PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick’s empire has fallen. How will the Patriots pick up the pieces?

Imagine being a second year player and revolting against your coaches who have a very long track record of success at the highest levels. And all at the expense of your own career.

While i agree that is what made the pats so much fun to watch the past 20 years i feel putting it all on Brady is disrespectful to alot of other great players. Willie sitting at the front of the locker room clocking when people checked in, Bruschi being a star LB when he didnt have elite traits, Rodney setting the tone on the field with monster hits, hell even Mankins made sure people knew you crossed a line he might pull a shiv on you. Later years had Hightower, who quieter then Willie had that same intensity, Gilmore bought in and went from a good player to DPOY with Bill. I could keep going but that list is 20 players more then just Brady which is my point.

Who do the current players have? Andrews? Bentley? Slater? None of the leaders on the team strike me as the guy to enforce the coaches message. I feel like Henry and Mac should be that guy but just isnt. There Is not that on field proof that putting in the work leads to on field results. They definitely need a Brain Cox moment that unites the team and sets a tone. All i see is some talented guys going thru the motions collecting paychecks. Which leads to some boring undisciplined football i have not been enjoying that has nothing to do with thier record. I can get behind a bunch of guys trying thier best and not quite being good enough. Its the apperance of not giving a crap that has lead me to turning off 4 games the past two years something i had never done previously.
You said what I've been trying to say, it was a lot of great role players, great coach and the best QB ever to play. All the ingredients came together.

Imagine being a second year player and revolting against your coaches who have a very long track record of success at the highest levels. And all at the expense of your own career.
Revolting!?! What a load of bs. He asked someone outside the team for help. How often does Bill "revolt" when he calls one of his bum chums outside the team?

You said what I've been trying to say, it was a lot of great role players, great coach and the best QB ever to play. All the ingredients came together.
Nobody's saying that they don't need more than a QB. What we're saying now is that Bill is doing a piss poor job and needs to go. And his own philosophy with players has always been better too early than too late. That sounds about right for him also.

Last edited:
The National Hate BB Corps has had a George Soros-funded flare to it starting well before this season. The Washington Compost having an article posted on this forum does nothing to dispel that thought.
I understand the National Hate BB Corps, but its exceedingly disappointing to see the local pundits and Patriot fans (sic) jumping on that bandwagon.

Revolting!?! What a load of bs. He asked someone outside the team for help. How often does Bill "revolt" when he calls one of his bum chums outside the team?
Revolt maybe was the wrong word. But he shorted himself by not buying in.

The Emperor always Strikes Back

Bill's empire crumbled when he let Tom go. He had Franchise QB for 20 years. 20 years! It's not easy finding a Franchise QB and all coaches have a hard time winning without that. Both Mike Shanahan and Andy Reid took 7 years to win a playoff game.

With that said, we will continue to see mediocrity at best until Bob makes the tough decision to clean house. Bill refuses to draft talent players, the front office is non existent and the coaching staff is dysfunctional - and we better not see McDaniels return.

No one is complaining that the Patriots haven’t won a Super Bowl since 2018. That would be ridiculous. The overarching theme is that the Patriots will not even face the right direction towards contending for a Super Bowl with management continuing to show extraordinary stubbornness and arrogance, in addition to their clueless player evaluations.
Agreed. What I believe is that most of us figured with the ownership that we have and the stability we have had for so long. That the organization would have been better prepared for post brady. We all knew it would be different, going 7-9 in 2020 comparable to now wasn't all that bad. Heck if we were in the NFC then we'd hand been a be a play off team! I believe alot of decisions were left up to BB.. yes RK signs off.. but we know he let BB handle alot of the roster decisions. Regressed the last 2 seasons and thus here we are.

OXBOROUGH, Mass. — The six Super Bowl banners are pinned to the wall of the south end of Gillette Stadium, directly in sightline from the entrance under the replica lighthouse. They intend to demonstrate the majesty of the New England Patriots. They hang there now as vestiges of a bygone season, like brown leaves falling in Massachusetts autumn.
Wonderful analogy…so long as you think six Lombardis are as plentiful, cheap and easily collected as leaves in the Fall.
For the rest of us who are capable of rational thought, an utter failure.

This is a pretty bad indictment on "bill the GM" been a decade since we signed an early round pick to a 2nd deal.

Teams generally build by ya know drafting and keeping young talent

This is a pretty bad indictment on "bill the GM" been a decade since we signed an early round pick to a 2nd deal.

I’d like to see Dugger, Onwenu @ RT and Jennings back in a bigger role. No reason to bring Uche back unless it’s at a massive discount. He just doesn’t fit this defense. I could see him being a very good player on a team that will utilize his skill set which makes it even more confusing as to why we didn’t trade and get compensation for him.

I’d like to see Dugger, Onwenu @ RT and Jennings back in a bigger role. No reason to bring Uche back unless it’s at a massive discount. He just doesn’t fit this defense. I could see him being a very good player on a team that will utilize his skill set which makes it even more confusing as to why we didn’t trade and get compensation for him.
Uche kinda sucks and every other trans knows it. He is a liability when not rushing the passer. He has never developed in any other role.
He had a run of 10 sacks in 6 games, because of Judon and a blitzing scheme that left him one on one and otherwise has 7.5 sacks in 36 career games. A month and a half of opportunism is not a good player.

He also did not hide his lack of respect for the coaches.

Something you missed is that when Bill calls his buddies he is not going over his boss’s boss’s head, or doing an end run around his bosses and their boss.

Zack anwers his own question in his article. Bill hasn't signed anyone because they weren't any good. Thuney was the only worthy player to get an extension, but would you really want to tie up a lot of money to a G on a bad team? Thuney made the right choice rejecting Bill and going to KC.

Assuming Bill is unfortunately still around, would he pay Dugger at least $13M-$14M per year?

Bill has been very bad at drafting since Floyd Reese left the building.

Last edited:
Revolt maybe was the wrong word. But he shorted himself by not buying in.
Buying into what? A ticket on the Titanic??? This Team is a shell and Mac Jones is only a small part of it. Keep the coach, fire the GM. That’s a start.

Buying into what? A ticket on the Titanic??? This Team is a shell and Mac Jones is only a small part of it. Keep the coach, fire the GM. That’s a start.
He openly did not like Bill's choice for OC after Josh left. And I think he could of hired a high school and Mac should of just fell in line that's what he's paid to do nevermind the 6 rings that he should just follow anywhere. But apparently Mac knew better and I guess he was right and look where it got him he sucks anyways.

And honestly to top that off … other teams have done it sporadically over a two three year period, the Pats did it for 20. So here we are , expecting it to last another 20… it’s like that great dream you wake up from and try falling asleep again trying to continue it … never happens. I’m gonna enjoy this era of whatever happens … happens.

And this right here is why he is forced to overpay in FA for bums like Parker and JuJu. Good to very great picks on a sweetheart deal make a huge difference.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back