PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Brady hand game ball to McNally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lusdawg

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I don't have the game recorded, but I thought I noticed Brady handing a game ball to someone who looked like McNally as he was running off the field at the end of the game. Later, a reporter asked Tom about two game balls, and Brady clearly stated that he did not keep these balls. If he gave one to McNally, Im guessing the other went to Jastremski?

Can anyone who re-watches the game (end of the game) help me out with this, please? If true, then that was an awesome statement by #12!

McNally wouldn't be at a road game. But Zolak suspected that McNally or Jast might be getting a ball and thats why Brady was so defensive about the question last night.

Yea he specifically gave 1 of the game balls to someone on TV. 3 defamation suits announced feb 8th 2016

He definitely looked like he was putting at least one ball aside. He definitely denied doing anything to the press. And it would DEFINITELY be soooooo cool if he were giving them to McNally and Jankowski.

Last edited:
That would be pretty cool if he did.

On Brady's way out, he had a ball tucked under his left arm and his helmet in his right hand. As he passed a Patriots Equipment guy, he gave the helmet to the equipment guy and placed the ball into the helmet. Then Brady started to run off the field only to be called back by Belichick.. They hugged and then Brady ran off the field to the locker room without anything in his hands..

So, technically, he didn't keep any of the balls.

The Tom Brady FU NFL tour continues.. why not troll the Madison Ave idiots?? It was reported that Roger went to the basement again, bit his knuckle and let out another primal scream..

images

Brady already gave McNally an island and Jastremski got Faneuil Hall so I have to think a game ball would be insulting to either.

On a personal note I have to thank everyone involved for deflategate. I have been selling air by the pound since last February and plan on going public with it next year, buy now folks or you can all start holding your breath. AIRGASM, coming soon to your town.

"If Brady did give those balls to McNally and Jastremski, it only proves that the compensation program outlined in the Wells report really does exist. 8 game suspension! - Roger Goodell.

McNally wouldn't be at a road game. But Zolak suspected that McNally or Jast might be getting a ball and thats why Brady was so defensive about the question last night.

Probably not at the game, but not rule it.

He is no longer allowed to be the ballboy, but he IS again employed by the team.

Last edited:
Probably not at the game, but not rule it.

He is no longer allowed to be the ballboy, but he IS again employed by the team.

McNally never attended any road games with the team because it was just a weekend gig he did. I doubt that has changed.

McNally never attended any road games with the team because it was just a weekend gig he did. I doubt that has changed.

You are using the past tense in your post.

He is in a different position with the team.

He may have been an honored guest along with Yaz. ( ;) )

But who knows?

That's not true, Ken.

He said he didn't keep the balls.
I know what he said, Shmess. My eyes saw something else. But I'm fine with what he said to the press. Clearly, beyond what his contractual requirements are, he doesn't give a damned about the media at this point (beyond probably a handful of guys who treated him fairly over this period).

In fact I really hope this "battle mode" lasts all season long and Brady continues it right onto the defamation suit. Unfortunately Brady is generally an upbeat guy, so staying mad so long will be hard for him. If we are lucky the "it's all about me" mediots will make a big deal about him not making THEIR jobs easier, and keep him with this "edge" for the entire year

I know what he said, Shmess. My eyes saw something else. But I'm fine with what he said to the press. Clearly, beyond what his contractual requirements are, he doesn't give a damned about the media at this point (beyond probably a handful of guys who treated him fairly over this period).

Ken. What is so hard?

He said he didn't KEEP the balls. He never said he didn't TAKE the balls.

It's very simple. The two verbs are different.

Ken. What is so hard?

He said he didn't KEEP the balls. He never said he didn't TAKE the balls.

It's very simple. The two verbs are different.
I don't understand why you making such a huge issue about this. All I've said all along is that it looked like he did something with some balls right after the game, and that I'd like to THINK that he he did it for McNally and/or Jastremski. For all I know it was something for a nephew of Gisselle

"Keep" or "take", who gives a f*ck. Our QB has a hair up his ass right now. I find it interesting and I'm personally glad and hope it lasts. It is also interesting that you seem to have a hair across your ass about this minor distinction in perception. How come. ;)

I don't understand why you making such a huge issue about this. All I've said all along is that it looked like he did something with some balls right after the game, and that I'd like to THINK that he he did it for McNally and/or Jastremski. For all I know it was something for a nephew of Gisselle

"Keep" or "take", who gives a f*ck. Our QB has a hair up his ass right now. I find it interesting and I'm personally glad and hope it lasts. It is also interesting that you seem to have a hair across your ass about this minor distinction in perception. How come. ;)

No need to have a fit, Ken

You wrote "I know what he said, Shmess. My eyes saw something else." and I was trying to clarify it.

I don't have the game recorded, but I thought I noticed Brady handing a game ball to someone who looked like McNally as he was running off the field at the end of the game. Later, a reporter asked Tom about two game balls, and Brady clearly stated that he did not keep these balls. If he gave one to McNally, Im guessing the other went to Jastremski?

Can anyone who re-watches the game (end of the game) help me out with this, please? If true, then that was an awesome statement by #12!
here's the best angle:
2ohwmcV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back