PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

80 Man practice roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsmaniac

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
What was the main reason the NFL reduced the number of players available in training camp? Im surprised the NFLPA agreed to it. It either puts more pressure on the players by needing bodies or has the result of fewer fulll pad practices which helps reduce injuries.

Any insight is appreciated.

What was the main reason the NFL reduced the number of players available in training camp? Im surprised the NFLPA agreed to it. It either puts more pressure on the players by needing bodies or has the result of fewer fulll pad practices which helps reduce injuries.

It was not reduced. Simply the 6 exemptions granted to players that were sent to NFL Europa were lost when you could no longer send players to NFL Europa.

Roster sizes weren't reduced, per se. The league had allowed NFL Europe/NFL Europa exemptions. Teams that sent players over to play got exemptions for those (and only those) players. The league folded. Hence, no more need for the exemptions.

Memo: Stop complaining about roster sizes. You will now forfeit a draft pick.

It was not adjusted to when the NFLE closed..so they have had that in effect for years..ut with the exemptions..it could be as many as 8....6 players and then bonus exemptions...lol..
I think it's a real mistake NOT allowing 85...160 extra spots at teh start of camp...many longshots..but Goodell doesn't want any part of it,..DO NOT COMPLAIN!!

It was not adjusted to when the NFLE closed..so they have had that in effect for years..ut with the exemptions..it could be as many as 8....6 players and then bonus exemptions...lol..
I think it's a real mistake NOT allowing 85...160 extra spots at teh start of camp...many longshots..but Goodell doesn't want any part of it,..DO NOT COMPLAIN!!

I've been bashing Goodell as much as anyone on this site. Hell, I'm probably #1 on the "Goodell has to go" choir list. However, this isn't just about power for Goodell, it's about the upcoming CBA negotiations. It'll be impossible to 'grudgingly concede' an increase in the number of players in camp to the Union if the Union already knows that the owners want that increase themselves.

One of the reasons Goodell wants the coaches to shut up is because

expanding the roster will be one of managements bargaining chips in

getting a new CBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes