PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Changes coming - And an FYI on potential actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed it and just for clarification…can I post constantly in a bazaar sexual attraction for players on different teams without repercussions…such as other teams QB’s? Asking for a friend. Thanks .
I won't get into it any further other than to say that "without repercussions" no longer applies to that type of situation.

Tom’s recently gone public yet again saying any reported issues with Bill were way overblown or exaggerated. They both respect and admire one another and he’s gonna be back as a retired player in about 3 months from now to honor his legacy in NE. If everyone else has let it go by now then folks here need to let it go.

I look at this place kind of like a local sports bar where everybody goes to talk Pats news and even watch the games together.

Now imagine you’re at the bar sitting down at one end of the bar with a few local guys talking about how the rookie WRs looked at OTAs today. Conversation is casual and going fine. Then suddenly one of the dudes who seemingly never leaves the place and is always brooding in the corner somewhere pulls up a chair next to you and shouts some hot take about Belichick or Brady that has nothing to do with the conversation. Someone passing by takes offense to that and also pulls up a chair to argue with them and conversation is now impossible.

Your group gets up and leaves to move to a different area and starts talking about something else. But uh oh, another brooder pops up within minutes and shouts another hot take unprompted and the conversation is ruined yet again.

The bar owner COULD kick these disruptive people out of the bar, especially since they are driving away business from perfectly orderly patrons. What he is electing to do instead is relocate those disruptive people to their own table away from others when they become disruptive so that they don’t ruin the evening for everyone else.

I applaud @Ian for his efforts and his patience with this and I think it’ll pay big dividends. Looking forward to talking TC with everybody in a month.

Again, not an issue with the opinion. It’s repeating it over and over in various threads that in some cases have nothing to do with that opinion. If the opinion is relevant in a thread, then it’s a different story.
Rumour has it that Bentley and Godchaux have re-activated their Pats fans accounts after hearing this great news

Tom’s recently gone public yet again saying any reported issues with Bill were way overblown or exaggerated. They both respect and admire one another and he’s gonna be back as a retired player in about 3 months from now to honor his legacy in NE. If everyone else has let it go by now then folks here need to let it go.

Agreed, time to put the hammer down on this issue. It's stuck in our craw long enough.

1 voice.
1 way forward.
1 dream.
1 fanbase.

We are Pats Nation.

20 years of the miserable repeating themselves over and over and over and over and over and over………….and over and over and over and over and over …………..and over and over and over and over………..

Is more than enough.

So wouls this be the wrong thread to start a debate about Brady not being the GOAT?

Also, lets Fckn go Pats. Hopefully Mac takes some major steps forward from last year and shakes off that miserable season.

OK. Let's start a Pool on who get's the first Admin Mute...

There are a lot of contenders:
Triumph, Captain Stone, State, That Holmes15 dude, FCB, Ring6, Patsfan1960, Sam Bam Cunningham, Crawhammer, cupofjoe1962, PatsFan2
Ive been ignoring you for years.

Would be great to have this system on PFT comments. Always the same 3 troll posters probably with multiple accounts derailing every single Patriots topic.

All of this instead of banning one user.
It's not one user. It's a few users who can be perfectly fine but don't know when to stop derailing threads because someone said something they don't like.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I rather enjoyed a certain no-longer-moderator who handed out thread bans like she was handing out candy. She went waaaay too far, but she was thorough. lol

Last edited:
OK. Let's start a Pool on who get's the first Admin Mute...

There are a lot of contenders:
Triumph, Captain Stone, State, That Holmes15 dude, FCB, Ring6, Patsfan1960, Sam Bam Cunningham, Crawhammer, cupofjoe1962, PatsFan2
How to say you don't read my posts without saying you don't read my posts.

Would be great to have this system on PFT comments. Always the same 3 troll posters probably with multiple accounts derailing every single Patriots topic.
No kidding, oh my god. I don’t know why I even scroll down. It’s always the same crap. Sometimes the only comments are those couple trolls.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I look at this place kind of like a local sports bar where everybody goes to talk Pats news and even watch the games together.

Now imagine you’re at the bar sitting down at one end of the bar with a few local guys talking about how the rookie WRs looked at OTAs today. Conversation is casual and going fine. Then suddenly one of the dudes who seemingly never leaves the place and is always brooding in the corner somewhere pulls up a chair next to you and shouts some hot take about Belichick or Brady that has nothing to do with the conversation. Someone passing by takes offense to that and also pulls up a chair to argue with them and conversation is now impossible.

Your group gets up and leaves to move to a different area and starts talking about something else. But uh oh, another brooder pops up within minutes and shouts another hot take unprompted and the conversation is ruined yet again.

The bar owner COULD kick these disruptive people out of the bar, especially since they are driving away business from perfectly orderly patrons. What he is electing to do instead is relocate those disruptive people to their own table away from others when they become disruptive so that they don’t ruin the evening for everyone else.

I applaud @Ian for his efforts and his patience with this and I think it’ll pay big dividends. Looking forward to talking TC with everybody in a month.
That's a really good analogy. In a bar, you'd turn to the guy and tell him to STFU and leave you alone. Try that online and it just gets worse. I am good with what @Ian is trying to do.

Happy to read this Ian. Been coming here for 17 years and it's been a mostly enjoyable experience until the last few years. Seems like most of the threads I open have ended up descending into open warfare over nothing and I've taken some pretty long hiatus'. Hope to be able to enjoy more regular visits moving forwards.

I won't get into it any further other than to say that "without repercussions" no longer applies to that type of situation.
Seems like every month you create new "tech" solution in an attempt to contain/minimize the noise from a few unrelenting posters who have yet to take heed of any of your warnings.
Why not simply ban the 'rabble-rousers' and move on?
Your site, your rules.
Apply the hammer and move forward.

Seems like every month you create new "tech" solution in an attempt to contain/minimize the noise from a few unrelenting posters who have yet to take heed of any of your warnings.
I think part of the problem is a lot of people don't want to use the tech solutions. Thread-based mutes and individual-mutes are actually really amazing technological solutions undone by users not wanting to feel like they missed anything.

Might I suggest a low tech solution: More mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes