PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick On Vacation During Senior Bowl

I don’t think anyone is saying that but I think there is a bit of scorched earth thinking. If Brady leaves and Bill is still here then I’d love to see the team crash and burn. Serves them right.

They didn’t really crash and burn but the season without the GOAT did shine a spotlight on a deficient roster that GM Bill helped build and also showed that the all time great QB’s has more to do with the team’s success than a great coach does. Like I said before... Peyton Manning took Jim Caldwell to a SB. Caldwell is not a great or even a good coach. When Manning left... the Colts did crash and burn. Nuff said.

People are certainly saying that. I am not saying it is a majority or even a lot of the people criticizing Belichick, but it is a very vocal group.

But you are giving examples of short term success with a bad coach. A great QB can do that. I don't you could have twenty years of success with just a great QB and a horrible coach. You need both especially before they changed the rules to make this league more QB centric which covers the first part of the Patriots' dynasty.

And I fully admit that Belichick the GM is nowhere the GM that Belichick is as a head coach. There has been periods of time where he has been a genius as a GM, but there has been others when he was awful. I think early in the Belichick era he was a genius, but I think that was in part that he was doing things different. The Pats were one of the only 3-4 defenses left in the early 2000s. He was looking for seasoned veterans who may not be superstars, but were talented, worked hard, were smart, and would put team first. Also the league was more defensive focused so all he really needed to do was build a great defense and an efficient offense which played into his strengths on personnel decisions. He made stars out of casts offs and lower tiered players that many thought were not worth the roster spot or done for their careers.

Once teams started to copy him and other teams took his staff, it made it far harder on him. I think it reflected in at least a lot of his personnel decisions.

Brissett, Fitz or Cam are our targets most likely.
If so that has to be paired with a good QB prospect who can be named the starter at any time. We know now for sure Stidham is not that.

A certain crowd here doesn't let facts get in the way of their BB hating.
Meh. An even bigger crowd thinks the guy walks on water and shot out of a virgin’s snatch almost 70 years ago.

A couple of years ago I had a chance to talk to the kid that works on Felger and Mazz, Jim Murray. It was during my talk radio sabbatical and he asked me why I didn't listen. I told him that sports talk around here is too negative and didn't cover national sports enough. That hasn't changed.
Pardon my French, but who gives a **** about national sports?

Go live outside of NE for as long as I have, and you'll be Dying to hear more local sports soon enough.

over the years, the conversations here have beat the hell out of any sportstalk radio i have listened to........i haven't listened in years, outside the occasional NFL Network on Sirius.....but I'd assume it's the same, or worse

over the years, the conversations here have beat the hell out of any sportstalk radio i have listened to........i haven't listened in years, outside the occasional NFL Network on Sirius.....but I'd assume it's the same, or worse
The quality of the conversations during Moving the Chains is much better than at any other time on the radio.

Last edited:
A common myth among Brady fanboys.
Show me one negative or critical thing you’ve ever said about Bill. Either as a GM or as a coach. Just one. And for the record, suck on Page 1, post #20...

It’s not a big deal. He met with Mac Jones this week and he’ll have tape of it that he can evaluate. Hell, he may even be able to watch the game on the boat he’s on.

Most of this fan base has a "what have you done for me lately" mentality...

SIRIUS radios NFL Network, real football talk especially Moving the Chains at 3:00pm with Pat Kirwan.
Miller and Kirwan are the best. I’m not sure how Weis still has a job on that network, though. Between him talking over and yelling at callers, constantly breathing out of his mouth into the mic, and all of the obvious times that he sucks spit back in out of the corners of his mouth, he’s horrible on the radio.

Pardon my French, but who gives a **** about national sports?

Go live outside of NE for as long as I have, and you'll be Dying to hear more local sports soon enough.
You said a swear word. I'm tellin'. :)

I'd actually be fine with coverage of both local and national sports but here we get neither.

Miller and Kirwan are the best. I’m not sure how Weis still has a job on that network, though. Between him talking over and yelling at callers, constantly breathing out of his mouth into the mic, and all of the obvious times that he sucks spit back in out of the corners of his mouth, he’s horrible on the radio.
Ugh, you just brought back memories of him on the sidelines. I don't know how people don't notice this on their mouth. Always grossed me out.

Ugh, you just brought back memories of him on the sidelines. I don't know how people don't notice this on their mouth. Always grossed me out.
Getting Gastric Bypass and actually getting fatter afterward should be recognized as some type of accomplishment.

I read somewhere only a few coaches go outside the ones coaching game...and each team can send like 10 people to sit in STANDS.... in other words, nothing to see here. Send BB the tape

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back