PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard:Patriots fans have become the worst fanbase in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
grZAZ.gif
eh, you seem skeptical...

I think the Pats played second fiddle to the Sox even when the Pats were winning multiple SBs and setting an NFL record for consecutive wins. In the middle of all of that the airwaves here were filled with "A-Rod is coming to Boston" talk.
It's obvious, the media does not like us. Oh, they climb on board when we're winning the Super Bowl, but otherwise...

I was a huge Borges fan for many years...what's really going on with him?

Not 100% sure. It was in the late 90s that he really started to turn in to a major a-hole.

I remember a presser in which he obliterated Pom-Pom

Has this bad Pats coverage been there always?

Reason is I remember in 1976, Steve Grogan commented: the Pats are on page 3 - after the Red Sox and Celtics.
...at that time, Sox were finishing a disappointing, mediocre season, and the Celtics had let Silas go and Cowens hadn't yet left to do his cab driver stint...although, that was far more interesting than MJ's baseball turn

They need to define what makes a fanbase bad - there are lots of flavors.

Obnoxious? Remember that Raider's fan, but remember that Raven's fan in the ICU more.

Obviously to owners it's the fan base that spends the least money and stays home on game day the most.

Definitely not the Patriot fans.
I would say the Broncos' fans set the current standard for bad. Maybe it's not all their fault; it's not like they made Elway go there.

A league conspiracy? Where would we ever get that idea?

If there is a conspiracy against the Patriots, the league is doing a pretty bad job of carrying it out, since we have won one SB and were an XP away from likely competing for a second since deflategate started. If there is a league conspiracy, Butler would have been called for PI in SB 49.

Not 100% sure. It was in the late 90s that he really started to turn in to a major a-hole.

I remember a presser in which he obliterated Pom-Pom

He was a close friend of Drew's and was unhappy that he lost his job to injury. That is my recollection of why he started to hate BB

He was a close friend of Drew's and was unhappy that he lost his job to injury. That is my recollection of why he started to hate BB

Yea but he was destroying Pete in the late 90s. IMO that is when he started to turn into a d-bag

"Persecution complex"? Just like the Jews in WWII, right? Why don't they shaddap, already?

Wait...did you just compare Pats fans to holocaust survivors?

WOW. I mean, Drew's a nice guy, but damn.

If there is a conspiracy against the Patriots, the league is doing a pretty bad job of carrying it out, since we have won one SB and were an XP away from likely competing for a second since deflategate started. If there is a league conspiracy, Butler would have been called for PI in SB 49.

I guess every team lost a million dollars, two draft picks and it's starting QB for four games for an equipment violation that wasn't even remotely legitimate.

I must not be paying attention.

He just did what he had to to keep his Felger gig. Does anyone still remember when Bedard Tuesdays were followed on this site like a game day thread. I was must listen to radio. THAT's how far they've gone downhill in just a few years.

More click baiting for Felger and he basically taunts us and dares us to respond, which only plays right into his hands. When you think about it, it is just SO cynical and cheap. So all the while Felger "implies" that Brady must have done "something", when EVERY independant source knows that NOTHING happened, he must know he's just trolling us. And if his success on multiple platforms (print, radio, TV) has shown us anything TROLLING is the true path to success in the media business. Otherwise how can you explain why Gary Tanguay still has a job? :rolleyes:
Yes, some member or members (sorry to whoever it was I can't remember) used to transcribe for those of us who couldn't listen.

Holocaust victims, or those who would advocate for them. The absence of justice and, sorry, integrity, is the same.

I know you don't think Goody's persecution of the Pats and the Nazi's persecution of the Jews carries the same weight but to say the lack of justice is comparable doesn't resonate. There has to be a better comparison out there you can make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back