PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Atonio Mafi - Round 5 - 144th overall

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Continue Adding OL Depth, Draft UCLA’s Atonio Mafi in Round 5
Ian Logue
One of New England's biggest problems last season was all the issues they had up front along the offensive line, and they appear to be focused on ensuring it's not as big of a problem in 2023.

The post Patriots Continue Adding OL Depth, Draft UCLA’s Atonio Mafi in Round 5 appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Starting some player threads to individually discuss each guy.

Not sure she can retire just based on his rookie deal, esp if they continue to live in “tax friendly” California. Maybe the six days per week is on the back burner. I will root for him considering his motivation.
Yeah. I think his rookie contract will be enough for his mom to retire in “tax friendly” California. And most likely for him to retire after his rookie contract. 5th round rookies make 4.224 mill for the top pick in the 5th round in their rookie contracts (4years). I believe Mafi will make $835k a year for 4 years, plus a signing bonus, based on his draft slot.

Yeah. I think his rookie contract will be enough for his mom to retire in “tax friendly” California. And most likely for him to retire after his rookie contract. 5th round rookies make 4.224 mill for the top pick in the 5th round in their rookie contracts (4years). I believe Mafi will make $835k a year for 4 years, plus a signing bonus, based on his draft slot.
I don’t believe his contract is fully guaranteed. He could be done after 2 years be it performance issue or something else.
That said even if he gets paid all four years he’s looking to net about $2.4M. Cost of living in Cali is one of highest in the country. Avg cost of house in Bay Area where they live is well over $1million.

Hey, this guy went to the same high school as Brady. I'm expecting him to become the GOAT offensive tackle.

According to bleacher report he arrived at ucla weighing 411 pounds o_O

Well, this is what they showed at the draft, a high school rugby game.
Fu54HLcXwAEAiYc

According to bleacher report he arrived at ucla weighing 411 pounds o_O

View attachment 51081
Dropping 80 pounds looks like dedication to me... of course, you might be posting to emphasize that people say whatever they want about pro day numbers or something
Well, this is what they showed at the draft, a high school rugby game.
Fu54HLcXwAEAiYc
Bullsh1t, this is from the upcoming Young Hulk movie.

Dayum! We might see Dante come to practice to watch. Some of our prissy D linemen like Godchualk about to be hammered into next week.

Maybe Bill Murray will turn into the Joker.

Or is he on offense now?

In TC when Godchaux is sprawled on his back after a collision and a tall, gangly guy is propelled backwards defying the laws of physics—Is it a speeding plane, a reverse Superman, or Dee Wise—we know Mr Mafi is in the house.

Mafi has incredibly bad weight issues. He didn’t get to 400+ lbs from training and working out. This girth was built on eating garbage and laziness. This doesn’t scream 53 man roster to me.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back