PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2024 WR/PTP Thread

Franklin is really interesting. Would love to hear more on him. He fell down a lot catching passes at the combine which tells me his balance isn't that great, and he may not be able to make crisp moves in his routes. His speed is pretty good at 4.41 and he seems to have good burst, he highpoints the ball. His body is weird at 6'3" 180, but he's broad shouldered and built up top
He just turned 21 in February so he's someone who probably will take a year to be ready for a full time roll.

I'm a bit worried that we seem to be setting ourselves up to draft a big X receiver in the draft as I'm not in love with the options at 34. I hope we don't end up with Coleman, Walker or Legette. I like more of the Z guys - McConkey, Macmillan, Burton, Wilson, Pearsall outside of the 1st round.
Is Rome Odunze, a classic and impactful X, more important to this team than a shiny new first-round QB? No one will say Yes.

But I am not sure. This team has been handicapped for years for a legitimate X receiver to take the top off the offense.

But Corky lacks the arm strength, something obvious at his pro day. Remember BB scowling?

And baring a minor miracle, BoneyT is our second round bust.

McDermott at LT and Reager at X is going to give Jacoby dreams of retirement.

I watched a video showing Rattler’s highlights. Legette really stood out. Big, powerful, and explosive. Also could jump when high pointing and is a hands catcher. 34 might be too early for him, but I’d be excited if we can get him later.

I watched a video showing Rattler’s highlights. Legette really stood out. Big, powerful, and explosive. Also could jump when high pointing and is a hands catcher. 34 might be too early for him, but I’d be excited if we can get him later.
Holy crap your avatar!

LSU pro day updates; Part Deux … Interesting that neither of LSU top ten prospects Jayden Daniels nor Malik Nabers opted to get measured at the combine. Today, Nabers measured in at 6-3.5, 210, which is a little on the light side, but hardly a deal breaker. Nabers, meanwhile, came in at 6-0, 200. Nabers then went on to put on an athletic show during the physical testing posting a 42-inch vertical and a 10-9 long jump and then punctuated it with what was being reported as a 40 clocking in the 4.35-4.40 range, although the school later credited him with a 4.34 time. Whatever, its plenty fast!

Mr Nabers say hello people.
Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Legette really stood out. Big, powerful, and explosive. Also could jump when high pointing and is a hands catcher. 34 might be too early for him, but I’d be excited if we can get him later.
No, it’s not. He’s my receiver #4. 4.39. Alpha dog. Elite stop start ability. He’s a first-rounder.

A faster AJ Brown.

No, it’s not. He’s my receiver #4. 4.39. Alpha dog. Elite stop start ability. He’s a first-rounder.

A faster AJ Brown.
How the heck did I miss his measurables? You're spot on.

Edit: Which is funny because I posted this 4 months ago:

Edit: Info maybe only of interest to me (to look back months/years from now), but frame by frame analysis, I roughly get 265 steps per minute at 7.4' per step, which is exactly 22.28mph, so it checks out. This guy might be my new draft Beankie [not anymore because he's easily 1st round which is against Beankieism], assuming he tests poorly. If he's in the 4.3x, then it'll be "the next DK" all over the place.

Last edited:
C'mon DB: Parker - Thornton and Boutte are are all garbage players no thanks. They are Rookies in this current Draft that are better than them I have absolutely no hope for Boney Thornton.

There is absolutely no hope for you. It's f'in hilarious how quickly you whine about players.

You were one of the fools screaming for the Pats to ditch Edelman after 2 years. It took him 5 to be the player he was.

Just block me already. So that you don't have to reply to anything I post..

I'm a bit worried that we seem to be setting ourselves up to draft a big X receiver in the draft as I'm not in love with the options at 34. I hope we don't end up with Coleman, Walker or Legette. I like more of the Z guys - McConkey, Macmillan, Burton, Wilson, Pearsall outside of the 1st round.

If the Pats haven't drafted an OT by 34, taking a WR is an absolute waste of draft resources and the team will suck again.

If the Pats haven't drafted an OT by 34, taking a WR is an absolute waste of draft resources and the team will suck again.

"And the team will suck again" is not a reason to skip taking a WR. I happen to agree wiith you on your post, but the team is going to suck with or without a LT or WR. There are lots of evaluations of Maye and McCarthy, but one opinion is that both have to sit for at least one year. That means we will be led by Jacobi Brisset which means we are going to suck again. We can pick the LT or WR again in 2025 before Maye or McCarthy start an NFL game.

A faster AJ Brown.
His athletism is off the charts but I liken him more as a Dk Metcalf more than AJ Brown. AJ ran really nice routes in college. Either way, he’s intriguing as a weapon for an offense. Just weird that his first 4 years is almost a blank sheet of paper. Anyone know his story? Injuries? Playing time etc?

AJ Brown ran NFL routes before he got to the NFL and his separation was evident which any scout with half a brain could see. Except ours and a couple of others

Our scouts saw it. BB relied on McDaniels input to not draft Brown. Which was the downfall. He did the same with Jackson and Maroney.

I liked Burks a lot more than I liked Leggette coming out, but I seem to be wrong on him. Injuries and maybe the offense? Or maybe he was just over drafted?

We certainly could use a big threat with speed, could be a steal. But why the break out in the 5th year? What happened before that? Did coaches not see his potential? Doghouse? Injuries?

If the Pats don't trade down and add another draft pick so they can take an OT prior to taking a WR, then what's the point. They'll not have a LT to protect the blindside unless a miracle happens

"And the team will suck again" is not a reason to skip taking a WR. I happen to agree wiith you on your post, but the team is going to suck with or without a LT or WR. There are lots of evaluations of Maye and McCarthy, but one opinion is that both have to sit for at least one year. That means we will be led by Jacobi Brisset which means we are going to suck again. We can pick the LT or WR again in 2025 before Maye or McCarthy start an NFL game.

Not drafting a OT in the 1st two rounds is, quite literally, telling the fans, the players on the roster and the players around the league that you're not serious about improving the team. Waiting a year and wasting the time of all the current players is a slap in the face to them

Saying that they can "just pick another OT in 2025" is saying that you're not to be taken seriously.

Getting Brissett killed (figuratively speaking) is a sure fire way to NOT get Free Agents to come here.

Our scouts saw it. BB relied on McDaniels input to not draft Brown. Which was the downfall. He did the same with Jackson and Maroney.

If the Pats don't trade down and add another draft pick so they can take an OT prior to taking a WR, then what's the point. They'll not have a LT to protect the blindside unless a miracle happens
You got any guys in mind at the 34 spot for tackle? If you trade back who’s the target? I know it always depends on who’s available.

Obviously if the Pats take a trade with the Giants your to land Alt maybe. If they they take the “alleged” Viking deal then possibly Fashanu or Fautanu, maybe Latham if they like him are in play. Who are others in the first round? Mims, Morgan, Fuaga, Guyton seem like guys between that 15-30 range according to the mocks anyway.

Not sure if you meant trade down, draft a qb or trade down get your qb and picks and get the tackle.

If Keon Coleman (Mr 4.61) is drafted before Xavier Legette, it’ll be N’Keal Harry>AJ Brown all over again. Stop watching the highlight reels and watch the player, scouts.

Since Coleman gets little separation and has elite body control, that’s pretty much all he has. But it won’t work against pro CBs nearly as much.

Not drafting a OT in the 1st two rounds is, quite literally, telling the fans, the players on the roster and the players around the league that you're not serious about improving the team. Waiting a year and wasting the time of all the current players is a slap in the face to them

Saying that they can "just pick another OT in 2025" is saying that you're not to be taken seriously.

Getting Brissett killed (figuratively speaking) is a sure fire way to NOT get Free Agents to come here.
Had they signed a stop gap like T Smith, I’d say go with WR. But they didn’t so now we’re here.

There’s some players outside of the first 2 rounds that could pan out. My personal favorite is Christian Jones out of Texas. Then you got Paul and Fisher. However it’s always a risk thinking they are just going to step in and play LT at a NFL level and not something you want to pin your QB’s health on.

There could still be some really good Wr’s in that 3rd round like Baker. Or they could trade up if they were so inclined.

WR/PTP

Will definitely add but need to get it out. Just very busy. Have these made up for the most part by July by just been really busy w a lot going on. Been on Coleman.

Tier 1A
Marvin Harrison Jr - 6'4/ 205 - OSU

Malik Nabers - 6'/195 - LSU

Keon Coleman - 6'4/215 - FSU

Rome Odunze - 6'2/220 - Washington

Tier 1B
Brian Thomas - 6'4/205 - LSU

Malachi Corley - 5'11/210 - Western Kentucky

Ja'lynn Polk - 6'2/205 - Washington

Roman Wilson - 5'10/190 - Michigan

Xavier Worthy - 6'/190 - Texas

Adonai Mitchell - 6'4/190 - Texas

Emeka Egbuka - 6'1/205 - OSU

Troy Franklin- 6'2/180 - Oregon

Xavier Legette - 6'3/225 - South Carolina

Jacob Cowing - 5'8/165 - Arizona

Ladd McConkey - 5'11/185 - Georgia

Jermaine Burton - 6'/190 - Alabama

Tier 2A
Antwane Wells Jr - 6'1/210 - South Carolina

Tory Horton - 6'1/190 - CU ST

Ricky Persall - 6'/190 - Florida

Devontez Walker - 6'1/200 - UNC

Jamari Thrash - 6'/180 - Louisville

Tier 2B
Tre Harris - 6'1/205 - Ole Miss

Dorian Singer - 6'/180 - USC

J Michael Sturdivant - 6'3/205 - UCLA

Bru McCoy - 6'2/215 - Tennessee

Moose Muhammad - 6'1/205 - TAMU

De'Corian Clark - 6'2/210 - UTSA

Johnny Wilson - 6'7/235 - FSU

Tier 3
Tahj Washington - 5'10/175 - USC

Jalen McMillan - 6'/190 - Washington

Jimmy Horn Jr - 5'10/170 - Colorado

Julian Fleming - 6'2/205 - OSU

Mario Williams - 5'9/180 - USC

Isaiah Neyor - 6'3/200 - Texas

Dominic Lovett - 5'10/190 - Georgia

DeQuan Felton - 6'4/215 - VA Tech

Tier 4
Keandre Lambert-Smith - 6'/180 - PSU

Luke McCaffrey - 6'1/195 - Rice

Zachari Franklin - 6'/190 - Ole Miss

Cornelius Johnson - 6'2/215 - Michigan

Oronde Gadsden - 6'5/215 - Syracuse

Beaux Collins - 6'2/210 - Clemson

Ali Jennings - 6'2/215 - VA Tech
With the benefit of a full college season, bowls, combine and pro days having passed since you put this list together - what adjustments to your rankings would you make now?

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back