PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Donald announces retirement

That's crazy did t see it coming

How was he last year? Am surprised but I guess he does not think they are close.

Watt had the highest peak for a D player last 20 years I have been watching but Donald has been the best. By far has had the most sustained extremely high level of play of any D player I saw play.

I remember thinking he was going to be a huge bust taken that early at his size. Instead he ended up being one of the greatest players in NFL history lol.

I may have missed his reasons for calling it a day but he is only 32. Fantastic player.

Sign the beast.

Arguably a top 5 player of all time.
Definitely top 3 defensive player all time.

Wonder if Chris Jones will ever reach Donald type dominance.

LT
Donald
Blount
White

Last edited:
One of the best to play on the defensive line. He has been talking about retirement for a few years. Glad he is retiring in one piece. He made his money and now he has generational wealth.

great player. Canton in 5, first ballot type player...

glad we were able to basically shut him down in LIII, he's that much of a force on the field

Definitely top 3 defensive player all time.

Wonder if Chris Jones will ever reach Donald type dominance.

LT
Donald
Blount
White
In the postseason Jones is up there

Aaron Donald waiting until AFTER the start of Free Agency to retire sends a message about about the Rams Ownership and Management. Just like Gronk waiting did.

Clearly Donald wasn't pleased with how things were progressing. All the TOP DTs are gone. So the Rams are going to have to hope there is something in the draft that can help off-set (you can't REPLACE) Donald.

Love it when players get to leave on their own terms. Goes out at the top of his position. Don’t happen very often.

Thank goodness for insane player contracts.

Mild surprise at 32 but props for knowing when you are done and moving on. Great player.

Have a great retirement big fella, you earned it.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back