PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2024 WR/PTP Thread

I haven't really looked at Penix, but getting him and Odunze might not be the worst idea. They have 2 years of practice and game reps together, and it could be similar to a Burrow/Chase dynamic and the only somewhat realistic option for drafting a QB/WR combo besides Nix/Franklin.
Polk and McMillan are good too in Washington very Draftable players. I really like Penix Jr.

I know People love Harrison Jr but I wouldn't take him at 2 or 3. This WR class is just too Strong that would not be wise. There's going be some Solid WRs at the Top of Round 2. We First grab the QB then a WR.
I don’t even know you.
How You Doin Kiss GIF

Pieces Our 2024 Offense is on this Field Tonight on Both Teams.

Normally I pay attention to very few people/media when it comes to football in general.There's a tremendous amount of group think out there. I don't have the time with work, life and like to make up my own mind. For better or worse. Anyway I've been extra secluded when it comes to opinions, hype or narratives. Like unbelievable alone besides 1-2 people I get tape off who happen to be fans. This includes the Pats. So I really don't know who "likes" who. Who wants "who" gone or back. I'm out of the loop save for watching the games. It's been tough a lot of personal **** going on and a lot of working weekends so I've been just focusing on watching 5 college and 5 NFL games a week. I'm just trying to "be back" and post.

One fella I really like who's well known is Rome Odunze. His profile is intriguing and has everything you want to see. He looks like a WR1, high-end WR2 worse case.

6'3 215, 21(time of draft/on draft day, months away from MHJ) 19 years old when he "brokeout." Earlier is better when it comes to production. And he has actual production - last two years (151 rec 2573 yds 20 TD avg 15.3 & 17.6 per rec) Track & field background with a title at 200m & 4X100 relay. 10.67 100m. Supposedly ran a high 4.3 with a 37 vert 10-1 jump with a plus agility score. If he post those #'s he'll absolutely solidify himself as WR2 A/B with Nabers.

Plus tracking ability - hes patient, aware of his surroundings, doesnt panic under pressure, times up the ball well and adjustments/body control are plus. Contested machine. He's made big jumps recently and this has been a big area of improvement over the last few years. Does a great job using his body to shield defenders on fades go and slants. Stacks, shields and creates space with his physicality and route savvy.

Changes direction very smoothly for 210-215 ish. Very fluid.Can adjust mid route, make you miss off the line with some wiggle. Has to develop his hands more in this particular area for sure. You can play him all over which is a very good thing imo but will need to develop his hands off the line if he wants to play X full-time. That may be taking away from his package though as again he can play Z or slot as well. Good footwork balance and twitch off the line but can improve there bigger longer corners (Gonzo gave him lots of trouble in college) will give him problems.

Has the confidence and attitude you want from that position. Hes a dawg with WR1 mindset. Has the size & wingspan you want from a boundary with some real twitch combined with a long stride length. Has some hops. He's got the boundary prototype you want.

Not so much a big YAC threat but he's really developed in certain areas so he's definitely not a finished package. There's a lot of room for improvement imo. And he's shown hes capable of making big strides already. He's got some value there imo. Great feel for space and separation. He's very good at find soft spots in zone. Very comfortable sitting with defenders around him. Can catch through contact. Smart knows and understands what defenders are tasked with and uses that info accordingly. Makes good adjustments mid-top off his route. He's not very "explosive" but does everything at a top speed and again is fluid in his movements.

Like 90% of his recs are 1st Downs or TDs. His YPR is up there with anyone who's anyone coming out. He gives you explosive plays (15-20 chunks)

He played hurt most of the season but punctured a lung vs Arizona. Didn't miss a game. Next game after bye, vs Oregon he went off for 8/128/2 including the game winning TD.

He's a nice blend of Courtland Sutton and AJ Brown. Odunze is 6'3 is, Sutton is 6'4 and Brown is 6'1. Very similar play styles imo.

I've been a big Penix fan along the years. Reminds me of McNair, Favre, Big Ben, Palmer. Big tough guys that will put there body on the line. Not duel threats but can move a little. Elongated delivery but he makes it work. Very smart tough well respected. Played behind a monster OL though so I'm not sure how he'd hold up with an average one and how he would look. If he could improve in a few areas (processing post snap) stay healthy he's a hell of a leader and QB. This is an interesting class but some teams will fall in love with him.

Normally I pay attention to very few people/media when it comes to football in general.There's a tremendous amount of group think out there. I don't have the time with work, life and like to make up my own mind. For better or worse. Anyway I've been extra secluded when it comes to opinions, hype or narratives. Like unbelievable alone besides 1-2 people I get tape off who happen to be fans. This includes the Pats. So I really don't know who "likes" who. Who wants "who" gone or back. I'm out of the loop save for watching the games. It's been tough a lot of personal **** going on and a lot of working weekends so I've been just focusing on watching 5 college and 5 NFL games a week. I'm just trying to "be back" and post.

One fella I really like who's well known is Rome Odunze. His profile is intriguing and has everything you want to see. He looks like a WR1, high-end WR2 worse case.

6'3 215, 21(time of draft/on draft day, months away from MHJ) 19 years old when he "brokeout." Earlier is better when it comes to production. And he has actual production - last two years (151 rec 2573 yds 20 TD avg 15.3 & 17.6 per rec) Track & field background with a title at 200m & 4X100 relay. 10.67 100m. Supposedly ran a high 4.3 with a 37 vert 10-1 jump with a plus agility score. If he post those #'s he'll absolutely solidify himself as WR2 A/B with Nabers.

Plus tracking ability - hes patient, aware of his surroundings, doesnt panic under pressure, times up the ball well and adjustments/body control are plus. Contested machine. He's made big jumps recently and this has been a big area of improvement over the last few years. Does a great job using his body to shield defenders on fades go and slants. Stacks, shields and creates space with his physicality and route savvy.

Changes direction very smoothly for 210-215 ish. Very fluid.Can adjust mid route, make you miss off the line with some wiggle. Has to develop his hands more in this particular area for sure. You can play him all over which is a very good thing imo but will need to develop his hands off the line if he wants to play X full-time. That may be taking away from his package though as again he can play Z or slot as well. Good footwork balance and twitch off the line but can improve there bigger longer corners (Gonzo gave him lots of trouble in college) will give him problems.

Has the confidence and attitude you want from that position. Hes a dawg with WR1 mindset. Has the size & wingspan you want from a boundary with some real twitch combined with a long stride length. Has some hops. He's got the boundary prototype you want.

Not so much a big YAC threat but he's really developed in certain areas so he's definitely not a finished package. There's a lot of room for improvement imo. And he's shown hes capable of making big strides already. He's got some value there imo. Great feel for space and separation. He's very good at find soft spots in zone. Very comfortable sitting with defenders around him. Can catch through contact. Smart knows and understands what defenders are tasked with and uses that info accordingly. Makes good adjustments mid-top off his route. He's not very "explosive" but does everything at a top speed and again is fluid in his movements.

Like 90% of his recs are 1st Downs or TDs. His YPR is up there with anyone who's anyone coming out. He gives you explosive plays (15-20 chunks)

He played hurt most of the season but punctured a lung vs Arizona. Didn't miss a game. Next game after bye, vs Oregon he went off for 8/128/2 including the game winning TD.

He's a nice blend of Courtland Sutton and AJ Brown. Odunze is 6'3 is, Sutton is 6'4 and Brown is 6'1. Very similar play styles imo.
Please Post Brother post. :)

I've been a big Penix fan along the years. Reminds me of McNair, Favre, Big Ben, Palmer. Big tough guys that will put there body on the line. Not duel threats but can move a little. Elongated delivery but he makes it work. Very smart tough well respected. Played behind a monster OL though so I'm not sure how he'd hold up with an average one and how he would look. If he could improve in a few areas (processing post snap) stay healthy he's a hell of a leader and QB. This is an interesting class but some teams will fall in love with him.
It's said he has done something in College that only one other player have done named Mahomes. Great point about him needing a good OL he might have some escape ability though. Penix is a mature prospect and he's tough.

Malachi Corley from Western Kentucky (think Deebo with the tenacity of a Steve smith)
I agree, Ras, regarding Malachi Corley. I can see MC going early, like the second round. He has talent, is built to survive nfl hits, and is supremely competitive. Albeit, I only saw it in one bowl game. Dude’s going to shine. From Zappe’s old school.

Plus, I want to hear “Hammer Time” played after he scores a TD in Foxboro. That’ll be fun.

Last edited:
@State what do you think of Ladd McConkey?? Do we have him in Pop are should we just double the pleasure??

@BaconGrundleCandy I was downplaying Rome O a bit with other Talents they have @ WR but he really good in his own right.

Glad to see you back. I don't always agree with your takes, but I respect your body of work as a whole. You do your homework. Going to be an interesting off season.

I'm surprised that you see him as tough. Maybe in the sense he gets hit hard. I've been watching him bail out and panic a lot in the last few weeks before last night.

One thing I saw from Polk last night is that he adjusted well and made a nice catch, but after a nifty move to break away from his guy, he had a clear path to the end zone with at least 3 yards separation from the help defender chasing him down.

He didn't make it to the end zone. That doesn't speak well to his speed at all. I was shocked he was hauled down.

One thing I saw from Polk last night is that he adjusted well and made a nice catch, but after a nifty move to break away from his guy, he had a clear path to the end zone with at least 3 yards separation from the help defender chasing him down.

He didn't make it to the end zone. That doesn't speak well to his speed at all. I was shocked he was hauled down.
He's probably our guy then.

I'm surprised that you see him as tough.
This one isn't hard.

ACL, AC-joint Shoulder, ACL, Shoulder injuries. Back to back to back to back. After never being injured in HS. You know how much mental and physical stress that takes on you as an athlete/person?? Transferring schools and making a bigger name for himself after those injuries? That's only some of it. Thats a lot of mental and physical toughness. Especially when you factor in rehab and PT to get stronger.

He's a tough young man for sure

I would love if we got Pennix Jr - Polk and McMillan. :cool:

I would love if we got Pennix Jr - Polk and McMillan. :cool:
What impressed you about Polk trying to get to the end zone with a gigantic head start?

Also, don't forget: B12 teams don't play defense. This is why so many WRs coming out of the B12 end up as busts (Reagor/Thornton).

What impressed you about Polk trying to get to the end zone with a gigantic head start?

Also, don't forget: B12 teams don't play defense. This is why so many WRs coming out of the B12 end up as busts (Reagor/Thornton).
Him and McMillan work well with a #1 type like Rome O also the D gets paid to play too.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back