Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Giants

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Some other Team

Votes: 46 48.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a week to week thing rooting against the teams I hate or teams who's draft picks we own. I hate rooting for the Dolphins but I loathe the Raiders and we have their pick then next week the Fins have the Jets. So normally a fins hater I love em the next two weeks.

I actually like Tampa because they were so bad for so long and then unfortunately they had Warren Sapp who I cannot stand. Which really was too bad because Brooks, Barber, Lynch and others were very likable. Now that Sapp is gone I quasi root for them again. This week they have the Ravens who I loathe as much as any right now so go Bucs.

Go SD (playing Indy), Washington (playing the Favres), Atlanta (TD GM), KC (all the NE connections) and even Denver (JM). Denver is particularly difficult to root for because they've kicked our asses so often. Rooting for Charlie @ND was hard too. I cannot stand ND.

Don't really have a second favorite team, but I like Aaron Rodgers a lot and find myself slightly rooting for the Packers on some occasions.

I don't really have a consistent 2nd favorite. I usually root for whatever teams victory best serves the Patriots. If the Pats don't make the play offs or get booted early I usually start rooting for a team. Last year it was the Saints, the year before the Cards and Eagles. And just rooting against the Steelers, Colts and Jets in general.

My second favorite team is the Jags as I live in Jacksonville. I moved down here back in '99 because of the Navy. Plus it also helps that they play in the same division as the Colts and Titans.

The Jags are infuriating to root for though because the owner will not do what is necessary for them to put out a winning team. That and the constant threat of moving the team to LA.

Bears and Seahawks.

If you have a 2nd favorite team then you are the worst kind of fan!

And if you think as mgcolby does, you're not a true football fan.

True football fans enjoy watching football... to think that they cannot root for a team they are watching or have a 2nd favorite team is idiotic.

Last edited:
I think for people like myself and Kontradiction, when you live somewhere else for a while you tend to start following the team in that area a bit almost by default.

I grew up in Virginia, and like McColby and Patjew, I actually learned to hate the Redskins and Cowboys (a lot of those fans as well). The Skins fans were obnoxious about their terrible team, the team sucks, and we got Skins games all year long. The only thing I like about the Skins was their late 80s and early 90s uniforms. Other than that....*shudder*

Are you being coy? Those are the helmets of the teams we played this season.

Actually, those are the teams the Pats have beaten. ;)

Wow I so did not notice that. I suck. My bad Nikolai. I promise not to drink and post anymore!

No worries, though I wonder how many other people don't realize what my sig is about.

I grew up in New England and have lived in Florida and Indiana since then, I have NEVER been a fan of any other NFL team other than the Patriots with one exception.... I rooted for the Saints to beat the Colts because I wanted to see the local reaction to a Superbowl loss and wanted to see how quickly the "Go Colts!" banners came down. I wasn't dissapointed!
That being said if the Saints manage to win it all again in the next 50 years or so I'll be pretty sick of them......you can only have one true love!

That being said, I'm a Notre Dame fan and always have been.... I'm not sure why exactly but think it has something to do with me thinking as a kid that the "Fighting Irish" logo was in some way linked to the Celtics leprechaun, I'm not sure when I came to the realization that they weren't a local team but by then it was too late!

One of my good friends is from Philly and an Eagles fan. He loves his team but is minimally emotional and extremely well educated both about his team and the game itself. I've become one by osmosis, but it's more of that casual, unemotional rooting for. Plus, I really am proud of how well Vick has rebounded and am rooting really hard for the guy. The Pats are the only team that can determine my mood for a week with 60 minutes of football.

Aaron Rodgers is probably my favorite non patriot (probably because he was my fantasy QB) so i find it easy to root for the Packers. I'm also a huge fan of Ricky Williams, but its much tougher to ever root for the Dolphins since they're in the division.

I also find myself pulling for the Eagles more often than not when I watch them. Am I evil?

Whoever the Jets are playing. Followed by whoever Oakland/Carolina/Minny are playing for the sake of our draft picks.

And I like the Saints. Partly because of pherein, partly because they've got a great offense to watch, and I like Payton.

The Eagles. I grew up in Philly and saw their last championship team play in 1960. Of course, I pull for the Pats when they play the Iggles. "2nd Favorite" means "2nd."

No second favorite, I just root for the teams that will help the Pats.

i thought i liked the saints, but when i went down to live in new orleans and found out all the saints fans hate the patriots for no reason, i started rooting against them.
i still like brees and i think they're fun to watch, i just want those obnoxious fans to shut up

Right now watching Vick is just fantastic, brilliant entertainment

i put the chiefs only cause its Pats West - but i take it back - there is no 2nd favorite

I honestly have no other team that I root for on a regular basis. I will root for a team or not depending on whether it helps the Pats. If there is no help for the Pats, then I usually root for the underdog. Like in the Superbowl last year I rooted for NO, like a lot of other people. But, if I see them on TV this year, it's not like I am hoping that they win. The Pats have me hook, line and sinker!

I genuinely dislike every team that isnt the Patriots.
I root for the teams that would help the Patriots most with a win. Anyone playing against a division team that isnt out of it, and those playing against teams we are competing with for seeding.
In general I heavily root against whoever the media is touting,because that makes me hate that team a little bit more.

The Texans used to be my second favorite, but then I jumped on the Lions bandwagon this season.

And if you think as mgcolby does, you're not a true football fan.

True football fans enjoy watching football... to think that they cannot root for a team they are watching or have a 2nd favorite team is idiotic.

And if you can read you would see that just below that I clarified it. But a true fan only supports one team. I watch every game every week, and I have teams that I hate, but I do not have a team that I root for week in and week out other than the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes