PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung an Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chung was a bust. Hate has nothing to do with it.

I think he was a disappointment but i don't label him a bust, but that's just semantics. My larger point stands imo, there is way to much sh.ttalk in this forum. People devote way too much time to trashing players and talking about how soft they are. That's my take on it, you can see it any way you want.

I think he was a disappointment but i don't label him a bust, but that's just semantics. My larger point stands imo, there is way to much sh.ttalk in this forum. People devote way too much time to trashing players and talking about how soft they are. That's my take on it, you can see it any way you want.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that it's all about hate, given that Thomas has received none since moving on. Chung was a bust. That's just how it is. People here wanted to love the guy. When this kid was first signed, we were getting overwhelmed by the "Chung > Chuck Norris" thread, for crying out loud. Those of us who were wary about the pick were a tiny minority, and I doubt many of us are happy to have been right about the kid. I know I'd rather Chung have developed into a great safety. He didn't.

Respecting a player who has performed like a Hall of Famer and who is tougher than any player that has played here is common sense, but i wouldn't expect any of the fantasy football losers here to understand that. As far as Chung goes i could care less, i just don't get the haterade shower people are pouring on him.

Anyone who can't see that Welker is a great player is a ****** who knows absolutely nothing about football, feel free to join those who belong in that category.

L.O.L at "Wes Welker is tougher than any player that has played here". I challenge you to say that to John Hannah, Adre Tippett or Steve Grogan's face. Hell, Tedy Bruschi came back from a stroke, for crying out loud.

No one here is denying Welker is a great player, but when you make ridiculously silly statements like the one above, it's really hard to take your utter hard-on for the guy seriously.

Oh, and Patrick Chung is a terrible safety. Saying so doesn't make me a "hater" just, I don't know, someone whose brain interprets correctly the signals their eyes send. I don't have any ill will towards the guy, by all accounts he's a really nice person and it's not his fault he was drafted highly and that much expectation was created over him. But he sucks, and I'm glad I won't ever see him in a Patriots uniform again.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that it's all about hate, given that Thomas has received none since moving on.

Page 1 of this thread.

Who is thomas?

L.O.L at "Wes Welker is tougher than any player that has played here". I challenge you to say that to John Hannah, Adre Tippett or Steve Grogan's face. Hell, Tedy Bruschi came back from a stroke, for crying out loud.

No one here is denying Welker is a great player, but when you make ridiculously silly statements like the one above, it's really hard to take your utter hard-on for the guy seriously.

Oh, and Patrick Chung is a terrible safety. Saying so doesn't make me a "hater" just, I don't know, someone whose brain interprets correctly the signals their eyes send. I don't have any ill will towards the guy, by all accounts he's a really nice person and it's not his fault he was drafted highly and that much expectation was created over him. But he sucks, and I'm glad I won't ever see him in a Patriots uniform again.

I guarantee all those you listed will tell you that Welker is one of the toughest players that have ever put on a Patriots uniform, and all would be completely disgusted by the garbage that the losers in this forum have spewed at him. I would be more than happy to tell any of them i think he's the toughest of all of them, but I guarantee none of you would ever talk the sh.t you have talked about him to any of their faces. they would tell you that you are every bit as ignorant as i have maintained.

Page 1 of this thread.

Who is thomas?

Well, he started 7 games for the Pats last season, so that's a pretty good reason to know who he is right there. Was a far bigger contributor than Chung was.

I guarantee all those you listed will tell you that Welker is one of the toughest players that have ever put on a Patriots uniform, and all would be completely disgusted by the garbage that the losers in this forum have spewed at him. I would be more than happy to tell any of them i think he's the toughest of all of them, but I guarantee none of you would ever talk the sh.t you have talked about him to any of their faces. they would tell you that you are every bit as ignorant as i have maintained.

Which "sh.t" have I talked about him? He's a great player, one of the greatest receivers in Patriots history, and could retire as "the" greatest if he is resigned. Does that mean he doesn't have flaws? Does that mean he is the best, the toughest, the coolest, the most talented at everything he does? Chill out, buddy.

And saying those players would agree Wes Welker is the toughest Patriot evah, doesn't mean you're right. Ask anybody who isn't hanging off Wes' nuts if he's even the toughest offensive player on the team, and they'll tell you "Logan Mankins played an entire season with a torn ACL so, no".

Careful. Best thing to do is throw that Pandora's Box right down the garbage chute rather than risk any comment that could possibly be interpreted as a slight against His Holiness Wesley Welker.

Is this a sly, clever insider hint about the voting at the Vatican?

No wonder Welker has not signed a contract!

Page 1 of this thread.

Who is thomas?

Donald Thomas, sixth round pick out of Connecticut.

Patriots Guard, backup to Logan Mankins, starter material signed by the Colts.

What about it? It's a mixed bag that breaks down largely upon the usual lines with the usual people.

Donald Thomas, who not only signed elsewhere, but signed with the Colts.

I'm well aware of who Donald Thomas is I just did not realize he had signed elsewhere, which is odd given that I have had the NFLN on for the last 2 days running.

People need to separate performance with the person.

He was crap here the past season and a half. We all know this. But this is the same guy who was ecstatic to be a Patriot and renamed himself "Pat" for the team. The guy everyone loved and was always a team player.

Stop hating on the guy. He did nothing wrong here. He wanted to play and tried his hardest.

Teams will continue to poach/sign Patriot FA's as long as they remain the elite of the AFC. Thomas was a solid backup on Pats who could start for quite a few teams.Building quality depth by not overpaying is a BB trademark.

3 year 10 million dollar deal with the first year fully guaranteed. LMAO!

Another vote in the 'nice guy but not sad to see him playing elsewhere' camp.

He wanted to play and tried his hardest.

In this system (or anywhere really I guess) for rookies and young players, in order to continue to develop and suceed, it is CRITICAL to participate in every practice and play in every game. I'm convinced of this. If you look at Wheatley, Willhite, Butler, Geno Wilson, etc, they all had some level of success, got hurt, fell behind, passed on the depth chart and eventually were released by the team.

For all their own respective criticism, the players who did not get hurt like Merriwether, Hobbs, Asante, DMC, Dennard and even Geno in '03 and '04 produced.

We don't know what really happened to Chung. He had some success here, the coaching staff liked him he showed promise in 09 and '10 but getting hurt in '11 and again in '12 really caused him to regress. Could be that the coaching staff road him hard for being hurt and he became disgruntled. Could be that he had a physical limitation and that affected his performance. Could be he mentally couldn't handle the load and that caused him to not be able to carry out his assignments, become indecisive, rather than be instinctive on the field. It very well be that he "gave up" and saw any possibility of moving up the depth chart as a hopeless endeavor. Who knows.

While we don't know that he tried his hardest per se, clearly the team felt he was beyond repair and for whatever reason no longer fit into their plans or defensive scheme.

Great news!

Wish him best of luck with his new team. I'm sure Iggles fans will love him :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents