PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Callahan: Patriots Made Bourne Another Offer

Hammer of Thor

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
After months of stalled talks, the Patriots have offered impending free-agent wide receiver Kendrick Bourne a contract, per source.
According to one source familiar with the wide receiver market, if the Pats do not re-sign Bourne, history indicates they might lose him to a division foe.

The Jets were among the teams that showed interest in Bourne over the last 18 months, when a Patriots source said their front office received trade calls at the end of training camp in 2022 and 2023. The Pats told those teams, including the Raiders and Rams, that Bourne was not available and kept him through his ACL tear late last October.
Sources: Patriots offer free-agent WR Kendrick Bourne contract, AFC East suitors may loom

Per Callahan:

This follows up an earlier report that the club also made an offer not long after he suffered the ACL injury, but Bourne still appears headed to explore the free agent market.

Well we get to see Josh Allen throw bullets to Bourne.
Yay

Per Callahan:

This follows up an earlier report that the club also made an offer not long after he suffered the ACL injury, but Bourne still appears headed to explore the free agent market.

can't blame him... gotta see what you are worth

can't blame him... gotta see what you are worth
At least the Pats are in a situation where they can match any offers he receives.

Bourne is ok he's not to die for of course he's better than all the other stiffs minus Pop Douglas.
It would be nice to bring him back. Like you said Pop is about the only one any of us like. It would be good not to replace 4 of 5 at the position.

We have to keep him, don't we? We will probably have to overpay him.

We can't go into the season with a new QB and a roster of complete unknowns at WR.

Let's hope he gets more targets than he has gotten in the past. Never understood why he was not used more as he looked like our best WR anytime he actually got targeted.

We have to keep him, don't we? We will probably have to overpay him.

We can't go into the season with a new QB and a roster of complete unknowns at WR.

Let's hope he gets more targets than he has gotten in the past. Never understood why he was not used more as he looked like our best WR anytime he actually got targeted.
Why can’t they go into the new season on a roster of complete unknowns? It’s not like the new Qb is gonna know the difference, new offensive coordinator? I don’t think it really matters at this point as long as the coaches know what they are doing and the receiveds can play football.

It would be nice to bring him back. Like you said Pop is about the only one any of us like. It would be good not to replace 4 of 5 at the position.
Juju = Not by choice. :rolleyes:

Pop Douglas = good building block. :cool:

Three = Room in the Inn

Four = Room Inn the Inn

Five = Room Inn the In

I am all for Triple dipping @ WR and filling the rest out I want nothing to do with Slender man Thornton even as a Fifth WR. I am sure Mayo and Wolf know how valuable WR is unlike their X Coach.:rolleyes:

It would be nice to have him back but this isn't exactly like Babe Ruth going to the Yankees.

It would be nice to have him back but this isn't exactly like Babe Ruth going to the Yankees.
Bourne is probably using Juju contract as a guide knowing the Pats have to eat it in 2024 what a terrible Deal yuck. :yuck: Will never forget what BB made Fat Matt do to him I wouldn't fault him for signing elsewhere.

If Bourne hadn’t gotten hurt he was probably looking at a 3 year 39 million or more deal, with the injury I would guess he’s looking for $10 million per

If Bourne hadn’t gotten hurt he was probably looking at a 3 year 39 million or more deal, with the injury I would guess he’s looking for $10 million per
$8Mill is more like it he's really a #3 WR.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back