PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you supporting Wes or against him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wes is using the only leverage he has as a player and I support him. Perhaps if he actually starts missing games I might charge to change my tunes but for now........ It's all good. Just business people doing business things.

I agree with this. I'll give him a pass until he misses games. And I don't blame him for wanting the best deal he can get.

:confused2:

Shouldn't you be off crying about DeOssie? Condon began by responding to one of my posts, and then he fled for the hills when I exposed the ridiculousness of his argument.

It is what it is.

What's ridiculous about me stating he should be compensated based on his projected performance and not about him being wildly underpaid in his previous contract? There's nothing silly about that, whether you disagree with it or not.

Me choosing to abandon the conversation was because I'm too busy today at work and didn't feel like wasting time talking to a wall. It still doesn't change the fact that the post you made that I initially responded to was not well thought out.

Anyway, I just finished my lunch and it's back to work.

to me, the bottom line comes down to this.

I support Welker playing for the pats.

I am against him playing somewhere else.

Beyond that, it appears that the process is still taking care of itself, and arbitrary words by others are exactly that.

Some people in this world live off a few bowls of rice a day,some people make penny's a day, some people can't afford heat to heat their house.

Wes needs to sigh the tender get his ass to NE and get working, the contract will take care of itself.....

Never will feel bad for someone making millions a year, being in the NFL is a privilege and should be treated as such. You want a big contract? Get your ass to work and it will work itself out, if I held out of my job for a higher pay I would get my ass canned.

Some people in this world live off a few bowls of rice a day,some people make penny's a day, some people can't afford heat to heat their house.

Wes needs to sigh the tender get his ass to NE and get working, the contract will take care of itself.....

Never will feel bad for someone making millions a year, being in the NFL is a privilege and should be treated as such. You want a big contract? Get your ass to work and it will work itself out, if I held out of my job for a higher pay I would get my ass canned.

even if you were one of the best at your job on the planet?

I'm supporting both Wes and the team. With what Welker has accomplished and that he should still be able to perform at a high level for the next few years he deserves a good contract. At the same time it is important the team doesn't overpay in terms of $ and years so they have future cap room to keep some of our other important players. At the end of the day I think the 2 parties will meet in the middle and this will get resolved.

What's ridiculous about me stating he should be compensated based on his projected performance and not about him being wildly underpaid in his previous contract? There's nothing silly about that, whether you disagree with it or not.

Me choosing to abandon the conversation was because I'm too busy today at work and didn't feel like wasting time talking to a wall. It still doesn't change the fact that the post you made that I initially responded to was not well thought out.

Anyway, I just finished my lunch and it's back to work.

My post was fine. Yours was not, as I demonstrated.

He's not "holding out" his contract expired so he is under absolutely no obligation to sign and play for them unless he chooses to. He can't be "canned" because he doesn't work for them, and while I can't speak for anyone else I know for a fact that if someone I didn't work for told me to get to work or else I would tell them to suck it.

When it comes down to player vs team, I usually side with the team. Maybe I'm a bit old school but, take care of this stuff in-house instead of going on tour with it. Also don't get into a Twitter war against a former player. No matter how good you think you are, you can always be better. If he holds out, it's just going to hurt himself and the team, especially with a change at OC. He also needs to realize what he has. God given ability to be good at playing a game and get paid a crazy amount of $$$ for it, and the opportunity to be part of one of the top franchises in pro sports.
Guess its easy for me to say since I don't have a vested interest in the situation.

HAHA Wes responds to Willie for what he said about him being a diva and not wanting to report to minicamp by saying the following on twitter

@williemcginest why did u ever leave the Pats and play for the Browns?

Although wilie did make a point in his rebuttal....

‏@WillieMcGinest

@WesWelker My point exactly. We're all expendable at Patriot Place

Its hard to say whose right.. Is he being a diva? NO not at all. He's being classy about it all and of course he doesn't want to miss out on camp but its the only leverage he has. Your career is always on the line in football and at any given moment you could be done. With a player of Wes caliber he deserves to have something show for it. yea ok he dropped a ball in the SB that could'be put us in better position to score. But if we didn't have him we wouldn't have even gotten that far. Every year we're always in contention for a SB. Some people just have been spoiled or jumped on the bandwagon and dont know what it feels like to lose. and that goes to all the fans saying wes stop being a bi*ch or trade him or whatever. He deserves a helluva raise and i believe that he'll get it eventually.

This really is no big deal at the present. Wes know the system so well
that as long he keeps in shape he doesn't need to show up until TC.
The PATs are probably OK with this also as it gives TB a chance to work
with new WR's a bit more.

One small positive, if any positive can come from a holdout, it might give Chad a chance to learn.

HAHA Wes responds to Willie for what he said about him being a diva and not wanting to report to minicamp by saying the following on twitter

@williemcginest why did u ever leave the Pats and play for the Browns?

Although wilie did make a point in his rebuttal....

‏@WillieMcGinest

@WesWelker My point exactly. We're all expendable at Patriot Place

Its hard to say whose right.. Is he being a diva? NO not at all. He's being classy about it all and of course he doesn't want to miss out on camp but its the only leverage he has. Your career is always on the line in football and at any given moment you could be done. With a player of Wes caliber he deserves to have something show for it. yea ok he dropped a ball in the SB that could'be put us in better position to score. But if we didn't have him we wouldn't have even gotten that far. Every year we're always in contention for a SB. Some people just have been spoiled or jumped on the bandwagon and dont know what it feels like to lose. and that goes to all the fans saying wes stop being a bi*ch or trade him or whatever. He deserves a helluva raise and i believe that he'll get it eventually.

We're talking about these guys (Patriot Heros):

837308.jpg

versus this choker:

Wes_Welker_Dropped_Pass_Catch_Fourth_Quarter_Super_Bowl_Video1.jpg

Yeah, it's time for Wes to shut up and get back to work. Maybe he'll learn how to catch a pass when it matters.

Last edited:
We're talking about these guys (Patriot Heros):

837308.jpg

versus this choker:

Wes_Welker_Dropped_Pass_Catch_Fourth_Quarter_Super_Bowl_Video1.jpg

Yeah, it's time for Wes to shut up and get back to work. Maybe he'll learn how to catch a pass when it matters.

that's a bit harsh.......welker didn't choke......the throw was off....he could have made the catch, but I don't blame him for not making it. at least no more than blaming rodney for not breaking up a pass or samuel making an INT or brady for causing a safety......

fact is that the giants have had the situational advantage at the end of the game 3 times in a row now.

Kind of a dumb question. Wes signing doesn't effect me in no way, shape, or form. I don't play for the Patriots or work for the Patriots. I am a fan. I really want him back and I'm pretty sure he will get a deal at some point. It's how this business works.

that's a bit harsh.......welker didn't choke......the throw was off....he could have made the catch, but I don't blame him for not making it. at least no more than blaming rodney for not breaking up a pass or samuel making an INT or brady for causing a safety......

fact is that the giants have had the situational advantage at the end of the game 3 times in a row now.

Harsh? Maybe. But this is the NFL, not junior high football. Welker openly admitted he choked. That play was terrible. If it hits you in the hands you netter catch it. Brady can't throw perfect passes all day especially when he's going up against one of he best defensive lines. Welker choked, he's overrated.

Harsh? Maybe. But this is the NFL, not junior high football. Welker openly admitted he choked. That play was terrible. If it hits you in the hands you netter catch it. Brady can't throw perfect passes all day especially when he's going up against one of he best defensive lines. Welker choked, he's overrated.

Shut up fool. The pass was badly thrown. Just because it hit his hands doesn't mean that the pass wasn't very hard to catch.

Like others said, you could blame anybody for the SB loss. Brady for safety and that bad pass when Welker was wide open, the entire defense for playing very bad, Hernandez and Branch for drops(the 3rd down pass hit Branch in his hands, so obviously Branch choked), even Belichick, who should have let them score right after the 2min warning, and that would have left them with 2 min to score a TD against a tired Giants defense.

Welker played a huge part in getting to the SB. He's by far the best slot receiver in the game, and if you think you will easily replace his production you must be on drugs. It took a monster final season game for Calvin Johnson, when the Packers and the Lions didn't play any defence, just to overtake Welker in yardage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents