PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Coaching News / Interview Tracker / NFL Tracker [Quick Updates]

Don’t know if legit…

Patrick Pass retweeted a post by AJ Black (BC Eagles guy) confirming this... young to get into coaching though... wonder why he didn't try to catch on as a late round draft pick or udfa...

Pats tracker
Hiring Tiquan Underwood as wr coach
Hiring Taylor Embree as rb coach
and in a move that surprises no one, Pats announce TE Coach Will Lawing will head to BC, to join Bill Obriens staff

sorry for the lateness of the updates... still haven't gone thru and parsed the NFL related stuff, will get to that today, and update that tracker this evening, if necessary...
I believe that Underwood was hired as an Assistant WR coach

So if Brown is staying as WR coach then we just need a tight end coach correct?

So if Brown is staying as WR coach then we just need a tight end coach correct?
and assistants

It is important to develop assistant coaches for the future, for when folks leave for whatever reason. Also, all the coaches need someone to help them in drills and with other tasks.

and assistants

It is important to develop assistant coaches for the future, for when folks leave for whatever reason. Also, all the coaches need someone to help them in drills and with other tasks.
How many more additions can we expect?

This article quotes the Reiss piece about Troy Brown being offered a position. But, to me, it seems to say the position Brown was offered might not be the WR assistant position.

The same source in another story mentions that the Tiguan Underwood hire might hint at the next WR as Underwood worked on the staff of Chad O’Shea when O’Shea was the Dolphins OC in 2019.

It’s true teams can prevent assistants from making lateral moves without permission but not after the coaches’ contract expires. I do not know the standard date assistant coaches’ contracts expire other than knowing it’s not until after the SB.

More updates…

Updates: (Most Recent Update/News first)
◉ Update: 2/15/2024: Patriots hire Michael McCarthy as Offensive Assistant coach; Patriots hire Vinnie DePalma as Defensive Assistant coach, Joe Kim retained as Director of Skill Development

◉ Update: 2/14/2024: Patriots hire Tiquan Underwood as WR coach; hire Taylor Embree as RB coach; Will Lawing leaves NE, going to Boston College
◉ Update: 2/11/24: Patriots hire Drew Wilkins as OLB coach
◉ Update: 2/10/24: Patriots hire Dont'a Hightower as ILB coach; no official word on the OLB coaching position; Patriots to hire ex-Panthers assistant offensive line coach Robert Kugler
◉ Update: 2/7/24: Pats hire Alonzo Highsmith to front office role, Senior Personnel Executive; Interested in TC McCartney as QB coach;
Pats hire Scott Peters as OL Coach; Pats hire Bobby Brown in a Front Office Executive role, no title given
◉ Update: 2/6/24: Pats hire Ben McAdoo as Senior Offensive Assistant
◉ Update: 2/5/24: Steve Belichick takes U of Washingotn DC job; Vinnie Sunseri also heading to Washington as DB's coach; Pats interested in hiring Ben McAdoo as an assistant coach. promote Marshall Ouim to Asst. Director of Scouting; Pats hire Jerry Montgomery for DL coach
◉ Update: 2/2/24: Steve Belichick, Vinnie Sunseri to interview for University of Washington
◉ Update: 2/1/24: Patriots to hire Alex Van Pelt as Offensive Coordinator ; All Coordinator Positions have been filled
◉ Update: 1/31/2024: Patriots to hire Jeremy Springer as Special Teams Coordinator
◉ Update: 1/28/2024: interviews for Passing Game Coordinators, the 49ers Klint Kubiak & the Raiders Scott Turner for OC
◉ Update: 1/28/2024: Second interviews Nick Caley (OC) & Jeremy Springer (ST);noted 2023 ST coach Joe Houston leaving for Florida, noted 2023 WR coach Ross Douglas leaving for Syracuse
◉ Update: 1/27/24: NE to hire DeMarcus Covington as DC (per Breer), DL Coach now open; OC - Pats to interview Luke Getsy
◉ Update: 1/26/24, pm: OC - requested to interview Lions Passing Co Tanner Engstrand, 49ers TE coach Brian Fleury; In-person interview with Nick Caley; ST - Marquice Williams declines Pats ST offer
◉ Update: 1/26/24: OC - previously Interviewed Jerrod Johnson & Thomas Brown
◉ Update: 1/25/24: OC - Dan Pitcher takes Cincy OC job; DC Gerald Alexander takes Raider Safeties job
◉ Update: 1/23/24: Previously Interviewed Shane Waldron (hired by Bears) for OC & Gerald Alexander for DC
◉ Update: 1/22/24: Interview with Dan Pitcher for OC
◉ Update: 1/21/24: Reiss rumor Steve Belichick possibly being considered for Asst Head Coach/SR Advisor
◉ Update: 1/21/24: interviews with Nick Caley & Zac Robinson for OC
◉ Update: 1/20/24; interviewed Thomas McGaughey for ST
◉ Update: 1/19/24 pm; Will Interview DeMarcus Covington for DC
◉ Update: 1/19/24 am; two DC interviews (Hodges & Parker), ST interview (Springer), Departures BoB leaving for OSU
◉ Update: 1/17/24, Robyn Glaser hiring
◉ Update: undated - Steve Belichick & Brian Belichick offered coaching contracts, details not disclosed

As far as I know the only "big" openings left are WR Coach and TE Coach, and perhaps some designated ST roles if they create them (i.e. Punt/Kick Returns Coach). Beyond that it's just filling out assistant roles.

What does the Director of Skill Development do that isn't replicative or duplicative of the coaching staff?

What does the Director of Skill Development do that isn't replicative or duplicative of the coaching staff?

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing it's almost closer to a strength and conditioning coach, where they're teaching general training practices. Except instead of how best to stretch, lift, and do cardio, it's how best to use your hands, maintain balance, etc. More technique based skills, that maybe aren't exclusive to one position or another. Again, just a guess.

Joe Kim is the guy who teaches the defensive front 7 karate techniques to incorporate into their game.

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing it's almost closer to a strength and conditioning coach, where they're teaching general training practices. Except instead of how best to stretch, lift, and do cardio, it's how best to use your hands, maintain balance, etc. More technique based skills, that maybe aren't exclusive to one position or another. Again, just a guess.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back