PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All quiet on Hightower front or Dont'a-do-it FA tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, we'll see. Logan Ryan was out of their price range so I have a hard time believing they'll offer him more than we'd match.

Eh, we'll see. Logan Ryan was out of their price range so I have a hard time believing they'll offer him more than we'd match.
Logan was out of NO's range?

I'm expecting bad news on this. Of course it will be fun watching Hightower try to cover our guys, he won't be able to just like their other LBs. It would suck to lose him though.

Ya i doubt steelers would go over 10million on hightower. Rumor was thats out of their price range

Only reason to take these visits is to try and get more $$ out of someone. If a team was willing to give hightower what he was asking it wouldve happened.

Now if he takes around the same or less than the pats offer from the steelers we will know he had no intention of staying here.

I dont really see where he fits the steelers scheme to pay him big $$

I feel confident we can match whateva offer they put up on the table. We will see.

Especially for similar money if High signs we better have Brown in right away

I think hes likes A scorned woman if he leaves us

Ya i doubt steelers would go over 10million on hightower. Rumor was thats out of their price range

Only reason to take these visits is to try and get more $$ out of someone. If a team was willing to give hightower what he was asking it wouldve happened.

Now if he takes around the same or less than the pats offer from the steelers we will know he had no intention of staying here.

I dont really see where he fits the steelers scheme to pay him big $$

I think he's coming back unless the Steelers offer blows the Pats out of the water. He wasn't interested in going to the Jets for a mere $2M more so it's going to take at least more than that to pry him out of here and I'm not sure the Steelers have the cap capital to make that happen.

Damn man please just resign Hightower. I would feel much better about potentially losing Butler and this defense in general if hes back. Hes not only our only proven Linebacker but hes also the clear leader of this defense/front-seven.

I think he's coming back unless the Steelers offer blows the Pats out of the water. He wasn't interested in going to the Jets for a mere $2M more so it's going to take at least more than that to pry him out of here and I'm not sure the Steelers have the cap capital to make that happen.
Where did you see the particulars of the NYJ offer for High?

He's talking about Pittsburgh.

If Ryan was too rich how the hell will they sign High?

That tells me they have the $ but felt Ryan was not worth 10m aav

Where did you see the particulars of the NYJ offer for High?
Where'd you get that?

That was the figure being thrown around by Kirwin and Miller yesterday on NFL Radio. I've been too busy to actually check it so if they were the only ones that actually reported it, then it may have been just a number that they were using for argument's sake.

Most interesting observation is that he'll come to Pittsbu "

No way is this hap

If we see another visit we might just see bill lose his cool. Looking at all these moves and getting paid good money should should be enough motivation to come back. He's reminding me of mevis. Their should be alot of concern with his longevity.

I suspect Bill will be very matter-of-factly about it...

"Hi, Dont'a. I'm glad you've taken the opportunity to gauge your market value. We still want you, but we also need to have Plan B in place if you don't re-sign. Plan B gets dicier by the day the longer you don't sign. I've decided that we need to move onto a Plan B by March XX. Hopefully we can work out a contract by then, but if not then I wish you the best with whichever team you sign."

Regards,
Chris

Some where BB is sitting with a sinister smile...
Another classic Steeler overpay if they get him. So next year we can all hear excuses as to why they get their asses handed to them again #nodepth
An injury or two away from a lost season:D.
They'd have 3 of the highest paid players in the league at their respective positions.
That doesn't work in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back