PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2023 - 2024 Discussion

Exactly. If you look at last season at peak times he was the offense for Milwaukee. Now I know he has plenty or options at his disposal and he's even mentioned that. However I've noticed whenever he's been aggressive meaning on the attack it makes every one else better. He's always been steady eddy. But your right he's 33 and I don't believe personally it's any red flags. He's still deferring a bit much to JB,KPand JT. He can hold his own offensively.
I think this is a fair point. And while shooting can definitely fall off, just like everything else, with age, I don't think that's the case here. I think he's still settling into the team, which makes sense, it's still early.

To me it's similar to what Pritchard was going through, getting an expanded role, he was finding his way between being a facilitator and being a shooter, and his overall game improved when he leaned into his shot a bit more. I think the same will happen with Holiday.

I think this is a fair point. And while shooting can definitely fall off, just like everything else, with age, I don't think that's the case here. I think he's still settling into the team, which makes sense, it's still early.

To me it's similar to what Pritchard was going through, getting an expanded role, he was finding his way between being a facilitator and being a shooter, and his overall game improved when he leaned into his shot a bit more. I think the same will happen with Holiday.
Agreed. Jrue is what this team needs. He has no ego and he'll brings championship mentality to this team that needs it. I would just like to see him be a bit more aggressive within his game. He's always been a great distributor. Holliday is a guy that I've always admired his game his mentality and his attitude. He's a pros pro.

Jrue is listed on the injury report as gtd.
Anyone heard what's up with him?
May help explain slump

Jrue is listed on the injury report as gtd.
Anyone heard what's up with him?
May help explain slump
Doesn’t look right, wonder if he’s sick as it seems team has some kind of bug. JB missed game last week and JT was questionable Wed, both with illness.

Doesn’t look right, wonder if he’s sick as it seems team has some kind of bug. JB missed game last week and JT was questionable Wed, both with illness.
Yeah one guy gets it, it usually spreads to everyone. But thats better than an injury

SI is reporting right ankle sprain. So he is doubtful for today's game against the magic. This is a tough match up for the Cs. A young team . Thise Wagner bros. Give us trouble. So I suppose PP gets the nod to start?

C's will need to bring it all game vs. Orlando. That's a good team
They are. Last season wasn't a fluke. The magic are for real. However if the Cs really are a championship team then they have to show it against these types of teams. May be matched up against them in the playoffs.

Oof! Jrue out, and KP strains his calf. Our first definitive loss of the season. I didn't get to watch the game due to work, but I can only imagine that with those 2 out, the Jays decided to revert to iso ball on offense.

Oof! Jrue out, and KP strains his calf. Our first definitive loss of the season. I didn't get to watch the game due to work, but I can only imagine that with those 2 out, the Jays decided to revert to iso ball on offense.
Game is tomorrow night

Bad night for Jaylen. Even worse for Tatum if we go by the +/-, which we put a lot of emphasis on here.

JT was a -26, team worst, scored most of his points from the line in garbage time. He’s playing too passive. For a guy who is viewed as a top 5 player he needs to be taking over games and doing it in crunch time.

Both guys need to be better.

Last edited:

SFA will change with the Celtics. They've got a janitor "coaching" and in the clutch, revert to boneheaded decision form. I'd like to see another banner hanging from the rafters, but it's hard to see it when all we get from the JT/JB tandem is more of the same.

Glad I missed this one. 6/22, 3 TOs, 4/7 FTs.
Lol
Worst statistical regular player on the team is taking the most shots and getting the most minutes.

Bad night for Jaylen. Even worse for Tatum if we go by the +/-, which we put a lot of emphasis on here.

JT was a -26, team worst, scored most of his points from the line in garbage time. He’s playing too passive. For a guy who is viewed as a top 5 player he needs to be taking over games and doing it in crunch time.

Both guys need to be better.
Horford was the one -26, but Tatum wasn't much better at -21

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes