PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: Diggs traded to Texans

Does this put Buffalo firmly in the camp of trying to trade up for a WR?

Plus this looks to be Buffalo's retool year. They still have Josh Allen, the same OL, and a lot of the same Defense so they'll still be competitive, but are taking huge hits in 2024 to have a LOT of cap room starting in 2025. I'm guessing their goal is get rid of the old/expensive, and reload up younger and faster in 2025 for the 2nd half of Allen's career.
I don't think it's one retool year for them. They really don't have a lot of team depth, and now after clearing out the WRs they have to hit on some new weapons too. Of course having a top-10 QB is a huge advantage and they have been pretty good at drafting, but they will have two years of hangovers for Diggs and they also have a lot of older players with big cap numbers on top of Allen's huge number in 2025:

1712167907009.png

This chart probably isn't updated for today's trade but if anything Diggs's number goes up due to acceleration.

he's never been more than a midlin receiver, regardless...
Until now.

KC has been making BB type moves while others are napping. Landing that Punter was brilliant.

The point is that NE hasn't made it happen at offensive skill positions. They've failed, at least so far.
Having great weapons doesn't help if you have a crap OL.

Adding an older/slower Diggs is just the wrong kind of move for this team right now, IMO.

I agree we just haven't hit on offensive skill positions, but IMO the need is QB and OL first then the weapons later.

Until now.

KC has been making BB type moves while others are napping. Landing that Punter was brilliant.
BB type moves? eh... A randy moss signing this is not...

as for the punter, who knows... two years out of football? do punters "rust"?

and really, if the chiefs are relying on a punter, with mahomie in the fold, they are going backwards

BB type moves? eh... A randy moss signing this is not...

as for the punter, who knows... two years out of football? do punters "rust"?

and really, if the chiefs are relying on a punter, with mahomie in the fold, they are going backwards
They don't need a Randy Moss.

The point about the punter is that they get him on the cheap allowing cap money to spent elsewhere. Also, does anyone actually believe that KC didn't try him out and just signed him sight unseen?

KC is making the moves that BB used to make while the Pats are reinventing the wheel.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Dolphins should be the odds on favorites now...

The fish lost the best defensive player, as well an important OL.

They don't need a Randy Moss.

The point about the punter is that they get him on the cheap allowing cap money to spent elsewhere. Also, does anyone actually believe that KC didn't try him out and just signed him sight unseen?

KC is making the moves that BB used to make while the Pats are reinventing the wheel.
you are talking about a receiver who was on par with demario douglas last year... and a punter who has yet to play a down in the nfl...

With a good draft we can address 2 of these issues, but addressing all 3 probably isn’t a realistic expectation.

Agreed. Unless we trade down, but then the risk goes up. It is all very well understood, and the biggest issue is chosing the right QB.

yeah i get that... but the jete? they kept saleh, an ineffective clusterhump of a coach...

and my early, based on nothing prediction? rodgers isn't going to last the season...
I can see that easily happening too
But I think if and it's a big IF Rodgers is 75-80 percent of his usual self the Jete have a realistic shot.

Jets win the Division and/or the Super Bowl this time of year, every year.
They won another Off-Season Championship! :cool:

Mike Lombardi refers to them as the New York Ifs. They'll be good if Ahole Rodgers can stay healthy. They'll be good if Ahole goes out and if Tyrod can stay healthy and elevate his game. They'll be good if Tyron Smith can stay healthy and protect whatever bum they put in at QB. They'll be good if Mike Williams can stay healthy and get some quickness back in his legs. And so on.

Damn this might actually close Buffalo's window
Just shows how the whole “BUF will dominate for years” was foolish. The truth is : not every new shiny thing will become Brady. Many many many things factor into long term winning, which is why it was so astonishing when it lasted twenty years in NE.

They might still be the top AFCE team, but I am not placing money on that wager…

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back