O'Brien ahead of him. Scouts get enamored with absolutely stupid things. Like all the WRs they have rated on their board in low rounds where they note "Just gets open"....like that's not an important trait.

Ted was being so negative because Felger was in the studio with him, trying to impress him. See Mike I can be just as negative as Mazz and Big Jim.
Maye is the most divisive of the top prospects and perfect fodder for the media to criticize. Inevitable.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back