PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB and "The Spot"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wax Frog

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
More interesting than the comments on the spot I found his statement about the run being one of the better runs of the year from a back and saying that it was all on his own and the fact that he even made it a close call was impressive.

Bill makes reading between his lines a true joy :)

He was also mad about the replay being out

'The replay system is not working' in Patriots at Falcons game - ESPN Boston

“In that situation, you’re just playing without replay, which is the way we played for years and years. That’s what it is, but I mean, the fact we have however many zillions of dollars committed to this system and it doesn’t work, that’s a whole another discussion,” Belichick said on the “Salk and Holley” program.

See, I agree with Bill in his mentality that you have to worry about things within your control, not the things outside of it. That's the way he needs to coach his team and the mentality he needs his players to have. But I disagree that "This is the way we did it for years" because it's not 100% accurate. Since the inception of widespread replay (all turnovers, all scores, etc), I'm convinced that refs will err on the side of turnover or touchdown, knowing it can be reversed for "free" if they're wrong.

But with the system down, a call that would have been potentially called one way correctly, is intentionally called wrong because hey, it's close and it'll get fixed if we're wrong. Except without the replay, they have no choice but to stand with their incorrect on field ruling.

I'm not sure it would have changed things this past Sunday, but if the refs didn't have the benefit of replay, would they have considered that play a fumble initially? Maybe, maybe not.

My complaint is NOT with the fact that the replay system was down and couldn't be accessed at that moment. Stuff happens with technology.

My issue is that the officials should have STOPPED THE GAME UNTIL THE ISSUE WAS FIXED and THEN used the replay system.

Why the HELL couldn't they have done that? Games have been delayed before. As it turned out, the system was up and working three minutes later.

The fact that they just shrugged and went on with the game is the real scandal there.

Last edited:
My complaint is NOT with the fact that the replay system was down and couldn't be accessed at that moment. Stuff happens with technology.

My issue is that the officials should have STOPPED THE GAME UNTIL THE ISSUE WAS FIXED and then used the replay system.

Why the HELL couldn't they have done that? Games have been delayed before. As it turned out, the system was up and working three mintues later.

The fact that they just shrugged and went on with the game is the real scandal there.

Or stop the use of all technology for the rest of the game.. it is incongruous that it could be used part of the time, but not all of the time.

IF this had happened at Gillette and it was the Falcons challenge, ReplayGate would have been the story headlines and ESPN would be talking about this all week. I have not heard one conspiracy theory based on what happened.

My issue is that the officials should have STOPPED THE GAME UNTIL THE ISSUE WAS FIXED and THEN used the replay system.

Why the HELL couldn't they have done that? Games have been delayed before. As it turned out, the system was up and working three minutes later.

Right especially since I'm constantly told the NFL has no reason to want that Atlanta-Pats game to be close. None whatsoever...

Right especially since I'm constantly told the NFL has no reason to want that Atlanta-Pats game to be close. None whatsoever...

Howzitgoin, Terrell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back