PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Charges against Patriots CB Jack Jones were dropped

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Once the initial reports came out/he was arrested, as a mgt team (RK, JK, BB, Groh with advisors such as Stacy James, Jimmy Nolan, Jim Cobery chiming in) one wonders what the vote was (cut ASAP or wait it out) and did Bob overrule to keep or let the vote stand (keep or cut)

There was no need to act at the time. I'd be surprised if it wasn't unanimous to wait it out.

Some laws require proof of intent and some don't. Difference between murder and manslaughter.

Here apparently they would have had to prove he "knowingly" took the guns through security and they concluded that they could not prove that.
The guns were legally purchased and he had apparently initiated steps to carry them legally in MA.
Yes, I think that last part might have weighed heavily in this.

There was no need to act at the time. I'd be surprised if it wasn't unanimous to wait it out.
My gut tells me they talked it through- especially with the AH situation and how oblivious they were to his off-the-field behavior as back of mind.

Jack Jones was cleared of all charges in exchange to agree to 1 year probation and 48 hours of community service.

This means they decided to let him off the hook but he's on thin ice.

Obviously any further infraction and they can throw the book at him and potentially put Jack Jones in jail.

I hope this guy learns his lesson. He's 25 now, he's a grown man. He needs to take his life and career seriously or he can quickly end up in jail and forgotten.

But he's got real talent. He can help as long as he can stay on the field and keep his life off the field CLEAN.

Let's hope Jack Jones truly LEARNS from this and turns his life around into a success story instead of the next Hernandez story.

Regardless of charges being dropped, he was irresponsible somehow. We don't know the whole story but as gun owner you are responsible for your firearms, who handles them, how they are transported, and knowing the pertinent laws of where you will have them with you. He obviously had capable legal representation (although that lady seemed like a little bit of a wacko...) and hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.

As a Patriots fan, I am happy he "dodged a bullet" on this one because he is a great cover cornerback and we need him on the field, however, he seems to have made some bad decisions going back to college. I am a gun owner and have no problem with him owning firearms (legally) but he needs to make more responsible decisions just like anyone who owns a gun.

His past arrest in college, poor grades (resulting in suspension), spat with BB last year, and now this incident have me wondering if he lacks maturity/professionalism. Not writing him off, but hope he can keep his nose clean and head down going forward.

Retrospectively, it's amazing how wrong this board was about this (by and large).

I think a lot of that was people thinking emotionally, and with a political leaning

Gotta be frustrating to see the homers continuing to have hope for the team despite your herculean efforts.
Nothing that I say or do will ever have any effect on the Patriots.
Well, there's always the GDT thread, which is certain to be full of moments of despair to savor.
The perfect venue for your Bagdad Bob act.
Ian, can we have a Misinformation Board appointed to fact check overly optimistic posts? I'm sure Triumph and several others would be happy to help enforce realism here...
I love comedy like anyone else. Post more often.

My gut tells me they talked it through- especially with the AH situation and how oblivious they were to his off-the-field behavior as back of mind.

Sure, my thought at the time was that they would get detectives involved, and would only cut him if he had darker secrets/habits.

you might be right if not for the thousands of cases before it that have already set precedent
Show me 1 other case where the guy had charges dropped for possessing an illegal magazine in Mass?

You have thousands to choose from.
you sound upset that the Pats arent going to get hurt from this
I follow the laws. Why shouldnt Jones?

Silvio Dante from, "The Sopranos" had a good one as he was being cuffed.

"I'll be back home before my soup is cold"
That was a playoff of an actual mob moment albeit a bit different line. Pulling a blank but thinking it might of been Jerry Anguilo...

Any he was arrested at dinner and yelled out I'll be out before my chops get cold. Obviously referencing the pork chops he just ordered.

Sure, my thought at the time was that they would get detectives involved, and would only cut him if he had darker secrets/habits.
I bet they did

That was a playoff of an actual mob moment albeit a bit different line. Pulling a blank but thinking it might of been Jerry Anguilo...

Any he was arrested at dinner and yelled out I'll be out before my chops get cold. Obviously referencing the pork chops he just ordered.
Not surprising. He loved to talk.

The Anguilo HQ/social club went for $475k.

Lawyers are excellent at navigating the asinine minutiae of their own self-serving drivel, hence their ubiquity in late-phase societies adumbrating decadence. The decline of such societies begins with levels of crippling complexity requiring the services of such people, just as the late Egyptians had their scribes, the late Ottoman Turks their eunuchs, and thugs their entourages. In later phases, matters grow so convoluted that lawyers take over government entirely, on the basis of their meretricious "expertise," as in present day Washington, and matters which ought to be settled democratically are settled in court. Familiar?
1694025113269.jpeg

Jones and the Pats would fight it given that nfl players with gun charges weren't suspended. Quiennen Williams was arrested for having a gun in airport and never got suspended. So ****dell has already set precedent which would be shown in court.
Good grief, where have you been?

Precedent, logic and anything else is entirely thrown out when it comes to how the NFL treats the New England Patriots.

...did you get stranded on a tropical island in 2006? If so, was it with a beautiful nymphet who's in love with you?

If so, you're my hero. And entirely understandable that you're totally out of touch with everything. Donald Trump was president.

And how did you finally get online from there?

Have somebody else pack for you. Gives you an alibi. Also gives them a chance to set you up. Roll the dice, how good are your good friends?
...so did the fall guy get into any trouble?

Godell has never honored his own precedents. He decides by licking his finger and holding it up to see which way the wind blows.
I disagree.

He decides entirely based upon whether the Patriots are involved.

THAT is the determinative precedent.

We are permanent 'repeat [non]offenders'.

Seems cheap?
That was from a couple of years ago. I bet it would go for $700k now. That's just for the 795 sq ft apt. Guessing but I think there are 6 or so apts in the building. I think they Jerry, Frank and Danny owned the whole building...?

Last edited:
perhaps it was investigated and determined, shockingly, that is was just an honest mistake?
tumblr_mhirdgWRZs1qlsrn9o1_400.gif

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back