PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 23 Official Week 10 PostGame NE vs IND Reactions

Immediate Postgame Reactions
The Colts haven't scored under 20 all year, and the Pats held them to 10. BB is at worst a good defensive coach. He should just relinquish everything about the offensive side of the ball.
What is it, EXACTLY, do you think BB does on the offensive side of the ball that is hurting the team?

Per BRADY, BB sits in with the Offense to discuss the plays for the week but it's the QB and OC who are the primary two running the Offensive Prep meeting with input from the position coaches.

CJ Stroud is proving the importance in having the guy at QB
They have a decimated Oline, rebuilding defense and are still relevant because of Stroud and he's a rookie
I don't want to hear anymore Mac Jones excuses he stinks

Not sure how Howard and Tunsil going today is their O-line being decimated. In fact, every one of their O-line who was on the Injury Report practiced in full yesterday.

Would be nice to have an OL again that doesn’t consist of 3rd stringers and rejects from other teams.
Mike Compton, Joe Andruzzi, Stephen Neal, Tom Ashworth, Brandon Gorin, Russ Hochstein.

It would be nice if our S&C coaches could actually keep our players healthy.

People know who I choose. :)

Just remember what happened when Brady didn't have Coaching around him AND had a ton of injuries on the O-line 8-9 record. OH. Wait. Was I not supposed to point that out to you??

I would add Peppers and Gonzalez to your list
The Pats have a Lot of good players. The problem is that their BEST are injured in Gonzalez and Judon. Not having an adequate replacement for McCourty has hurt the team more than people realize. I think more than the Coaching Staff realized.

Just remember what happened when Brady didn't have Coaching around him AND had a ton of injuries on the O-line 8-9 record. OH. Wait. Was I not supposed to point that out to you??
Right…when he was 45 and retired after the season because he no longer had the physical skills to play? What a point.

What is it, EXACTLY, do you think BB does on the offensive side of the ball that is hurting the team?

Per BRADY, BB sits in with the Offense to discuss the plays for the week but it's the QB and OC who are the primary two running the Offensive Prep meeting with input from the position coaches.
Why do you think bb is using the same approach for the offense game planning under Brady as under mac at qb?

With Brady at QB and jmd at oc bb did not need to get so much involved

If bb is not getting involved and just discussing some plays he should be fired asap because he saw the offense ****show for two confesucive years and if you are still not getting involved with the little offense production he pats have , then why is he still the HC?

Mike Compton, Joe Andruzzi, Stephen Neal, Tom Ashworth, Brandon Gorin, Russ Hochstein.

It would be nice if our S&C coaches could actually keep our players healthy.
Dante Scar thank you...C'mon DB I go way back too.

Why do you think bb is using the same approach for the offense game planning under Brady as under mac at qb?

With Brady at QB and jmd at oc bb did not need to get so much involved

If bb is not getting involved and just discussing some plays he should be fired asap because he saw the offense ****show for two confesucive years and if you are still not getting involved with the little offense production he pats have , then why is he still the HC?
Football's a young man's game. Bill isn't getting any younger.

100%

Posters here calling for BB's head over that punt block attempt are entirely and completely full of **** and demonstrating their ignorance and hypocrisy.

He's done the no-returner, all-out-block sell-out multiple times before; that's not the first time such a formation has been utilized by BB. The difference is that they weren't losing games very frequently back then (because they had a competent offense).

So it's not about the punt return formation; it's about the winning. Don't claim he should be fired for that decision when you never said a peep when he did the exact same thing in years past.

I'm willing to give BB a chance with another QB. That, and the OL, are far-and-away the biggest weaknesses on this team. If Brady was QB'ing this team and playing behind an average OL, they're likely a 6-8 win team.
I'm not sure even Tom could salvage this season. We'd see 9-8 ish. Something like the back 1/2 of 2019 which was not good.

Particularly when you consider that in both cases, Cleveland and NE, 2020, we’re talking about rebuilding a roster from an empty pantry.

I doubt any coach would have a better record with the Pats 2020 - present, but the team might have some better pieces with someone else.
Cle was 3-13 before Bill took over. No free agency. Poor owner. It's a miracle he accomplished what he did

Particularly when you consider that in both cases, Cleveland and NE, 2020, we’re talking about rebuilding a roster from an empty pantry.

I doubt any coach would have a better record with the Pats 2020 - present, but the team might have some better pieces with someone else.
Yeah or HC Bill and a different GM.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back