PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2023 - 2024 Discussion

The second I heard Lebron and AD were out, I knew this would be a very tough game. Taking an undermanned opponent lightly has long been this team's calling card. Lakers have definitely played well though and shot the lights out from three.

Year in, year out, Tatum and Brown have shown us who they are. It's pointless to expect anything different from them.

Year in, year out, Tatum and Brown have shown us who they are. It's pointless to expect anything different from them.
You could be correct. They lack Toughness, especially Brown. Tatum showed an intensity in the second half against a weak LA team 3 starters out in 2nd half for the Lakers while Tatum tried to come alive.

The Cs saw that James & Davis were out so they came expecting a cakewalk and found something different. Especially Jaylen he was terrible.

It's games like this that make me think we're in for another letdown in the postseason. They just don't have the drive needed. If your team cannot get their **** together to beat the Lakers, no matter who is playing for them, they just don't care enough to win.

I've been trying to get used to the modern game and I'm catching on. I still don't like it much though. It's like watching a game of HORSE. When the shots are falling for both teams it can be exciting but that doesn't happen much.

For those of you old enough, think back to when Larry Bird played. In his entire career he missed less important end-of-game shots than any of the current Celtics miss in just a few games, if that many.

The chance to get to 18 titles with this group is smaller than the players think. And nowhere was that as evident as the fold against the Lakers last night. They actually think that all they have to do is show up.

Derrick White is easily the most consistent player on the Celtics.

And finally. Giving this team to Joe Mazzulla is like buying a new Rolls Royce and handing the keys to your neighbors kid, who just got his license. We'll end up hoping that he doesn't crash the car into a tree. How did he get the job anyway?

Was on a plane and didn't watch the game- thank God.

Tough to know what to say about this team sometimes

On the one hand, they have the best record in the league, on pace to win 62 games. That's an excellent regular season! But even with that record, you'll lose 20 games. So what are "good" losses? They'll always been something to criticize, so take the long view, and all that

But games like this are tough because they emphasize what is always the fear with this team. That they play down to the competition, and coast whenever they can, even though they haven't won a damn thing yet. Highlights the weakness of the coach.

So I dunno. The team is what it is. This loss bugs me more than most of the others. Championship teams might have a bad half, but will clean that **** up in the second half. I know LA shot lights out. But still. Disappointing

The reliance on 3s sometimes neutralizes their talent advantage by making scoring outputs more random. Because of the high volume, they’re bound to have some 20-25% erratic nights and will lose to bad teams, while taking less 3s would give them a more predictable (and high enough point total.). That said, this is the modern NBA and I don’t really begrudge the approach.

It's games like this that make me think we're in for another letdown in the postseason. They just don't have the drive needed. If your team cannot get their **** together to beat the Lakers, no matter who is playing for them, they just don't care enough to win.
Saw Tatum’s postgame where he was basically “oh well, bad day at the office, we’re not perfect”. And Mazzulla when asked about whether they should be embarrassed by this loss, says it is “insulting” to tell another person they should be embarrassed. It’s this sort of soft, coddling approach which is why they’ll continue to shrink when another team punches them in the mouth. It’s a soft team and they take after the coach as well. When they’ve continued to squander home court advantage in the playoffs year after year, they’ve lost my trust in them. Wish Udoka would’ve kept it in his pants because he seemed to actually have the Celtics trending in the right direction. This is a team desperately needing another Garnett on the team but not having one.

Tatum en fuego

Was at the game tonight, the Marcus Smart tribute was pretty sweet. As infuriating a player as he can be that guy loved playing here. Fans were great for him.

As far as the game not much to say outside of the bench minutes. The Jordan Wash dunk was satisfying af. I really liked how he looked, he was composed and making the smart plays. The back ups were trying to get theirs, as usual but Walsh was playing unselfish. I liked that. And Queta looked like Wilt against the scrubs.

Last edited:
I'm annoyed at myself for not betting on this game. Obvious 30-pointer. Grrrr

Was at the game tonight, the Marcus Smart tribute was pretty sweet. As infuriating a player as he can be that guy loved playing here. Fans were great for him.

As far as the game not much to say outside of the bench minutes. The Jordan Wash dunk was satisfying af. I really liked how he looked, he was composed and making the smart plays. The back ups were trying to get theirs, as usual but Walsh was playing unselfish. I liked that. And Queta looked like Wilt against the scrubs.
The Walsh dunk was the highlight for me.
Yeah great to see the fans give Marcus some love. He deserved it.
And,yeah, Queta looked like an allstar.
It was vs. scrubs but he has been playing more meaningful minutes as tge season goes on. And playing well. Gives us another dimension as Kornet also playing well but their skill sets aren't identical.
Could help vs. Embiid,Jokic

The Walsh dunk was the highlight for me.
Yeah great to see the fans give Marcus some love. He deserved it.
And,yeah, Queta looked like an allstar.
It was vs. scrubs but he has been playing more meaningful minutes as tge season goes on. And playing well. Gives us another dimension as Kornet also playing well but their skill sets aren't identical.
Could help vs. Embiid,Jokic
I think the thing about Queta beating up on the scrubs is that it proves he's above that level. He can be a real bench contributor. It's a toss up for me a lot of the time whether I'd rather have Queta or Kornet getting the the third big man minutes. Like you said they both bring a little something different to the table. Ideally Queta develops further to where there's no question it should be him.

How is Porzingis getting zero media all-star consideration with Embiid and Randle injured?

Rough night for Tatum so far.

Edit: finishing game pretty well

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore