PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Klecko, you played with both... is it Brady or Manning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klecko's comments on football history should be taken a little more seriously than most players', because he grew up around the NFL.

Ditto Matt Slater's if he ever made any, but I'm not aware that he has.

What do you think of BB giving Manning the nod over Montana, Marino, and Elway?

(serious question)

It could just be flattery, because BB of course flatters opponents before games, but it seemed fairly specific for that.

I also think it may be fair. For a significant minority of their respective careers, I thought Manning was better than Brady. Manning was the first of the two to throw a good deep ball, and the first of the two to figure out how to pass well when flushed from the pocket. And of course originally he was an effective starting NFL QB while Brady was still a rookie, or in college.

Obviously, Manning has at every stage of his career been more experienced than Brady, so none of this is an argument to put Manning equal to or ahead of Brady in the career GOAT rankings. But it underscores that Manning is one of the greatest as well.

You could easily make the argument that the toughest QBs BB has ever had to gameplan against had the last name Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents