PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Convincing evidence that Brady was the real regular season MVP in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you needed to say here was Tom Brady won the Superbowl, and the person who won the MVP lost the superbowl.
Absolutely.
Classic example of TLDNR.
All I know is that the damn award's a curse. If Brady had won it, the Falcons would not have made all those dumb play calls at the end and kicked a FG that put the game out of reach.

Hopefully nowhere, because honestly who gives a ****

Yeah because obviously everyone here has more important things to discuss.

So let's start another JG or MB thread. Only got about 15 each.

Seriously, dude you sound like a snarky grumpy old guy. Get off my lawn.
If you don't like the post, just ignore it.
To paraphrase yourself, " aren't you ever happy,even for a minute?"

How do we know for sure all 32 coaches votes in this sporting news poll? How many players votes for the other awards?

How do we know for sure all 32 coaches votes in this sporting news poll? How many players votes for the other awards?

I don't think they would publish the award if it were not a huge percentage, or all, of the coaches.

Pats went 3-1 without Brady. Pats defense for points per game was #1 at 15.6 while the Falcons were 26th at 25.4 points per game. Overall, Pats had a more complete team than the Falcons. Certainly this hurt Brady's case for MVP.

I'm fine with Ryan winning the MVP. He had an extremely impressive season and Brady only played 12 games. They won the most exciting Super Bowl of all-time. Can't you guys ever be happy, just for a minute?
That's where I am. I just don't care when the man won the SB in the most dramatic way. He was the MVP. And he finally made a believer out of the most staunch haters. He has two MVP's already and one of them unanimous, which is the only time it's ever happened. Leave it alone.

Last edited:
Yes, but Ryan is better as a real quarterback than Brady:

(1) Ryan doesn't second guess his coaches by calling audibles. He lets his coaches call the plays. Brady constantly undermines his coaches' confidence by calling audibles.

(2) Ryan trusts his players to execute plays. He doesn't undermine their confidence by checking to see if his players actually make the blocks they're supposed to.

(3) Ryan's not a coward like Brady who "plays it safe". He's willing to take risks by going for long passes no matter what the fancy pants intellectuals say about "game situation" or the "score".

Ryan's a real quarterback who plays for the QB rating, not some dink-and-dunk game manager like Brady who just cares about win/losses record.

I have no problem with Ryan getting the MVP. It's a regular season award. Brady's MVP in SBLI came as a result of him closing the deal when it counted most. Ryan let it slip away from him. That's the difference.

I have no problem with Ryan getting the MVP. It's a regular season award. Brady's MVP in SBLI came as a result of him closing the deal when it counted most. Ryan let it slip away from him. That's the difference.

Understand the sentiment here. Agreed, in the big picture, winning number five was incomparably better and more legacy building. I do have a problem with Ryan winning the MVP though because I really don't think he actually should have won it. At the very least, it was a split decision and should be counted as such. It's like the old college football polls. You had the AP Poll and the Coach's Poll. Unfortunately the results of the coach's poll were buried as a non-story, despite that the coach's poll has also voted for the consensus MVP nearly every other year, and has certainly never given 71% of its votes to a player who was not recognized as the league's MVP or co-MVP.

No offense at all to the OP, I couldn't care less. He got the trophies that matter most and everyone, including people I knew rooting for ATL, said Ryan was a fraud.

He is definitely a fraud.. What would happen if you give brady an elite running back and julio jones and that other reciever as well who juked butler completely off his feet to where he litterally fell down? It would be horrendous. Probably average fifty points a game.

On the award. I agree with ice. He shouldnt have been jerked out of the mvp award. They gave it to the choke champion who now is sitting in a bar in atlanta drinking beer next to a picture of the Hindenburg disaster, the titanic sinking and michael Dukakis.

Pats went 3-1 without Brady. Pats defense for points per game was #1 at 15.6.
So, the #1 scoring defense won 3/4 past years. NE 2016, DEN 2015, SEA 2013. I forgot all about that.

So, the #1 scoring defense won 3/4 past years. NE 2016, DEN 2015, SEA 2013. I forgot all about that.

And in 2014, the Patriots and Seahawks both had incredible streaks of not allowing fourth quarter TDs. I think they were both around 8 games.

I respect the amount of writing you did but quite honestly.. who cares about the MVP vote ?

We won the SB in the most unlikely way possible if you want to add to Brady's resume that is worth 100x more than being regular season MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3