PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

" A " stands for A-hole in A-Rod

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone saw the Yankee game last night, but A- Rod really does the lowest thing i ever seen someone do running the bases. At first i thought his little stupid elbow sliding into second base was, but what he did last night takes the cake. A-Rod was running to third base on an infield pop up. As he was running by the ball was coming down into a Blue Jays glove. Just before the ball gets there A-Rod screams practically in the players face while running by, making the Blue Jays player believe he was being called off for the ball. The player steps away and the ball drops in for a hit. This is something you would probably see in little leauge. WHat a total L-O-S-E-R, LOSER. Then to see him standing on third base with the dumbest smile on his face made my blood boil. While he was standing on third base if i was a Blue Jays player i would of went over there and knocked every single one of his teeth right down his throat. Then stepped my pointy cleet right into his forhead. This guy is sucha piece of shyt. What a joke he is, he had one good month and would bet anyone that he wont have a month like that again for the rest of his career. I just can't wait for something bad to happen to him, like twist his knee, so he needs surgery and he's out for the season. I can't wait.

Last edited:
And if he does the same thing next year in a Red Sox uniform, you'll be cheering him on.

And if he does the same thing next year in a Red Sox uniform, you'll be cheering him on.
And if Bob Kraft gave $100 million to charity you'd still be calling him a cheap bastard.

I just can't wait for something bad to happen to him, like twist his knee, so he needs surgery and he's out for the season. I can't wait.
Baseball players have long memories. He'll get some chin music next time the Yanks play the Blue Jays.

I'm not a Red Sox fan, but root for them. Being a life long Mets fan, I hate the Yanks as much as you guys. So I'll never be rooting him on, and i know he'll never goto the Mets with Wright at 3rd.

Nope. He's one of a few guys I'd never root for. Bonds and Pierzynski are two more.

Regardless, cheering a ridiculous, unsportsmanlike act like that is something I just don't have in me, regardless of whose laundry the player is wearing and how beneficial it is to my team.

I'm weird like that.

It's bush league to some, but that's sports. I think A-Rod's a douche and I'm a Yankees fan, but people need to grow a set and relax. Everyone picks on him like no other. Following him around on the road and taking pictures of him, putting his private life on the front page. It's ridiculous. When Orlando Cabrera rolled his elbow sliding into second no one around here said a peep. When Tom Brady knocks up his chic, no one in here says a peep. When Richard Seymour steps on a players head nobody says a peep. I've gotta hand it to Mo Vaughn, who said it best about Boston fans when... :D

Such is the way of a typical fan in Boston. How many would have taken Clemens on the Sox? How many embraced Corey Dillon & Randy Moss? How many have excused Brandon Merriweather? There are even Bruins fans who want Pat Quinn to coach the team. Everyone loved A-Rod when he was on his way here.

Arod's a piece; but that action is not much different than the hidden ball trick or a runner on second watching for where the catcher sets up and signaling that into his team mate at bat. How many times did Larry Bird slam the ball off of some opponent's shin as he was falling out of bounds thereby saving the Celtics a possession? In my book a dirty play has to be 1) against the rules and 2) designed to injure or at the very least, be likely to injure or its just an example of someone trying real hard to win.

Part of the reason Teddy Brewski's so beloved in NE is because he knows exactly how to hold just discretely enough to avoid a flag; but he's still holding. I wonder how much playing time he would have gotten over the years if he didn't have the ability to, lets face it, cheat without getting caught.

Such is the way of a typical fan in Boston. How many would have taken Clemens on the Sox? How many embraced Corey Dillon & Randy Moss? How many have excused Brandon Merriweather? There are even Bruins fans who want Pat Quinn to coach the team. Everyone loved A-Rod when he was on his way here.

So true.

Next year at this time, we'll be reading nothing but good things regarding ole A-Rod....he's a wicked competitah!

I don't think he'd have to pull something like that if he was with the Sox next year,and certainly not if he was here this year. Right now he'd be winning without the need for moves like that,and they've got some good players going into next year as well. Who knows.
But would Sox fans embrace him if he came here? I don't know. Sticking just to baseball,he chokes down the stretch and carries an immense contract. He's a whiner,he sulks,he's a petulant primadonna and unless he changes he wouldn't fit in here.Given all those things,especially his rep as a playoff choker,I'd be shocked if the Sox took him.
Back to your point,I don't think most Sox fans would unquestionably and immediately embrace him. In fact I know diehard Sox fans who said they'd boo him.
Yankee fans ripped Damon but when he arrived in NY it was like the second coming because they always (grudgingly) admired his talent. ARod's talented,but until he shakes that choker tag I don't see him getting that kind of love.
That said, there would be a certain satisfaction in seeing ARod hit a grand slam in the Bronx-in the playoffs-in red socks-eliminating the Yankees;) .
But quite honestly,most Sox fans I know want no part of him for a lot of other reasons besides just this latest move.

I don't think he'd have to pull something like that if he was with the Sox next year,and certainly not if he was here this year. Right now he'd be winning without the need for moves like that,and they've got some good players going into next year as well. Who knows.
But would Sox fans embrace him if he came here? I don't know. Sticking just to baseball,he chokes down the stretch and carries an immense contract. He's a whiner,he sulks,he's a petulant primadonna and unless he changes he wouldn't fit in here.Given all those things,especially his rep as a playoff choker,I'd be shocked if the Sox took him.
Back to your point,I don't think most Sox fans would unquestionably and immediately embrace him. In fact I know diehard Sox fans who said they'd boo him.
Yankee fans ripped Damon but when he arrived in NY it was like the second coming because they always (grudgingly) admired his talent. ARod's talented,but until he shakes that choker tag I don't see him getting that kind of love.
That said, there would be a certain satisfaction in seeing ARod hit a grand slam in the Bronx-in the playoffs-in red socks-eliminating the Yankees;) .
But quite honestly,most Sox fans I know want no part of him for a lot of other reasons besides just this latest move.

He won't be here unless he really undoes the choking, and besides we have Lowell who doesn't choke.

Also I will always hate A-Rod no matter what uniform he wears, and I like Randy Moss

He won't be here unless he really undoes the choking, and besides we have Lowell who doesn't choke.

Also I will always hate A-Rod no matter what uniform he wears, and I like Randy Moss

Lowell is a free agent at the end of the year, and when he's hitting .275-.280 like he did at the end of last year you'll all be quietly thinking about A-Rod should he opt out.

I'm thrilled Payfraud is on the Yankees; the player I hate most in baseball on the team and it's frontrunning, fraud fans I hate the most as well.

Funny, I'm seeing less and less black hats with NY across the front; the Yankees, aka, the HMS Titanic, are taking on water and not even that mercenary fatso, aka, Clemens is going to save their asses............

Nice to see the Fenway Faithful, showed up with their blond wigs last night.. great to be a NE fan at least for the sox and pats.

Nice to see the Fenway Faithful, showed up with their blond wigs last night.. great to be a NE fan at least for the sox and pats.

LOL that was funny. Last night they were chanting "HAAAAAAAAAAAA" as he was going for the pop-up.
Unfortunately though,he got the last laugh with his HR off Papelbon.

LOL that was funny. Last night they were chanting "HAAAAAAAAAAAA" as he was going for the pop-up.
Unfortunately though,he got the last laugh with his HR off Papelbon.

Gotta (begrudgingly) give him credit for that one. He hit a tough pitch.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back