PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Armond Armstead

Status
Not open for further replies.

iapatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Being out in the Midwest, I don't have as much access to the local Boston media as I'd like. Has anyone heard anything since he was put on PUP? Is he getting healthier? I keep thinking this can be the only explanation for BB carrying so few DTs.

Armond Armstead? Who's he?

Havent heard a thing about Armstead. I actually forgot about him. Probably not a good thing. Would be a MAJOR, MAJOR boost to get him after week 6 and plug him into the DT mix. Kelly and Wilfork are doing a great job but both are into their 30's now. Got to wonder if they can sustain it.

It's just strange to me that we find out Volmer has a "not very serious foot sprain", Amendola is getting closer to 100% and Gronkowski is getting "closer every day", but we are hearing absolutely nothing on Armstead. I understand BB runs Fort Knox when it comes to injury info, but I'd sure like to see a journalist do his/her job and get SOMETHING on Armstead.

I was just thinking about this guy. Can't wait to see what he can do for our defense.

I thought this thread was titled "Armon Arrested" for a quick second

Few are concerned about PUP and NFI players until near the time that they can come back. They won't be participating for m ore than a month, so folks don't pay much attention. We also haven't heard anything about Vereen,

On the other hand, Gronk or Amendola or Vollmer could come back any time.

I agree with the media; the priority is those players who can come back soon.

Personally, I don't focus much energy on a player who has never played in the NFL, who might be available in a month, at a position at which the current players are doing just fine.

Is he the new Adam Seward?

Last edited:
Can practice in two weeks...
Eligable to play in four...

Does anyone expect Armstead to be on the active 53 before the bye?

If so, is there any reason to believe that he would be used much, unless there is an injury?

He missed preseason and training camp.

I wonder how effective he'll be when he actually plays.

I believe that it is relevant that Armstead has had no preseason, no practice and no NFL reps.
We will question even whether Gronk will be 100% when he comes back. I think it naive to think that Armstead will just come in and play, being as effective as if he has a full preseason, and had practiced and played in the first first half of the season.

Usually if a guy can play, he can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick