PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady unretirement speculation

As much as I'd like to see what Brady would do with a WR like Tyreek Hill (one of the most electric ever) and Waddle who is very very good as well, I think this unretirement speculation is purely for clicks, ad revenue, etc.

Looks like that closes the door on Miami he does come back. I'm ok with that.
The only opportunity for Brady to return in 2023 is back to Tampa Bay. The rest of the league has shut the door on him returning. It's May, teams already are far into their 2023 preparation, so there's no waiting around for a 46-year-old retired quarterback.

Tampa Bay is locked down for a season with that $35 mil dead cap hit so they would be wise to tank it in 2023. However, they would welcome Brady back for another season if he wanted to return because it's great for business. I'm certain he's not interested though. I think toilet bowles had Brady contemplating suicide last season.

The only opportunity for Brady to return in 2023 is back to Tampa Bay. The rest of the league has shut the door on him returning. It's May, teams already are far into their 2023 preparation, so there's no waiting around for a 46-year-old retired quarterback.
You're right, it's May. So we have no idea who will need a QB come October/November. Hypothetically speaking, you don't think the 7-2 49ers who just lost Purdy for the season would gladly bring in Brady if he was willing?

I don't think he is coming back, but expect the rumors to last for months.

You're right, it's May. So we have no idea who will need a QB come October/November. Hypothetically speaking, you don't think the 7-2 49ers who just lost Purdy for the season would gladly bring in Brady if he was willing?

I don't think he is coming back, but expect the rumors to last for months.
He'll be 46 by October. It didn't really hurt his game much, other than he may have been deferring to the quick routes a half second earlier, but you could see his mobility had diminished some last season. Brady would have to be full-go training between now and October to be ready to join a team midseason. That's not going to be the case. It's over. Or like I said, the only scenario left is returning to the Bucs for one more season (which is less than 5% possible).

He'll be 46 by October. It didn't really hurt his game much, other than he may have been deferring to the quick routes a half second earlier, but you could see his mobility had diminished some last season. Brady would have to be full-go training between now and October to be ready to join a team midseason. That's not going to be the case. It's over. Or like I said, the only scenario left is returning to the Bucs for one more season (which is less than 5% possible).
It's Tom Brady. Guy played QB for almost a quarter century. It would all come back to him very quickly and very easily.

It's Tom Brady. Guy played QB for almost a quarter century. It would all come back to him very quickly and very easily.
The mental part maybe.

But how quick do you think a 46 year old could get back into football shape physically?

It hardly came easy last season. I know the divorce ****ed with his head and caused him to loss a lot of weight but he looked completely miserable on that team last season. He didn't want to play for them in the first place but he had to because they wouldn't let him out of his contract. I'm sure he ultimately went into it with the best intensions but by the end of October he knew it was hopeless. O-line was riddled with injuries, running game massively sucked, Godwin wasn't himself, Evans forgot how to catch a pass, no Gronk, and that ****ing imbecile for a head coach. Brady was completely drained by the end of the season. It was 2019 x10. He's not coming back again.

The mental part maybe.

But how quick do you think a 46 year old could get back into football shape physically?
Whose to say he isn't keeping his football shape up?

The Bucs OL was even worse then the Patriots. If you put him behind an average line or better he could still produce. The problem with him returning somewhere with no training camp or in-season with after an injury somewhere is that he's very dependent upon timing and rapport with his skill players and even his line for making adjustments to the blocking schemes.

If he had gone straight to the Raiders, Titans, Fins...I think he would have had another MVP worthy season with a deep playoff run. Since he didn't do that it's time to let it go........queue Elsa.

It hardly came easy last season. I know the divorce ****ed with his head and caused him to loss a lot of weight but he looked completely miserable on that team last season. He didn't want to play for them in the first place but he had to because they wouldn't let him out of his contract. I'm sure he ultimately went into it with the best intensions but by the end of October he knew it was hopeless. O-line was riddled with injuries, running game massively sucked, Godwin wasn't himself, Evans forgot how to catch a pass, no Gronk, and that ****ing imbecile for a head coach. Brady was completely drained by the end of the season. It was 2019 x10. He's not coming back again.
He's not coming back for Tampa. But I think he would for Miami or San Fran. All of those issues are gone now.

He's not coming back for Tampa. But I think he would for Miami or San Fran. All of those issues are gone now.
I agree. There's no way he goes back to Tampa. Miami and SF are perfect candidates if their QBs get injured.

I don't think Shanahan wants Brady. If he did then Brady might be there right now. The 49ers would have to burn through Lance, Purdy and probably Darnold before Brady would even enter Shanahan's mind. Brady to SF has a very, very low percentage.

Miami may be more realistic, if only because their starter Tua has very little chance of making it through the season healthy. Looks like Mike White will be their QB2 and he's looked serviceable at times with a below average Jets offense. Skylar Thompson is a waste of time. It's still unlikely that an opportunity will present itself for Brady in Miami, and even if it does, he will have to keep himself in playing shape so he's ready to go right away. That's a big ask for a 46-year-old who looked burnt out by the end of last season.

I wouldn’t want to see Brady in Miami tbh because Patriots but man with those weapons and the extra game he’d have a real shot at breaking Fiveheads season passing records.

Do get my hopes up like this

It is just me or is anyone else completely disinterested in what Brady does with himself off a football field? Every time he answers a question about unretiring he's got to go through a long list of other things he's doing instead... being a dad, broadcasting, various business ventures, etc... I'm tired of hearing about it. He needs to just say toilet bowles sucked every last ounce of football life out of him and he's not unretiring ever again.

It is just me or is anyone else completely disinterested in what Brady does with himself off a football field? Every time he answers a question about unretiring he's got to go through a long list of other things he's doing instead... being a dad, broadcasting, various business ventures, etc... I'm tired of hearing about it. He needs to just say toilet bowles sucked every last ounce of football life out of him and he's not unretiring ever again.

…then don’t watch the video/read the article? This isn’t 1984 and you’re being herded into your mandatory daily Brady update.

Glad he's coming to Foxboro to celebrate his career as a Patriot. Sign him for a day, retire him and unveil the statue!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back