PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deandre Hopkins Visiting Patriots Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Average across these 5 super bowls: 23 for 37, 237 yards, 1.2 TDs, 2 INTs/1 fumble. Sorry, these 5 super bowls are not HOF-worthy numbers.
Brady didn't average 2 INTs and 1 fumble in those 5 Super Bowls... GTFOH! Three of the SBs he had 0 INTs and he had one a piece in the two others and one of those he won with a game-winning drive. The 1 lost fumble he had in SB 39, amounted to nothing, they got the ball back 4 plays later and Brady threw a TD pass to Givens on that ensuing drive.

You continue to spin everything.

SB 36: 15 for 29, 145 yards, 1 TD

SB 39: 23 for 33, 236 yards, 2 TDs, 1 fumble

SB 42 (my favorite): 29 for 48, 266 yards, 1 TD

SB 46: 27 for 41, 276 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT (badly underthrown ball to Gronk)

SB 53: 21 for 35, 262 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT

Average across these 5 super bowls: 23 for 37, 237 yards, 1.2 TDs, 2 INTs/1 fumble. Sorry, these 5 super bowls are not HOF-worthy numbers. His defense bailed him out in at least 3 of these Super Bowls and arguably in SB 49 with Butler saving the day (after Brady's 2 INTs).

As your fellow Pats fans repeatedly state, Bradys super bowls were a team effort to get across the finish line. You attribute everything to one man. THAT is delusional.

This is arguably the dumbest statement ever made in the history of this board. Brady's EPA/Play that game was 0.36. On 50 attempts. That's absurd per snap production on that volume. Also, why keep trying to categorize Super Bowl 39 as a bad performance? It wasn't. No one believes it to be. I don't even know where you got that from. Literally never heard that argument before.

Brady didn't average 2 INTs and 1 fumble in those 5 Super Bowls... GTFOH! Three of the SBs he had 0 INTs and he had one a piece in the two others and one of those he won with a game-winning drive. The 1 lost fumble he had in SB 39, amounted to nothing, they got the ball back 4 plays later and Brady threw a TD pass to Givens on that ensuing drive.

Fine, I corrected it to 0.4 INTs. Doesn't change the argument. And who is "they?" You mean Bill's defense?

This is arguably the dumbest statement ever made in the history of this board. Brady's EPA/Play that game was 0.36. On 50 attempts. That's absurd per snap production on that volume. Also, why keep trying to categorize Super Bowl 39 as a bad performance? It wasn't. No one believes it to be. I don't even know where you got that from. Literally never heard that argument before.

I said he was statistically AVERAGE. I didn't say he was bad.

Last edited:
delete

This mute thing works pretty good, boys, just FYI

Getting back to Hopkins - I don’t like the games he’s playing and I think Bill moves on. At Hopkins age, he shouldn’t expect to just stroll in when training camp starts and be good to go learning the playbook (don’t care if he’s familiar with O’Brien) and get familiar with his new team.

Sure... any TE wouldn't benefit from 50-70 more receiving targets a season from Mahomes, with Reid designing plays and calling the offense.

Welcome to weird world.

Here's a newsflash for everybody arguing with me... weapons don't play in a vacuum.

Receiving weapons don't throw to themselves.
They don't but talent is talent and as much of a professional all things KC hater that I am, Kelce is an all time great by his talent and production.
Crawhammer...who else.
Screenshot_20230620_112109_Chrome.jpg

This is why many say Bill still coaches like it’s the 80’s or 90’s.
yeah. that, and how he hasn’t won a Super Bowl since then.

three coaches have won the Lombardi since Bill’s last. Guess the rest of the league is coaching like it’s the ‘60s. Or maybe the 30s?

Last edited:
Getting back to Hopkins - I don’t like the games he’s playing and I think Bill moves on. At Hopkins age, he shouldn’t expect to just stroll in when training camp starts and be good to go learning the playbook (don’t care if he’s familiar with O’Brien) and get familiar with his new team.
I believe that the Pats are fine with Parker.

Parker
Bourne
JuJu
Henry
Gesicki
Stevenson
Mongomery

Thats a decent cast of receiving options right there.

Parker
Bourne
JuJu
Henry
Gesicki
Stevenson
Mongomery

I agree but they're better with Hopkins at the top and everyone else sliding down a spot. I don't think JuJu or Parker are guaranteed WR1's. Solid WR2's yes. Bourne is a very good WR4 but more of an average WR3. I think the addition of Hopkins would be significant.

Wozzy I agree with alot of your takes about the importance of team over any one player even the GOAT QB but you are off the reservation on this one. Gesicki and Henry are average players giving you average production. If they were good enough to be getting 150 targets a season they would be. They only get 60-80 targets cuz they are only open that much versus Kelce, as much as I dislike him, is better at getting separation. He is a better weapon and is part of what makes Mahomes so good, he has a place to go in an emergency. The new NFL is all about scoring and having a #1 weapon (WR, TE whatever) is becoming a larger and larger part of that talent equation you talk about. I preferred football when good o line play was the most important thing but to say it hasn't changed is just sticking your head in the sand going la la la la la I can't hear you.
HH is an average talent at best. Not sure why he is being suddenly viewed as the second coming of Tony Gonzales?

You agree the Patriots could have replicated their dynasty success with any top 15 QB in the NFL? That's nearly half of all starting quarterbacks in the league... plug and play any of those top 15 "into the system" and come out on the other side with 6 Super Bowl championships and the greatest dynasty in NFL history. That's what you agree with??
Ugh. I know this is going to be a waste of my time because you have your head so far up Brady’s rectum you lick his sack internally but they keep pulling me back in and I am compelled to reply. No I don’t think any other QB gets 6 super bowls. Brady is the GOAT for a reason and that is what I call pyscho Tom.

I legit question if Brady has split personality disorder because the regular guy says and does all the right things and is merely an above average starting QB. He’s good but half the other QBs in the league can duplicate his production no problem. Then when the game is close or he needs to, to quote one of the talking heads I forget which one, “call on his greatness” you can see his whole demeanor changes, he gets that look in his eyes and turns into the coldest baddest MF on the planet. The real Tom Brady is the guy who poses with a goat, goes down a water slide screaming like a girl, and says I love you babe to anyone and everyone. That guy is merely good. That guy scares NO ONE. You or I could probably take that guy in a fight.

Pyscho Tom on the other hand, is the guy who refuses to lose a beer chugging contest, he’s the one that goes whatever insane statistics he had against the legion of boom in the 4th quarter, he’s the one that if you meet in a dark alley you aren’t coming out of it. He is probably the scariest man on the planet. If Tom played like THAT guy all the time he’d have a 7000 yard season with 70 TDs And 20 rings.

Now all of that said, my comment was I agree with alot of what woozy says not all so putting words in my mouth you can piss right the F off. I do think Brady has 6 rings because of the TEAMS BB put around him. Give Brady anyone else as a GM coach and I think he only has 1-3 rings, if anyone else gave him a chance to develop remember 6th round pick no 9ne wanted him, depending on how things fell. He would have needed a year where everything went right and he got good matchups in the playoffs. I feel similarly about BB, give him any top 15 QB and he probably gets a ring, maybe two on a year when everything falls right. I view it like this the consistent playoff caliber team building of BB gave Brady as many shots at the SB as he got, psycho Tom is the guy that gets them over the top in crazy situations they have no business of winning. You only get 6 rings with BOTH.

Parker
Bourne
JuJu
Henry
Gesicki
Stevenson
Mongomery

Thornton's getting cut huh?

;)

There's an argument out there, granted promoted by very few, that the Patriots could have won multiple Super Bowls with any top 15 QB plugged into their system. It's a ridiculous argument with absolutely no backing whatsoever. That's what I'm disputing. And of course I realize no one is arguing QBs are meaningless but some are definitely arguing they're much less valuable than they really are. Most important position in the game of football and probably in all of professional team sports.
You said 6.
And sure there is every reason to believe they would have won a few with different QBs.
Yes QB is the most important position in football but they are part of team of 22 offensive and defensive players plus reserves. No chance they are as important as goalie or top player in a basketball team or a mvp baseball player, for example.
Half of the starting QBs can do 90% of what any of them do. The 10% that separates the best only results in championships when they have championship team around them, otherwise the best qb would win every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick