PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Belichick remaining with Patriots in 2024

edit wrong thread

Depends on where they think the schism was. If the biggest beefs were between Klemm, Judge, and Mac Jones for example, there's no reason to throw Brian out just for outside optics. We have no idea of course, it could be just as bad, but in general when you have a wart on your hand you don't start cutting off fingers.
I was mainly referring to the new football operations person that reports to Kraft, her surveying the assistant coaches, and the reports that some of the assistants who got a heads up they were staying started doing things their own way. There's going to be a lot of sniffing around to gauge what Brian Belichick is up to.

The best way for an organization to run a team is for the owners to stay out of as many decisions as they possibly can. The more they stay out of it, the better the decisions will be. Why? Because all the people elevated in positions and elevated in salary will want to stay in those positions as long as possible by currying favor with the owner's whims, even if that means they are cutting corners and ignoring the ultimate health of the team.

Some coaches like Tomlin and Harbaugh have been around for a very very long time without winning anything for 10 to 15 years. I'm not saying they cut corners, but the temptation is always there to merely stay relevant and employed.

The Patriots hired a quasi-GM, a personnel guy, and a new coaching staff. Let them work.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back