PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2017-2018 regular season

OK if we keep utilizing words like "pyrrhic" I'm gonna start firing up brain cells that haven't been exercised since the Pete Peeters era...
That's what a Boston Latin School education gave me, the meaning to fancy words like pyrrhic.

And p.s.: Nick Holden really kinda sucks.

it's getting really bad. almost as bad as the Celtics injuries. they have no chance now. fingers crossed the Bruins get the injured players back in time for the playoffs. they had a legit chance at a cup before the injuries.
Maybe we won't have home ice, but if we get them back, especially Bergie and Mac, I feel we can do it. We've got a chance.

That's what a Boston Latin School education gave me, the meaning to fancy words like pyrrhic.

And p.s.: Nick Holden really kinda sucks.
Wow. I hope you didn't pay for that education. If you did you should ask for a refund lol.

Once again, I love this team . Their performance against Tampa last night was exceptional. They are as depleted by injury as it gets, and they lost Backes during the game, yet they shut out Tampa in their building.

As far as the trades go I think it’s pretty clear that Sweeney did a great job at the deadline, and if they re-sign Nash, which I’m hopeful they will, then it was a great trade.

Great win for the Bs in Tampa last night. The defense was stout for a change, especially during the first period & 1/2. And it's nice to see Rask earn his keep.

Once again, I love this team . Their performance against Tampa last night was exceptional. They are as depleted by injury as it gets, and they lost Backes during the game, yet they shut out Tampa in their building.

As far as the trades go I think it’s pretty clear that Sweeney did a great job at the deadline, and if they re-sign Nash, which I’m hopeful they will, then it was a great trade.
good news on backes. he avoided any ligament and tendon damage. he received 18 stitches. sweeney deserves a lot of credit. hopefully, they can find a way to keep nash.

If they can re-sign Nash this team is going be a force to deal with over the next few years. I honestly can’t believe how well and how consistent these rookies have played, and they seem to just keep coming, with Gryzelcyk the latest to step up. And there is the possibility that both Donato and Frederic could contribute before the season is out. I can’t wait for the playoffs, after that Tampa game last night I have a great deal of confidence in this team making it to at least the Final Four of the Stanley Cup Play-offs. The biggest question will come if they face a Washington, who have flat out owned them.

If they can re-sign Nash this team is going be a force to deal with over the next few years. I honestly can’t believe how well and how consistent these rookies have played, and they seem to just keep coming, with Gryzelcyk the latest to step up. And there is the possibility that both Donato and Frederic could contribute before the season is out. I can’t wait for the playoffs, after that Tampa game last night I have a great deal of confidence in this team making it to at least the Final Four of the Stanley Cup Play-offs. The biggest question will come if they face a Washington, who have flat out owned them.
the only thing I'm worried about is injuries. they need mcavoy and Bergeron ect back in the lineup.

Last edited:
the only thing im worried about are injuries. they need macavoy and bergeron ect back in the line up.

I expect both back for the playoffs, I think they are going to be safe with them until then. I am really impressed with how well they have played without these guys, and when you add in Chara and Backes out of yesterday’s game it was amazing that they could go into Tampa and beat them like that.

I expect both back for the playoffs, I think they are going to be safe with them until then. I am really impressed with how well they have played without these guys, and when you add in Chara and Backes out of yesterday’s game it was amazing that they could go into Tampa and beat them like that.
dont forget dabrusk. I love that kid. he should get the 7th player award. they need him back to. what a great year for the Bruins. nobody saw it coming. I think everybody thought they would fight for a playoff spot. yet here they are one of the best teams in the league.

The Bs score 4 goals last night, including one by Ryan Son of Ted Donato. Yay!

The Bs give up 5 goals, including the overtime game-winner by Columbus. Boo!

So much for Tooka turning the corner.

And once again, Carlo and Holden were THE WORST players on the ice, AGAIN.
I am sick to feckin death looking at those two, especially Carlo. He is an absolute disaster waiting to happen. I would rather have Postma on the ice instead of that completely useless, clueless turnstile.

I am now actually beginning to warm up to Grzelcyk. He would now stay on my top-six, even when Chara & McEvoy return.

Chara - McAvoy

Krug - Miller

Grzelcyk - McQuaid

Last edited:
P.S.: that non-call in overtime was Criminally incompetent. If I were Butch, I would send the tape to league HQ and DEMAND that the zebra responsible be IMMEDIATELY suspended, without pay, until a hearing is scheduled.

P.S.: that non-call in overtime was Criminally incompetent. If I were Butch, I would send the tape to league HQ and DEMAND that the zebra responsible be IMMEDIATELY suspended, without pay, until a hearing is scheduled.
NHL officiating across the league has been extremely poor this year. Not sure what the deal is but it is noticeably terrible

Great comeback win by the Bs against a desperate Stars team that was playing their first home game after a disastrous road trip. Tim Schaller, who has become this team's Daniel Paille, scored his team-leading 3rd SH goal, tied for 3rd in the league. Marchand & Pasternak did what they've been doing ever since Bergeron's injury: score goals in the 3rd period. And even Rask surrendered only 2 goals this time.
If all of the injured players can be availble for the POs, then this team could have the most depth, especially up front, it has had since the championship year.

another playoff type game tonight against tampa. bruins win. say hello to first place. fingers crossed they get back mcavoy nash chara and debrusk.

Last edited:
I am now actually beginning to warm up to Grzelcyk. He would now stay on my top-six, even when Chara & McEvoy return.

Chara - Grzelcyk

Krug - Miller

Grzelcyk - McQuaid

Respectfully disagree, can't see how any top 6 wouldn't include a healthy McEvoy.

Respectfully disagree, can't see how any top 6 wouldn't include a healthy McEvoy.
Oops...I wrote Grzelcyk's name with Chara when I meant to write McAvoy's name.
Now corrected on original post.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back