PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Complete Rebuild or 4 Key Additions and Re-sign Our Free Agents

The talent level on this team is below average. Having said that, I think they had a pretty good draft this year. This team has lots of holes, and they filled some of them. It was somewhat disappointing that most of the holes they filled were on defense, but this isn't a one or two-year process. Realistically, they're a year away from being a year away. Any qualified GM candidate would look at this team and tell the Krafts that he would want three years.
On offense yes. The other side has plenty of talent.

The talent level on this team is below average. Having said that, I think they had a pretty good draft this year. This team has lots of holes, and they filled some of them. It was somewhat disappointing that most of the holes they filled were on defense, but this isn't a one or two-year process. Realistically, they're a year away from being a year away. Any qualified GM candidate would look at this team and tell the Krafts that he would want three years.
Classic line.

Resign the following in priority

P1
1. Onwenu
2. Kendrick Bourne
3. Jennings

P2
3. T brown - heavy incentives and weight goals ( 2 year only with out after an year )
4. Henry - if dollars are okay ( 6-8 million AAV )

P3

1. Dugger - if dollars are right .( 6 - 9 )
2. Gesicki - AAV lesser than 3-5 million
3. JC Jackson ( if wperfoems like Cb2 and AAV ~ 5- 8 with heavy incentives)

JC Jackson isn't a free agent after the season. Even at 14M, they STILL have a projected 91M in cap space with 44 players signed. Not sure why you would screw with his contract at all. Especially with no dead money if they were to cut him.

You never answered whether or not Dugger is a Top 10 or Top 15 safety. Regardless, He's getting a MINIMUM of 10AAV and probably closer to 12-15. Why? Because that's what the TOP 15 safeties are getting.

Hunter Henry is going to be one of the top Free Agent TEs available. People are going to look at him and see that the OFFENSE was bad the last 2 years and that's why his numbers were down. Someone is going to pay him very similarly to what he got from NE... in the 11-15M AAV

What's interesting is that when you look at the Pass blocking numbers, neither TE for the Pats have been asked to do it much. Run Blocking, Henry has been asked 133 times and Gesicki 81 times and Pharoah Brown 73 times. Drew Sample or Dalton Schultz might be better options for the AAV you're talking about.

In all honesty, your AAVs, in general, aren't in line with what the league is paying.

Reopening this thread . Considering we are closer to offseason now which free agents do we resign and sign.

Must sign

1. Onwenu - pay the beast
2. Jennings - hopefully he can come at a contract value closer to Bentley.
3. Mac Wilson- tremendous improvement
4. Pharoah brown - should be a modest contract.

Sign if numbers work out

1. Hunter Henry- around 10 million AAV with guaranteed money not more than 16 million considering age and injury possibilities.
2. Bourne -if he is willing and at 6 - 8 million AAV orbperfoemance linked escalators. I could see chiefs really bidding for his services . So might not be available.
3. Dugger - I am just not sold on paying 10+ million for a safety when we have peppers and few others . Better to draft a CB and make them play safety .

Free agent Targets

1. Tee higgins - should be north of 20 million. Might not be willing to come here if the bears want his service too.
2. Jerry jeudy - nothing home to write about. Let's wait and watch on this one

Trade / let go

1. Trent brown - might be the best left tackle available to us but extremely unreliable and seems disinterested. Keep as swing tackle at 6-8 million with playtime incentives . But I am sure he will command more or will slack off by not playing and getting the free dollars.
2. Jc Jackson is broken at this point. Unless he comes slightly more than vet minimum with performance escalators do not resign him.

2. JuJu - can gain some cap space if we can find a trade partner and help us in tee higgins stake.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back