PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any chance Logan Ryan re-signs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Harmon is a guaranteed goner. He'll probably get a bit overpaid but, he's a good player.

Harmon is worth a lot to the patriots.

As with McCourty, the question is how much.

Agreed.

However, it seems likely that there will be more extensions during the season. Guys like Harmon, Cannon and Long seem like possibilities.
Your lips to god's ear.

But extensions now are so much harder simply because we have less cap space to deal with them. A lot of people have been surprised that nothing significant has been done up to this point, (me included), but maybe they just figured, AFTER the season is when we will have all that cap space, and after the season is when we will get it done. You got to think they won't go into this without a plan.

Today was a day to remember Logan Ryan is an OK #2 CB with some good games and some terrible games.

Tyrod Taylor **** on his face today throwing to whomever he was covering.

And they still only gave up 16 points. The Bills O couldnt really do **** in the 2nd half after the Pats adjusted. Too bad our O was invisible but seeing we had JB as QB and no real Gronk what do you expect.

I thought Ryan was incredibly overmatched today; that inside slant was beating him like a drum. Coleman wasn't much better, but every big play they had seemed to have Ryan in coverage, 3-5 yards away every time. Obviously the mobile QB didn't help his cause but we see Taylor again and Wilson vs Seattle so he has to get with the program. Obviously the D stepped up with the SB49 gameplan to bracket and contain Wilson (we did the same today), the D just didn't have the O's help today.

If we're lucky they won't even consider resigning him. He's been awful this season.

17 tackles? Damn.

I thought Ryan was incredibly overmatched today; that inside slant was beating him like a drum. Coleman wasn't much better, but every big play they had seemed to have Ryan in coverage, 3-5 yards away every time. Obviously the mobile QB didn't help his cause but we see Taylor again and Wilson vs Seattle so he has to get with the program. Obviously the D stepped up with the SB49 gameplan to bracket and contain Wilson (we did the same today), the D just didn't have the O's help today.

Taylor throws a dart so getting anticipation on the receiver is tough, but he was always 1 second late at least, couldn't read the same play over and over.

Unless he gives the Patriots a really good deal he is a goner. I think Collins, Hightower, Bennett, and Sheard should be the top priorities. We might be able to get Bennett cheaper than we think since he seems to like it here and other teams know he can be a big problem. If we lose Ryan in free agency we still have Cyrus and Rowe who can hopefully step up next year and be a solid #2.

Unless he gives the Patriots a really good deal he is a goner. I think Collins, Hightower, Bennett, and Sheard should be the top priorities. We might be able to get Bennett cheaper than we think since he seems to like it here and other teams know he can be a big problem. If we lose Ryan in free agency we still have Cyrus and Rowe who can hopefully step up next year and be a solid #2.

Or we could draft another CB just like him, he wasn't a world beater coming out of college, he was a 3rd round pick that some considered a little bit of a reach, he was developed here into a good CB, maybe in other team he would have been cut and bouncing from back end of rosters around the league. We can do that again. They wanted Rowe and they got him this year. The CB landscape is not so scary for the future.

Harmon is worth a lot to the patriots.

As with McCourty, the question is how much.
Someone is gonna pay him to be a starter and it's not gonna be the pats

Harmon and Ryan are both pretty darn good players. Definitely starters in this league, on almost any team.

Ryan is an inconsistent player who flashes between a number 1 and a number 3, but yea he's pretty good. I've seen him shutdown excellent WRs before. I didn't think he played that badly today, sometimes giving up those short yarders is part of BBs defense.

Harmon also shows a ton of ball hawking skills, and like Ryan will have a few unexplainably mediocre games.

Both won't be good values in FA and I doubt we retain either

Today was a day to remember Logan Ryan is an OK #2 CB with some good games and some terrible games.

Tyrod Taylor **** on his face today throwing to whomever he was covering.

Reminds me of a guy like Arrington, who was an asset to the team and had stretches of good play shutting down talented WRs, yet also had plenty of stretches where he looked bad.

It's hard to picture Ryan getting anything less than 8m dollars a year, in my opinion. Someone will likely overpay for him and while an argument can be made that he should stay, my expectation is that he'll leave in FA.

So on Friday, we had an article talking about how Logan Ryan is good because his film study tells him what routes to take away. Against the Bills, the goal was obviously to defend the deep ball, because that's what had worked in Taylor's best game, against the Jets. After the game, Robert Woods said that they specifically added slants to the gameplan because they hadn't really used them before. Those slants were really effective since Ryan was trying to take away the deep passes.

So all you have to do is surprise Ryan with what he hasn't seen from you before. That's a lot easier in week 4 with a new OC in his second game than it is going to be for most teams as the season goes on.

So on Friday, we had an article talking about how Logan Ryan is good because his film study tells him what routes to take away. Against the Bills, the goal was obviously to defend the deep ball, because that's what had worked in Taylor's best game, against the Jets. After the game, Robert Woods said that they specifically added slants to the gameplan because they hadn't really used them before. Those slants were really effective since Ryan was trying to take away the deep passes.

So all you have to do is surprise Ryan with what he hasn't seen from you before. That's a lot easier in week 4 with a new OC in his second game than it is going to be for most teams as the season goes on.
And the game plan. Let me ask everyone hating on Ryan's play this: If the game plan is for him to play off, allowing the short slant rather than give up a big play to an offense that struggles completing drives, and it results in allowing 16 points but a lot of those short passes get completed, why are we crying?
I guarantee you if he took away the slant and got beat deep for a TD people would be ripping him at least as bad.
Can we please get over this idea that a corner can take a WR one on one and cover any route he wants to run? Its ridiculous.

There is clearly too much hate for Ryan on this board. Overall, he has been good this year especially since he has drawn the #1 receiver most weeks.

He wasn't good yesterday, but the Pats played a lot of zone yesterday and he got blamed for every that he got to first after the catch. Some times it wasn't his responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes